Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

First look PMDG 737 update

2 hours ago, VBHB said:

Yep... just another 737 we've flown since FSX.... just prettier. And we all just sit around and go "wow thanks heaps for that better spinning trim wheel you're the best!!! yay!!! thanks PMDG!!!"

For some of us since FS9 (maybe FS2k2).  That being said I applaud their amazing effort for FS2020.  Some of these comments are funny.  If we had three or four developers with high end 737's out then I could see the diatribe.  But seeing PMDG is the only game in town for a detailed 737 in FS2020 and an outstanding job on top of that the criticism baffles me.  I too looked at this update and thought, 'Is That it?'... Then by virtue of being in IT knowing the effort that goes into the smallest of things this must have been significant to them.  Like others have said at least their working on it and making it better as they go along.  That's more than can be said with other offerings (IFly isn't even at the table yet, if ever).   At the end of the day for all the complainers, FSX/P3D, FS9, XPlane, and all the other cartoon simulators are still available with their better range of options to choose from.😏

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 9

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

What's your agenda with this statement?

Its not like he said anything that was fictional. Come on it's half way though 2022

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 1

I waiting for LNAV, FD and the EFB, and until those come I have put the 737 in the hanger -- but it would be nice to hear some feedback for those of you who update.

Dan Scott

34 minutes ago, Dillon said:

For some of us since FS9 (maybe FS2k2).  That being said I applaud their amazing effort for FS2020.  Some of these comments are funny.  If we had three or four developers with high end 737's out then I could see the diatribe.  But seeing PMDG is the only game in town for a detailed 737 in FS2020 and an outstanding job on top of that the criticism baffles me.  I too looked at this update and thought, 'Is That it?'... Then by virtue of being in IT knowing the effort that goes into the smallest of things this must have been significant to them.  Like others have said at least their working on it and making it better as they go along.  That's more than can be said with other offerings (IFly isn't even at the table yet, if ever).   At the end of the day for all the complainers, FSX/P3D, FS9, XPlane, and all the other cartoon simulators are still available with all their better options to choose from.😏

Absolutely... and for those who think "That's it?" (and then keep repeating it ad nauseam on every PMDG thread), they can wait until the new EFB, LNAV 2.0, etc all come in the next months likely with or before the -800. They can also do so after cluing into the fact that PMDG said up front that these features will *not* be in the initial -700 release and will come in the following months (sort of, like, how it's actually happening). But here they are, whining about it, almost as if it's that's their way of dealing with their own impatience, or feebly attempting to bolster their narrative that PMDG and/or RSR are the devil incarnate 😂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

47 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Absolutely... and for those who think "That's it?" (and then keep repeating it ad nauseam on every PMDG thread), they can wait until the new EFB, LNAV 2.0, etc all come in the next months likely with or before the -800. They can also do so after cluing into the fact that PMDG said up front that these features will *not* be in the initial -700 release and will come in the following months (sort of, like, how it's actually happening). But here they are, whining about it, almost as if it's that's their way of dealing with their own impatience, or feebly attempting to bolster their narrative that PMDG and/or RSR are the devil incarnate 😂

Yes. It's very tiresome to always and without fail see the usual suspects doing their moral outrage act. -sigh- Would be nice to read about something/anything about PMDG without this hysteria.

I suspect after seeing Fenix EFB they've decided to try to match what Fenix has accomplished. At least that's my guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I will welcome this update when it is released. I fly the PMDG B737 in MSFS quite regularly, along with the A320 and I love both of them. I have great enjoyment in both aircraft, and regards the 737, I will be happy with the smoother animations of the landing gear lever, flaps lever and trim wheel. Although I have thought they did not move as smooth as the rest of the plane performs in MSFS for me, it has NOT reduced my enjoyment of using the 737 in MSFS. Good to hear this update is coming up soon. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I'm personally thankful we have it in msfs 2020 at all, these improvements will come, its not like the world is ending,some people don't have food, we don't have an EFB so maybe some perspective

• Like 3

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I don't really get the hate. To be honest, this is my first PMDG 737, or product for that matter.. I really enjoy it. Does what I want it to do. Very satisfying to fly.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jpe828 said:

I don't really get the hate. 

Ask P3D and FSX users this.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

Ask P3D and FSX users this.

Enlighten me... but in reality why not just not buy it then? There are other options. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jpe828 said:

Enlighten me... but in reality why not just not buy it then? There are other options. 

Bought in FSX. skipped P3D but you obviously don't know the whole story about the promises about this "Elite" Company that did not deliver. Out

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Bought in FSX. skipped P3D but you obviously don't know the whole story about the promises about this "Elite" Company.

And I don't care... because the product I bought delivers in my opinion. Time may tell, but seems there are others out there that enjoy it too. And the DC6 seems popular as well. 

• Like 6

Just now, jpe828 said:

And I don't care...

You don't have to mee neither. Enjoy your purchase.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

I don't really get the hate. To be honest, this is my first PMDG 737, or product for that matter.. I really enjoy it. Does what I want it to do. Very satisfying to fly.

I guess it speaks to human nature in some... there are those here that seem to have baggage with PMDG especially from previous sims, and therefore can't stand the fact when others are loving what PMDG has to offer, or all the attention that PMDG is getting for its MSFS products (which btw has PMDG laughing all the way to the bank all the time)... so therefore are trying their darndest to make themselves heard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD