Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

First look PMDG 737 update

Let me summarize the position of half of the guys here: "If someone doesn't enjoy what I enjoy, he is wrong and has personal problems"

(By the way I do enjoy the 737, a lot actually.)

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I guess it speaks to human nature in some... there are those here that seem to have baggage with PMDG especially from previous sims, and therefore can't stand the fact when others are loving what PMDG has to offer, or all the attention that PMDG is getting for its MSFS products (which btw has PMDG laughing all the way to the bank all the time)... so therefore are trying their darndest to make themselves heard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it speaks to human nature that some are so enamored with their toys that they will overlook any amount of dishonesty or malfeasance as long as the products keep getting made.   I Love PMDG's products, always been a fan.  but they have earned every speck of ill will they have generated as well.  It's not a one way street.  They have this coming, and have had for a while.  doesn't mean I don't enjoy the products.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Lets just say this there are better options than this FSX redemption of a 737 for years now. Keep buying over and over.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Let me summarize the position of half of the guys here: "If someone doesn't enjoy what I enjoy, he is wrong and has personal problems"

(By the way I do enjoy the 737, a lot actually.)

Yeah it works both ways. Some folks do like it and some have other opinions. We shouldn't silence folks for feeling a certain way. This is a 'forum' after all. If you don't like what you read then just move on. 

I do think there are some folks from P3D who use this forum to air their grievances. I also think Randazzo's ego got the better of the release. It isn't quite the rock star release he thought it was. Fenix proved that.

I think a lot of folk wanted something truly MSFS, and not something that looks like it was ported over from P3D. The textures aren't great, some flat, some really quite bad. PMDG should throw some money at the guy who released the (taken down) mod for the flight deck to make it look more realistic!

Together with no EFB yet etc. it just seems good not great to me. I am truly happy that we have a good quality 737 in MSFS. I just think it should have been polished a little before it was released.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

I guess it speaks to human nature that some are so enamored with their toys that they will overlook any amount of dishonesty or malfeasance as long as the products keep getting made.   I Love PMDG's products, always been a fan.  but they have earned every speck of ill will they have generated as well.  It's not a one way street.  They have this coming, and have had for a while.  doesn't mean I don't enjoy the products.

I've never used their products before than on MSFS. And I don't think they have been "dishonest"... We don't need to be "enamored" to see reality for what it is... they have been very upfront about what's exactly coming and when and what's missing. If they were badly off on release timeline estimates that's not dishonesty surely. If they complained too much about Asobo either due to missing features or them not knowing stuff, I also don't think that's intentional dishonesty, but YMMV.

As to the personal issues some seem to have with RSR, and their forum moderation, and them taking down of cockpit texture mods etc, well big meh... Even if I got into such tussles on their forums with them I wouldn't let it personally impact me to the point where I need to keep dumping on PMDG on every PMDG related thread everywhere 🙂

You might think they have earned this ill will from corners of forums and reddit land, and that's fair... but what they are really earning is big revenue, and no amount of venting and gnashing of teeth by those who're butthurt by PMDG is going make an impact on that.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

I don't really get the hate. To be honest, this is my first PMDG 737, or product for that matter.. I really enjoy it. Does what I want it to do. Very satisfying to fly.

You'll have to get used to it. This is AVSIM.

• Like 1

David Porrett

Before MFS I've never bought a PMDG product. But both the DC6 and the 737 I have found to be excellent. I don't understand the griping? Let's face it Boeings are very agricultural anyway.😀

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I guess it speaks to human nature in some... there are those here that seem to have baggage with PMDG especially from previous sims, and therefore can't stand the fact when others are loving what PMDG has to offer, or all the attention that PMDG is getting for its MSFS products (which btw has PMDG laughing all the way to the bank all the time)... so therefore are trying their darndest to make themselves heard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can insert Carenado instead of PMDG and come away with the exact same statement.  Carenado has been making some fine add-ons for FS2020 and the hate is none stop...🙁 

Human Nature/Humanity at it's best and this is just in the confines of the FS community.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Sorry, never used their products before than on MSFS. And I don't think they have been "dishonest"... We don't need to be "enamored" to see reality for what it is... they have been very upfront about what's exactly coming and when and what's missing. If they were badly off on release timeline estimates that's not dishonesty surely. If they complained too much about Asobo either due to missing features or them not knowing stuff, I also don't think that's intentional dishonesty, but YMMV.

As to the personal issues some seem to have with RSR, and their forum moderation, and them taking down of cockpit texture mods etc, well big meh... Even if I got into such tussles on their forums with them I wouldn't let it personally impact me to the point where I need to keep dumping on PMDG on every PMDG related thread everywhere 🙂

You might think they have earned this ill will from corners of forums and reddit land, and that's fair... but what they are really earning is big revenue, and no amount of venting and gnashing of teeth by those who're butthurt by PMDG is going make an impact on that.

well, you said it yourself.  this is your first pmdg experience.  It takes a minimum of buying the same product at least twice, and paying progressively more for it, while seeing the previous reasons for the higher prices discarded, and new ones invented, before you really get it.  and then promises made and not kept, or rolled into the next paid package (not upgrade, since they don't do those)  

And of course you really haven't lived until you've had them insert code in their installer to prevent installation into a functionally identical sim, and then charge you a 140 percent premium to remove that installer code for the exact same aircraft code you already bought for the other functionally identical sim.

But if you want a 737 they are the only game in town, after scaring off all competitors by falsely claiming the 737 for msfs was nearly ready to go 2 years ago, while then blaming the sim developer for the fact that it wasn't.  fun times.

The fact you haven't been ripped off yet doesn't invalidate those of us who have been.

The plane IS good though.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Dillon said:

You can insert Carenado instead of PMDG and come away with the exact same statement.  Carenado has been making some fine add-ons for FS2020 and the hate is none stop...🙁 

Human Nature/Humanity at it's best and this is just in the confines of the FS community.  

Carenado seriously, get out of here dude. Pretty girl with no brain.

Edited by jbdbow1970

6 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Pretty girl with no brain.

Uncanny. So you know my wife personally?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, jarmstro said:

Uncanny. So you know my wife personally?

Never married but my girlfreind made me pretty happy. Sorry for your loss.

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

Never married but my girlfreind made me pretty happy. Sorry for your loss.

Loss?😀 Nah. She's still here.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

.  It takes a minimum of buying the same product at least twice, and paying progressively more for it, while seeing the previous reasons for the higher prices discarded, and new ones invented, before you really get it.  and then promises made and not kept, or rolled into the next paid package (not upgrade, since they don't do those)  

And of course you really haven't lived until you've had them insert code in their installer to prevent installation into a functionally identical sim, and then charge you a 140 percent premium to remove that installer code for the exact same aircraft code you already bought for the other functionally identical sim.

But if you want a 737 they are the only game in town, after scaring off all competitors by falsely claiming the 737 for msfs was nearly ready to go 2 years ago, while then blaming the sim developer for the fact that it wasn't.  fun times.

The fact you haven't been ripped off yet doesn't invalidate those of us who have been.

Very good synopsis of the situation.

16 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

The plane IS good though.

Seems to be a regression from where they were with the NGXu. I'd say it's 'fine' with potential to be good.

Tbf, no alternative 737 is going to compete for a long time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, jarmstro said:

Loss?😀 Nah. She's still here.

I guess you missed my point. PMDG is not the "Big Dogs anymore". believe or  not folks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1