Sign in to follow this  
DShutt

Strange Click Spot Issue

Guest charlescumming

Hi Guys,First post, be gentle with me lol.Got an interesting problem with FSX... I used the ALT-ENTER shortcut to force FSX into a window the other day and then used it to get back to full screen.Now when I am in FSX if I want to click on anything, be it a control panel item, menu or hotspot I have to click about 50 or so pixels below where you would normally click.It makes prgramming the new LDS767 FMS a tad tricky :-)I just can't seem to fix it, tried everything short of a re-install.Got the latest drivers 'n all that jazz...Any suggestions or am I just cursed?Thanks in advance...C

>Hi Guys,>>First post, be gentle with me lol.>>Got an interesting problem with FSX... I used the ALT-ENTER>shortcut to force FSX into a window the other day and then>used it to get back to full screen.>>Now when I am in FSX if I want to click on anything, be it a>control panel item, menu or hotspot I have to click about 50>or so pixels below where you would normally click.>>It makes prgramming the new LDS767 FMS a tad tricky :-)>>I just can't seem to fix it, tried everything short of a>re-install.>>Got the latest drivers 'n all that jazz...>>Any suggestions or am I just cursed?>>Thanks in advance...>>CIf the problem is only with the LDS767 then you might as well re-install it, otherwise you can do a REPAIR with FSX.

Guest charlescumming

Unfortunatly, the problem manifests with all aircraft not just the 767.C

Charles - I had exactly the same issue, and got no answers from any forum on this problem: it was as if no-one else had it. It's pretty darned annoying, right! I was able to fix it only when SP1 came out: I removed the entire FSX application, did a registry cleanup, reboot, etc, and a defrag. I then re-installed FSX, the SDK upgrade and then the SP, and have had no problems of any kind since. I'm sorry that I can't give you a better answer, my friend. ;(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest charlescumming

It is pant wettingly frustrating lol :-)Maybe it's time to spring clean and do as you say. There is a fair amount of junk I should clean out of my install anyway.Will let you know if it helps.C

Guest triangle

The way to fix this is:1) Got to windowed (not full screen) mode when in game.2) Then use the maximise icon at the top right to maximise so the middle of the three buttons shows two small squares on top of each other.3) Return to full screen mode via the alt menu.Has happened to me plenty of times.Andrew

>I then>re-installed FSX, the SDK upgrade and then the SP, and have>had no problems of any kind since. >>I'm sorry that I can't give you a better answer, my friend. ;(> Something that I've noticed: do I need SDK upgrade as an average user who doesn't go far beyond messing with panels and adding some gauges?If needed indeed, can you please advise the details and say if the SDK upgrade can be put ontop of the existing streamlined SP1 FSX without altering the current settings?Thanks.

Guest charlescumming

You Sir!Are a genius!Fixed it :-)

Guest triangle

Great news :-) It frustrated me to death for half a day but I wouldn't let up until I had figured it out and pretty soon my fooling around paid off. It sorta dawned on me after awhile that the problem was probably running a full screen version of a non-maximised window, with the click spot offset the difference between the two.Glad to have helped.Andrew

>Hi Guys,>>First post, be gentle with me lol.>>Got an interesting problem with FSX... I used the ALT-ENTER>shortcut to force FSX into a window the other day and then>used it to get back to full screen.>>Now when I am in FSX if I want to click on anything, be it a>control panel item, menu or hotspot I have to click about 50>or so pixels below where you would normally click.>>It makes prgramming the new LDS767 FMS a tad tricky :-)>>I just can't seem to fix it, tried everything short of a>re-install.>>Got the latest drivers 'n all that jazz...>>Any suggestions or am I just cursed?>>Thanks in advance...>>CSeems like the '50 or so pixels' size could be equivalent to the window header.

I got this fenomenon right after switching off all those redicilous visual effects in Vista. I turned them back on and the offset was gone. But now I must live with those annoying and probably recource demanding effects.I'll try that resize fix later today ...Eagle