Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Are clouds the best ever now? I'm impressed.

So REX WeatherForce has a notable constant injection performance issue in MSFS like its prior sim versions?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

So REX WeatherForce has a notable constant injection performance issue in MSFS like its prior sim versions?

I can’t use the persistent option. And I’ve got a decent system. Without persistent there’s of course more abrupt changes. So REX gives you the cake (beautiful cloudscapes), but you don’t get to eat it…

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

43 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I wish I could get a refund for that program. It kills my FPS and will often change weather dramatically during approach. Sure, it looks good, but I can't use it with it's poor performance and I have a high-end setup. 

Stop Rex before final approach so another weather load doesn't happen.  

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

46 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Stop Rex before final approach so another weather load doesn't happen.  

That has to be one of the more immersion-breaking trade-offs I’ve heard of: making sure you’ve turned off the world’s weather as the final part of your approach checklist.

• Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

That has to be one of the more immersion-breaking trade-offs I’ve heard of: making sure you’ve turned off the world’s weather as the final part of your approach checklist.

You said it - a trade off between the poor cloud depiction in live weather and the better cloud depiction in Rex WeatherForce.    For me, that little Rex disconnect, as part of the approach checklist, is worth the previous 5 hours of very nice weather depiction. The weather doesn't change when Rex is disconnected, it stays the same for those last few miles

I completely understand anybody not wanting to do this as we all adjust stuff for our own immersion criteria. I just can't suffer Live Weathers Cumulus fest for a 5 hour flight, for the sake of a single button press a few minutes before landing.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You said it - a trade off between the poor cloud depiction in live weather and the better cloud depiction in Rex WeatherForce.    For me, that little Rex disconnect, as part of the approach checklist, is worth the previous 5 hours of very nice weather depiction. The weather doesn't change when Rex is disconnected, it stays the same for those last few miles

I completely understand anybody not wanting to do this as we all adjust stuff for our own immersion criteria. I just can't suffer Live Weathers Cumulus fest for a 5 hour flight, for the sake of a single button press a few minutes before landing.

Fair point. And it’s not like default Live weather doesn’t sometimes ruin an approach by dramatically changing the weather when you get in the metar bubble sometimes😤

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Fair point. And it’s not like default Live weather doesn’t sometimes ruin an approach by dramatically changing the weather when you get in the metar bubble sometimes😤

We have to be careful what we ask for sometimes, and not let the perfect be the enemy of the pretty good...

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

Do they have turbulences inside?

I descended through a cloud towards EINN and had some minor turbulence.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Actually I asked for turbulences within the clouds, not CAT (clean air turbulence). In X-Plane you can set CAT (and every turbulence you want) by default since 20 years, for MSFS you can get an addon 2 years after release ...

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I descended through a cloud towards EINN and had some minor turbulence.

Then, you were lucky and experienced these casual baked in turbulences. Even in thunderstorm clouds you don't get turbulences, or at best minimally rocking. Fly in X-Plane through a hevy thunderstorm and you can fall from the sky - even in airliners. Why do airliners circumfly thunderstorms in reality? See?

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

Flying in the caribbean I've definitely experienced cloud turbulence. It's gotten bad enough that I've had to request altitude increases to avoid the clouds

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

57 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Flying in the caribbean I've definitely experienced cloud turbulence. It's gotten bad enough that I've had to request altitude increases to avoid the clouds

So, how do you do it? I never experienced (dangerous) turbulences, and when I watch videos from others called like "severe thunderstorm landing", "dangerous thunderstorm", etc. at best the plane rocks a bit around like a boat in a moderate breeze.

• Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

4 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

So, how do you do it? I never experienced (dangerous) turbulences, and when I watch videos from others called like "severe thunderstorm landing", "dangerous thunderstorm", etc. at best the plane rocks a bit around like a boat in a moderate breeze.

Yeah. Severe turbulence should really be an uncontrolled aircraft. You shouldn't be maintaining altitude and you should be forced to fly slower to avoid overspending. 

I haven't encountered that in MSFS, which is a shame because we know it can do that. It does very drastic wind changes during weather refreshes which usually send me plummeting a few hundred feet.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The clouds are too limited in style, as many others mentioned already.

And the cumulus reminds me of an oil-paintings of the baroque era, like a Rubens, with those fat little pink baby angels in the sky with trumpets in their mouth.

The MSFS splashscreen with the Giraffe shows cirrus clouds like we have never seen in the sim itself. It is kind of misleading actually. Cirrus clouds, if we do get to see them at all, are always the same kind but never the feather-like example in that splashscreen. 

Maybe one day ?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

4 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

Speaking of t-storms--where the heck did the lightening go?  I just realized I haven't seen any for....over a year!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Speaking of t-storms--where the heck did the lightening go?  I just realized I haven't seen any for....over a year!

The lightning is on the flight instruments now. 

No really, when flying over or in clouds that should have lightning, they'll be shown on the PFD. 😆 It's actually an amazing bug because I imagine such a thing would be hard to pull off intentionally, let alone by sheer accident.

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.