Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Electra 10A vs Beechcraft 18

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

If you get the AH Electra please tell us how it holds up to the Beech 18.  For me the 247 is out of the question as the look of that bird is too old for my tastes.  Your two choices in the original post are more of a perfect balance between size, era, and style. 

I have the 247 - and like it a lot. Sure. it's older etc. etc. but it's well done. I quite like the way the way the startup procedures are done externally but, more often than not, I get too impatient and go for a simpler "fly now" aircraft. I don't have the Electra (which is why I posted this topic) ... wondering which one to buy. I went for the Beech because it was half the price!

2 hours ago, Naki18 said:

Was thinking of getting the Beech 18 myself, but I think it would one of those aircraft that sits in the.hangar and gets wheeled out occasionally to just look like my Waco 

Hi Naki!! I'd guess that around 90% of all my aircraft (payware and freeware) fall into that bracket! I often look in my "hangar" and wonder which ones should get the chop, but always chicken out!

I'm still holding out for the A2A offerings - as well as a *decent* DC-3.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one then! 

Not sure if it is your cup of tea but the Milviz 310R is just as good as the A2A aircaft from FSX with all the advantages that MSFS offers.  

I might save my money for now as I'm waiting for the AH Chipmunk (subject to reviews) and Ants Tiger Moth. Also got my eye on the Cessna 414 from Flysimware. Might pick up the Beech later when I'm bored!

16 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I have the 247 - and like it a lot. Sure. it's older etc. etc. but it's well done. I quite like the way the way the startup procedures are done externally but, more often than not, I get too impatient and go for a simpler "fly now" aircraft. I don't have the Electra (which is why I posted this topic) ... wondering which one to buy. I went for the Beech because it was half the price!

Hi Naki!! I'd guess that around 90% of all my aircraft (payware and freeware) fall into that bracket! I often look in my "hangar" and wonder which ones should get the chop, but always chicken out!

I'm still holding out for the A2A offerings - as well as a *decent* DC-3.

On 6/20/2022 at 4:41 AM, Naki18 said:

Was thinking of getting the Beech 18 myself, but I think it would one of those aircraft that sits in the.hangar and gets wheeled out occasionally to just look like my Waco 

Just found that if your combine the Beech 18 with FSRealistic it's amazing.👍  The sound options from FSRealistic add so much to the aircraft.  It seems FSRealistic really shines with these old passenger carriers (the DC3 will be a blast when it comes out) and amphibian aircraft like the Goose (bush planes as well for the water sounds).  Can't use it for every aircraft though.  That being said still waiting on hearing from current Electra owners as to the updates and is it worth it now...🙂

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

On 6/19/2022 at 3:41 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

That must be the tie-breaker LOL!

It is, just made with love from the Dev Team and it flies wonderfully and landing and take-off work in the same way..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Naki18 said:

... I'm waiting for the AH Chipmunk (subject to reviews) ...

And make sure you read those reviews very carefully. If this new Chipmunk flies anything like their FSX/P3D one did, it'll be best to hang on to your money.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

The Electra is absolutely awful in MSFS. Buyers beware.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

16 hours ago, Naki18 said:

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one then! 

Not sure if it is your cup of tea but the Milviz 310R is just as good as the A2A aircaft from FSX with all the advantages that MSFS offers.  

I might save my money for now as I'm waiting for the AH Chipmunk (subject to reviews) and Ants Tiger Moth. Also got my eye on the Cessna 414 from Flysimware. Might pick up the Beech later when I'm bored!

I was so much looking forward to the 310... maybe I overhyped it... I don't find myself gravitating towards it. I just find that Milviz's texturing isn't as relaistic as other offerings in the sim. For the life of me I cannot land it smoothly either... it just feels like it lacks weight. Thats my opinion... I held off on the 414 for a long time, and pulled the trigger yesterday. Only flew it for an hour... but I really liked it. It feels weighty, and reminds me of flying a twin in real life. Sounds are awesome, texturing awesome. I can see myself starting  world tour with it. It lacks the systems modelling and depth of the 310, but that could come in the future. 

Unfortunately I stay away from all tail draggers in the sim as the physics are just wonky. I have flown tail draggers in real life, and nothing is that difficult to take off in reality. You aren't veering all over the place... something about the contact friction. Hopefully they fix it. 

4 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

The Electra is absolutely awful in MSFS. Buyers beware.

Do you have the latest patched version?

FS2020 

13 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Do you have the latest patched version?

yes and it still awful. 

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

yes and it still awful. 

That's all I needed to know, Thanks.👍

It's off the purchase list.😉

FS2020 

6 hours ago, Paul K said:

And make sure you read those reviews very carefully. If this new Chipmunk flies anything like their FSX/P3D one did, it'll be best to hang on to your money.

Thanks...i had the FSX AH Chipmunk and it was disappointing to say the least 

Edited by Naki18