Sign in to follow this  
Akki

Version 31.10.3 confusion

Hi Nico, read your release Notes concerning the latest update, I am sorry but I do not understand what you are trying to describe under "Important" - which textfiles are you referring to and what is the purpose by moving such text files?

I checked your SAS file under regcodesAIG and it do not contain the "Spinnaker" subsidary SZS.... and I see further down that you do not want us to change the aircraft.cfg but so far it has been the only way to sort out the issue with for instance Spinnaker...

Åke

44 minutes ago, Akki said:

Hi Nico, read your release Notes concerning the latest update, I am sorry but I do not understand what you are trying to describe under "Important" - which textfiles are you referring to and what is the purpose by moving such text files?

Any text files you have there should be transferred to the new location. If you don't have made any files yourself in that location, then there is nothing to be done.

They have to be moved, because otherwise they will not be processed. The new location is because of a bug in the Networked setup.

44 minutes ago, Akki said:

I checked your SAS file under regcodesAIG and it do not contain the "Spinnaker" subsidary SZS.... and I see further down that you do not want us to change the aircraft.cfg but so far it has been the only way to sort out the issue with for instance Spinnaker...

If you want changes, you beter report them to vHaaland, the author of the file. And if he agrees, I'll change it it the next release.

Making the change yourself does not make much sense, because in the next release it will be overwritten. Note that in principle all info in the data folder is read only for you, it contains specifications, and with every new release they will be installed again.

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico,

Where can i find the folder liveries\Regcodes. I see the folder regcodesAIG in PSXT data folder but no liveries\regcodes.

P3dv4.5

Kind regard,

Sjon

1 hour ago, ongara said:

Where can i find the folder liveries\Regcodes. I see the folder regcodesAIG in PSXT data folder but no liveries\regcodes.

You have to run 31.10.3 once first, then you will see it (as subfolder of PSXseeconTraffic).

I'll add that to the Release notes.

Edited by kiek

18 hours ago, Akki said:

I checked your SAS file under regcodesAIG and it do not contain the "Spinnaker" subsidary SZS

I'm aware SAS Connect is missing, I plan to add them

3 hours ago, vhaaland said:

I'm aware SAS Connect is missing, I plan to add them

That would be just great- assume you do that in the RegcodesAIG folder? We have "SAS Connect, SAS Link och SAS Scandinavia... and the SZS code stand for call name "Spinnaker" but the physical aircraft is painted in SAS colours for instance EI-FPN which is a CRJ900 which use to fly for Ireland subsidiry ( cost saving action). Assume EI stands for just Ireland.

My problem occur when a SZS flight is not determined as an SK flight and in a physical aircraft from SAS.

Regards

Åke

Edited by Akki

56 minutes ago, Akki said:

That would be just great- assume you do that in the RegcodesAIG folder?

Vidar cannot do that. I'll add it to the data/RegcodeAIG folder. That folder is part of the PSXT installation and will be re-installed at each new release.

liveries\Regcodes is the place for you to put your own files.

31 minutes ago, kiek said:

Vidar cannot do that. I'll add it to the data/RegcodeAIG folder. That folder is part of the PSXT installation and will be re-installed at each new release.

liveries\Regcodes is the place for you to put your own files.

OK, now I understand better. I checked the latter and saw that you created the SZS  in addition. I understand this so that even if the ICAO dont fit with the list it would take a SAS CRJ for instance with Live matching depth set to 7?

Great thanks Nico!

Åke

Edited by Akki

25 minutes ago, Akki said:

I understand this so that even if the ICAO dont fit with the list it would take a SAS CRJ for instance with Live matching depth set to 7?

Don't understand what your mean.

A  regcode match always takes place first, the matching depth is irrelevant.