Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

FSD Saratoga VC anomalies

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing these strange texture anomalies in the FSD Saratoga VC? I would have posted this at FSD's help forum but they don't allow pix and in this case a picture is indeed worth a thousand words. I have tried reinstalling the aircraft, different video drivers, latest DirectX, different NVIDIA forceware settings, various FSX display settings including turning off AA within FSX but nothing seems to help. I do not have this problem with any other aircraft including FSD's C337 and Real Air's SF260. Dell 8400 640(3.2GHz/800FSB) | 2GB pc2-4200 | 256MB GeForce 7600 GS

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest SteveS_FSD

>Does anyone have an idea what might be causing these strange texture anomalies in the FSD Saratoga VC?Bob,The very first option on our Tech Support page is "Contact FSD by email" ... ? As it's just not possible to monitor all forums in real time, if you need support and want to illustrate a problem you could always drop us a line. The problem you have reported is understood and easy to resolve. It seems that you have may have moved the viewpoint back slightly from the pre-set (perhaps via a saved flight) and as a result it seems to be nudging the headrest. That is what you are seeing. The problem developers have with FS (anyversion) is that the FS "eye" as defined by the "eyepoint" variable doesn't do much of a job of rendering what the standard issue, wide-angle, Mark 1 human eyeball sees. The eyepoint needs to be set as far back from the panel as possible to try and draw what you'd normally see in a seated position. That reference point can't touch or be assigned within a part of the 3D structure (such as the pesky headrest) for doing that interferes with drawing that object and worse still, the VC click spot functions can go screwy. My own view is that the headrests on the pilot seats of *any* aircraft VC should be nuked to simply eliminate the problem altogether, as their presence regularly introduces problems such as your report in any model from any developer (AFAIK). FS users typically want the view to be set further aft to see more panel acreage, and when they scroll aft they frequently run into this problem. Most report the click spot interference ... it's part of the same problem.You will find that if you zoom/scroll the view forward a click or two (or use the + key) that by doing so you will move the eyepoint slightly forward of the headrest and won't suffer this problem. You will have to move it back however if you want to regain the normal VC panel view as assigned.We hope this post helps you understand the problem, why and how it occurs, and how you can avoid (or overcome) it. You can always custom edit the eyepoint variable fwd, but remember ... you will have to zoom back out to see what you'd normally see.Please contact us directly if you need further support with this or any other issue.Best,.....http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

Thanks for replying Steve...I also posted this problem at your support forum.I have the same problem regardless of where I set the "eyepoint" but had decided to post the zoomed out pix to better illustrate the situation.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest allcott

MOVE the eyepoint, not ZOOM it. By definition, zoom keeps the relative position the same so of course you will still the inside of the headrest - you haven't `moved`, only increased or decreased magnification. Once you find a happy medium, you cement the position in the aircraft.cfg. Although why you need to look at the headrests in flight is a whole different question.;) FSX allows you to define all sorts of different camera positions from which it is still possible to scan, zoom and move, so if you're having a rubber-necking problem you could also define a specific camera angle to help. These could be reached from the `A` key. After being stored in the panel.cfg.Clues in this topichttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=403123&page=Or just buy TrackIR, which really is the complete solution to problems such as this. Allcott

>Does anyone have an idea what might be causing these strange>texture anomalies in the FSD Saratoga VC? I would have posted>this at FSD's help forum but they don't allow pix and in this>case a picture is indeed worth a thousand words. I have tried>reinstalling the aircraft, different video drivers, latest>DirectX, different NVIDIA forceware settings, various FSX>display settings including turning off AA within FSX but>nothing seems to help. I do not have this problem with any>other aircraft including FSD's C337 and Real Air's SF260. >>Dell 8400 640(3.2GHz/800FSB) | 2GB pc2-4200 | 256MB GeForce>7600 GS

Thanks guys! I'll give it a try.

>MOVE the eyepoint, not ZOOM it. By definition, zoom keeps the>relative position the same so of course you will still the>inside of the headrest - you haven't `moved`, only increased>or decreased magnification. >>Once you find a happy medium, you cement the position in the>aircraft.cfg. Although why you need to look at the headrests>in flight is a whole different question.;) FSX allows you to>define all sorts of different camera positions from which it>is still possible to scan, zoom and move, so if you're having>a rubber-necking problem you could also define a specific>camera angle to help. These could be reached from the `A` key.>After being stored in the panel.cfg.>>Clues in this topic>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=403123&page=>>Or just buy TrackIR, which really is the complete solution to>problems such as this. >>Allcott"MOVE the eyepoint, not ZOOM it"What is the best way to MOVE the eyepoint?

HelloHere you go.Set your prefered zoom then adjust your eyepoint to suitZOOM KEYSzoom in = shift pluszoom out = shift minusEYEPOINT KEYSeyepoint forward = ctl backspaceeyepoint back = ctl entereyepoint right = ctl shift entereyepoint left = ctl shift backspaceeyepoint down = shift backspaceeyepoint up = shift enter