Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Honeycomb Yoke Buttons Randomly Unresponsive

On 6/18/2022 at 10:26 PM, Flic1 said:

You are correct...mine was having similar issues and I replaced with a longer cable and still continued to have problems.  I now cannot use any of the bottoms on the yoke.  I love their throttle quadrant but this yoke has been a huge disappointment for me....

They’ll replace it. You should 

I love the yoke and it's good to know that Honeycomb will replace it if it ever fails me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

30 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

I love the yoke and it's good to know that Honeycomb will replace it if it ever fails me.

Well, they *should* replace it. But, that doesn‘t mean that they *will* replace it. There are many reports on the forums where people contacted Honeycomb support and rarely got a meaningful answer. There were even reports about people sending them their hardware for a replacement which they never got. I would be cautious. 

Edited by petz_e
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, petz_e said:

Well, they *should* replace it. But, that doesn‘t mean that they *will* replace it. There are many reports on the forums where people contacted Honeycomb support and rarely got a meaningful answer. There were even reports about people sending them their hardware for a replacement which they never got. I would be cautious. 

Depends whom you purchased it off. I purchased mine from the guy at flightsimwebshop and never ever had any issues with them. They even sent me the new yoke before I returned the old one! 10/10 service. 

4 hours ago, CFIJose said:

Ermm... I don't know about the laws where you are at, but where I am every vendor is required by law to offer you two years of warranty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Depends whom you purchased it off. I purchased mine from the guy at flightsimwebshop and never ever had any issues with them. They even sent me the new yoke before I returned the old one! 10/10 service. 

Yes, flightsimwebshop is a great vendor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CFIJose said:

Not if you are outside of the 2-year warranty...as I am.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Not if you are outside of the 2-year warranty...as I am.

Here is my post on repairing this problem.  If you have the original Alpha yoke it will be relevant.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/617788-i-repaired-my-alpha-yokes-rj-45-port/

• Like 1

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Don’t rely on them to reply to your customer service ticket. I’ve had a ticket on this same problem going for over a month. It’s unfortunate that you can’t get any help from them. Good product with TERRIBLE customer service.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

On 6/20/2022 at 10:10 PM, Keirtt said:

Don’t rely on them to reply to your customer service ticket. I’ve had a ticket on this same problem going for over a month. It’s unfortunate that you can’t get any help from them. Good product with TERRIBLE customer service.

I generally have gotten quick responses from them but none of the responses have been of use nor helpful.  My 2.5-year old Honeycomb yoke is now bound for the trash bin as I am not going to attempt to disassemble it and solder circuit boards to fix a serious design flaw.  Between the pitch being WAY to stiff and the yoke never fitting properly on my desk (2" thick desk...default clamps too small and XL clamps way too big and non-returnable!) this thing has just been a huge disappointment.  I just ordered the TM Boeing yoke which I will hopefully have better luck with...

I have the HC Bravo Throttle Quad and that has been great...by far the best throttle quadrant I have used and have not had any issue with it.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

The first thing I did when I purchased my Alpha was to replace that telephone cable.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |