Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

First look PMDG 737 update

For those PMDG praises, you are actually getting a P3D port over plane with the same level of cockpit and slightly better external model. There is no completely new build claimed by RJR as the project started. If you feel you are satisfied because of it is a PMDG plane, your standard has declined for years!

• Upvote 3

In terms of the EFB, why has Fenix and PMDG only opted for Navigraph? Why not let users choose their own source for charts etc?

It's clear that there may be a monetary mutual benefit for all devs concerned......but consumer choice should also apply.

I hope that both devs wake up (and any future devs).

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

1 hour ago, nicboyGS said:

For those PMDG praises, you are actually getting a P3D port over plane with the same level of cockpit and slightly better external model. There is no completely new build claimed by RJR as the project started. If you feel you are satisfied because of it is a PMDG plane, your standard has declined for years!

I mean, even if you were right  I wouldnt really care.  I was happy with the p3d version of the plane but im sorry p3d just sucked in so many ways.  Msfs is just awsome, and im happy to have that same plane from p3d in the msfs environment and I think having that is worth every penny.   Do you all expect pmdg to have worked for 2 years to bring the aircraft over for free?

Edited by Pilot53
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, nicboyGS said:

Well you know what they say about opinions.

perhaps you should just let people enjoy what they enjoy - that is really none of your business.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

2 hours ago, nicboyGS said:

It’s a 737.. how different could your “new build” possibly be. Couple finger prints on the LCD screens? Better cabin? Don’t get me wrong that would be cool but meh that isn’t gonna affect my enjoyment of an airplane. The EFB  is coming.

I also own and love the Fenix A320 it’s is almost perfect. I still fly the PMDG 737 because the quality isn’t as far off from the A320 as the haters would claim it to be. IMO. 

Edited by Azapata87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

It’s a 737.. how different could your “new build” possibly be. Couple finger prints on the LCD screens? Better cabin? Don’t get me wrong that would be cool but meh that isn’t gonna affect my enjoyment of an airplane. The EFB  is coming.

I also own and love the Fenix A320 it’s is almost perfect. I still fly the PMDG 737 because the quality isn’t as far off from the A320 as the haters would claim it to be. IMO. 

In many respects i find the 737 to be more complete than the fenix.  Yeah its missing the efb and other quality of life features, but the aircraft itself feels more complete.  The fenix has rather large inaccuracies with its flight model in terms of drag, fuel burn etc.  In fact something as simple as the engine anti ice and its effect on the engine n1 is not even simulated yet but im told is planned.  That and very limited customer support, no forum, and 3 weeks now with no update or announcements.  Pmdg isnt perfect but neither is fenix or anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

I mean, even if you were right  I wouldnt really care.  I was happy with the p3d version of the plane but im sorry p3d just sucked in so many ways.  Msfs is just awsome, and im happy to have that same plane from p3d in the msfs environment and I think having that is worth every penny.   Do you all expect pmdg to have worked for 2 years to bring the aircraft over for free?

agreed spend less time whinging about what it isnt than what it could be, enjoy it, fly it we know it will get better. I dont waste that much energy on hating this and that just fly man fly

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Anyone know when the 737-800 will go on sale?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, rjquick said:

The simulation is of a 737 NG. The plane hasn't changed. What did people expect to be different?

You seem to have missed the point. 

Of course it's a 737. It's a 737 now, was a 737 then, and back then, and back then, and way back then.....

After recycling this plane more often than an aging rock band recycling its "Greatest Hits", you would expect them to get this part right. 

Eventually, though, you have to catch up to current standards in terms of "sim features".

-simbrief integration
- high def textures all around
- EFB

- all this available on default / (free) modded planes

- all lacking in a supposedly "state of the art" addon. 

(Yeah, I know, it's all "coming soon" and "the wait is almost over")

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike T said:

Yeah, RJR is abrasive, and he's made some ridiculous decisions while running his company but so has the head of every company I know - large and small. And the irony is that almost everyone complaining about RJR probably tripped over their dog running to get their wallet to purchase the unfinished MSFS 737-700 on day one. I'm not sure where all this "hatred" for RJR is coming from

You answered the question yourself in the first sentence. 

Also, given you’re claiming that people who don’t know who some other random guy is “haven’t earned their stripes”, you probably need to check the name of the person you just wrote a long post about. “RJR”?? Lol, nope. 

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You seem to have missed the point. 

Of course it's a 737. It's a 737 now, was a 737 then, and back then, and back then, and way back then.....

After recycling this plane more often than an aging rock band recycling its "Greatest Hits", you would expect them to get this part right. 

Eventually, though, you have to catch up to current standards in terms of "sim features".

-simbrief integration
- high def textures all around
- EFB

- all this available on default / (free) modded planes

- all lacking in a supposedly "state of the art" addon. 

(Yeah, I know, it's all "coming soon" and "the wait is almost over")

I just dont get it, simbrief integration works great on my end, and both on my 4k display and in vr the textures all look fantastic.  There is nothing low res that i have noticed in normal use of the plane

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Azapata87 said:

The same no meaning argument, why you want to buy a new car, the car is the same anyway, 4 wheels and one engine. Why would you prefer to spend a lot of money buy a fancy car or newer model with more updated electronics and functions. The same goes the airplane, it is just a plane, but why you want to fly a newer plane if the speed is about the same 5r0 years ago. This going nowhere if every comments bring such passive thoughts. Why buy MSFS 2020, why not just go back fly PMDG FSX wouldn't that be better as you can continue benefit from your past purchase. 

Edited by nicboyGS

yup, this is avsim where old men come together for pilot cosplay fellowship and stalk and complain about developers non-stop.  

on youtube i see professional 737 and a320 pilots share their enthusiasm and enjoyment of flying the 737 (and a320) in mfs, sharing with the cosplay community how to fly these cool machines like the real thing without the constant complaining on how the texture is fsx or lnav is a total failure; one click to avsim and here it is again, how the 737 is simply a warmed over p3d version and how much grudge they hold against the developer for some creepy personal reasons.  it sure is a good time kill reading grown dudes without any sense of self awareness beclowning themselves, but man, this show's been running non-stop everyday now.  

i'd prefer going to the other subforum and checkout the situation on historical wx and learn why mfs is for gamers, in that case the mods are full in on the conversation and is seriously entertaining. 

Edited by kdfw__
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Anyone know when the 737-800 will go on sale?

PMDG said August, September if all goes well, but not realy shure about..

cheers 😉

• Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

yup, this is avsim where old men come together for pilot cosplay fellowship and stalk and complain about developers non-stop.  

on youtube i see professional 737 and a320 pilots share their enthusiasm and enjoyment of flying the 737 (and a320) in mfs, sharing with the cosplay community how to fly these cool machines like the real thing without the constant complaining on how the texture is fsx or lnav is a total failure; one click to avsim and here it is again, how the 737 is simply a warmed over p3d version and how much grudge they hold against the developer for some creepy personal reasons.  it sure is a good time kill reading grown dudes without any sense of self awareness beclowning themselves, but man, this show's been running non-stop everyday now.  

i'd prefer going to the other subforum and checkout the situation on historical wx and learn why mfs is for gamers, in that case the mods are full in on the conversation and is seriously entertaining. 

Cut the "old men" word not allowed.

• Upvote 2