Sign in to follow this  
arbt

Vanishing replay aircraft in MSFS.

I have used both the SkyDolly app and the default dev mode  MSFS replay function and persistently experience vanishing aircraft in both cases.  I can set up a fixed viewing spot within the airfield readily enough using the MSFS camera>showcase>drone and as reported by others am unable to get the camera to automatically follow the flight. I have to manually track the replay aircraft.  But I haven't seen reported the second problem I have. Replay aircraft suddenly vanish a km or so outside the airfield perimeter. The one exception seems to be Robert Richardson's very good freeware Mk8 Gloster Meteor which, unlike the rest of my MSFS aircraft is I understand an FSX port over and in replay fades into the distance in a realistic manner.  Does anyone else have this problem and might  it relate to inherent differences between FSX and MSFS aircraft builds? 

Many thanks for the prompt reply Peloto. I'm not sure that flight control replay will enable the camera views I'm after and will hold off purchase for now. I am interested to know if any one has had the same problems I am experiencing with vanishing aircraft in replays using the MSFS inbuilt dev mode replay,  SkyDolly  and one other freeware replay app that I tried, the name of which escapes me.  Also interested in any views as to the cause  of this phenomenon. 

• Upvote 1

@arbt For nothing. With this tool I do not have vanishing problems, with other options, I don´t know, I do not use them, I tried once some week ago the inbuild Dev Mode replay but even I could not even start it and watch some replay, then I bought this tool and works well.

Thanks again Peloto. I am starting to wonder if it might be a problem peculiar to my PC set up although it runs MSFS pretty much stutter free with most settings ultra or high.  I do get a moderate degree of pop up over photogrammetry  dense cities eg London however.  Smooth , crisp and trouble free elsewhere. My setup: 12th gen intel i5-12600KF 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE  RTX 3050 8GB Graphics card, windows 11 Home. My CPU seems to be cruising at all times, my graphics card varies between around 60% and 100% utilisation. 

• Upvote 1

I have just installed Sky Dolly and find it a great tool but I am seeing this issue too.  First time I've used a recorder so not saying it is down to Sky Dolly. I don't suppose you ever found a resolution to this did you?

Edit:  I can see there is a post about this issue on the MSFS forum.  Seems to be 'one of those things' at the moment but would love to know if there is a tweak to extend that range out.

Edited by Dreamsofwings1

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

I haven’t tried this mod but it seems to be what you may need.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/range-magic-tool-long-distance-fading-fix-for-airshows-other-events-by-flight-simulator-airshows/530842

• Upvote 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

No,  I'm afraid I never found a solution to replay aircraft suddenly disappearing when viewed from a fixed camera within the airfield. I've reverted to the default MSFS recorder/replay function lately and recorded aircraft continue to vanish and reappear within a radius of perhaps 3 or so km of the fixed camera position on replay. That is with the exception of Robert Richardson's very good freeware Gloster Meteor which,  as I've previously mentioned,  gradually diminishes from sight in a reasonably realistic fashion.  I am  wondering if Richardson's  aircraft model is less demanding of my graphics card which is a GEFORCE RTX 3050 8GB. Although my CPU seems underutilised my graphics card is usually toiling in the range 60 to 100%.  I have 16GB of RAM.     Good luck. I am hoping that Microsoft/Asobo will solve the problem further down the track and wonder if the problem might be part of the reason for the otherwise unfathomable delay in introducing a user friendly and effective replay function. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimPlaneDriver said:

I haven’t tried this mod but it seems to be what you may need.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/range-magic-tool-long-distance-fading-fix-for-airshows-other-events-by-flight-simulator-airshows/530842

Hey thanks!  This looks like it would fit the bill perfectly!  I will give it a try.

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

10 hours ago, SimPlaneDriver said:

I wonder if this tool could be used for AIG traffic?  I was excited to see this link but the example changes just one aircraft, so I guess modifying AIG aircraft isn't feasible.  It is disappointing to see AIG traffic disappearing far too soon in MSFS and a modification like this would be amazing!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

20 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

It is disappointing to see AIG traffic disappearing far too soon in MSFS and a modification like this would be amazing!

Agreed. I would also like to increase the volume of AI traffic to a realistic level as well. 

On 9/4/2022 at 6:00 AM, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Hey thanks!  This looks like it would fit the bill perfectly!  I will give it a try.

Glad to hear it. Maybe a feature on your YT channel?

• Like 1