Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Let's play, "Date that Screenshot"

I read comments that overall lighting/coloration/and more have changed for the worse in MSFS.  See if you can roughly date the following screenshots I have saved over time.   After a week I'll posted the actual capture dates by #.  NOTE:  BE SURE not to copy the images!  Just use numbers, #1, #2, etc.  Cheers

#1:  spacer.png

#2:spacer.png

#3:spacer.png

#4:spacer.png

#5:spacer.png

#6spacer.png

#7spacer.png

#8:spacer.png

#9:spacer.png

#10:spacer.png

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Think all of them are after 1895

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Haha this will be good.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I want to say #6 is very very recent, and #1 is very early in the games history. That's all I can make out as a non-stickler. 😂

Also Noel, just an FYI, Charlie stickied this I think a week ago:

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just one persons opinion here. 

That said i am guessing that no6 is more 'world realistic' and no1 is a bit more  'animated', for want of a better word.

So to stay focused with the topic i would guess the same as the above post

Edited by icewater5

Yes I'm sorry I thought the screenshot posting was for copying/quoting the post above.  I asked Charlie to just delete the post.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Yes I'm sorry I thought the screenshot posting was for copying/quoting the post above.  I asked Charlie to just delete the post.

It's OK, In this forum, Noel!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well I have a feeling this topic is pretty much buried. Mods, can we make an exception just this once? I was really looking forward to seeing lots of guesses but if it is in this neck of the woods, not a lot of eyes will be on it.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

On 6/20/2022 at 6:32 AM, Krakin said:

Well I have a feeling this topic is pretty much buried.

Yep, it's going to disappear fast!  Oh well, here you go:

#1:  Fussen, Bavaria ~ Sept 2020  (good call WestAir!)

#2:  Medellin, CO - Jan 2022

#3:  Kansas City, MO - Jan 2022

#4:  Sydney, NSW - April 2022

#5:  Gunnison, CO - April 2021

#6:  Ukiah, CA - Nov 2021  (oops, WestAir!)

#7:  Telluride, CO - April 2021

#8:  Near Stockton, CA - Nov 2021

#9:  Venice, IT - May 2022

#10:  Rotenburg aub der Taber, DE - same as #1 ;o)

I don't see much difference in these myself.  I think there needs to be add'l work on coloration but when Asobo integrates shader-based seasonal changes this should be a major change.  No, don't have inside knowledge on this it's just a guess about where they will go with it based on geolocation.  

Noel