Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Are clouds the best ever now? I'm impressed.

It's funny for the longest time people complained lighting was everywhere, then it disappeared completely and I've seen no comments that it did!

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 6/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, Silicus said:

There are the best in any flightsim ever, but there are only cumulus clouds represented in the sim right now or slight variations of them. 

In reality there are many more cloud types dependent on altitude.

High clouds Cirrus

Cirrostratus

Cirrocumulus

Middle clouds Altostratus

Altocumulus

Low clouds Stratus

Stratocumulus

Nimbostratus

Clouds with vertical development Cumulus

Cumulonimbus

It is just a lazy implementation of clouds at this point. MSFS/Asobo did many things right, but other things not so much....

I agree, they try to create other types of clouds from cumulus textures, in particular, cumulus nimbus, and they end up looking like towering lumps of mashed potato :biggrin:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

What about the Amazon cloud? 😂

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So originally, by my memory, we started out with clouds looking like "volcano ejecta", and then when that was ameliorated, we started talking about too much lightning, and when that was ameliorated, we started talking about brightness, and when that was ameliorated (not nearly as noticable, at least for me)

Then clouds were to low, then we needed metars or the sim was unusable, then we disliked the abrupt transitions brought on by the metars, then we started talking about cumulus clouds, and now we've proceeded to lack of wind gusts.....

Oh, and not enough lightning. And no, we won't use presets to get any of that, plus we want better ground convection, and.....

Boy, I would pretty much hate to be Asobo.

• Like 12

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

14 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

So originally, by my memory, we started out with clouds looking like "volcano ejecta", and then when that was ameliorated, we started talking about too much lightning, and when that was ameliorated, we started talking about brightness, and when that was ameliorated (not nearly as noticable, at least for me)

Then clouds were to low, then we needed metars or the sim was unusable, then we disliked the abrupt transitions brought on by the metars, then we started talking about cumulus clouds, and now we've proceeded to lack of wind gusts.....

Oh, and not enough lightning. And no, we won't use presets to get any of that, plus we want better ground convection, and.....

Boy, I would pretty much hate to be Asobo.

I get what you are trying to say but you cannot deny that all of the issues you listed above are valid points.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

19 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I get what you are trying to say but you cannot deny that all of the issues you listed above are valid points.

Of course they're valid which is why Asobo addressed them. I think the point is when you look at the attitudes of some people, you'd swear Asobo hasn't been doing the best they can.

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

On 6/24/2022 at 3:26 PM, GSalden said:

But do they test with Addons ? ....... Or ac like the Fenix or PMDG 737 ? 

x-box customers are not the primary target audience for the most complex study level serious real hard core ™ addons. 

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 minutes ago, turbomax said:

x-box customers are not the primary target audience for the most complex study level serious real hard core ™ addons. 

I meant in general, so also PC users. I even would say PC users only.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 hours ago, WestAir said:

The lightning is on the flight instruments now. 

No really, when flying over or in clouds that should have lightning, they'll be shown on the PFD. 😆 It's actually an amazing bug because I imagine such a thing would be hard to pull off intentionally, let alone by sheer accident.

I've had it happen in multiple places the cockpit. This is the first time I've seen this, after reading your post. It flashes so fast, it's hard to catch a screen shot, but I also saw it happen on the EFB and near the joystick.

unknown.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Krakin said:

Of course they're valid which is why Asobo addressed them. I think the point is when you look at the attitudes of some people, you'd swear Asobo hasn't been doing the best they can.

Guess thats just what many many people are like today. 

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Here's two pretty screenshots from the other day I took, sure if you didn't know about the underlying issues, regressions and changes in recent Sim Updates you'd say "crikey that's gorgeous the whole game must look amazeballs"....but when you know the weather *was* much better overall before the SU5 regressions and then the SU7 "hey lets pander to the VATSim crowd and screw up the METAR transitions for everyone" you (I) can't help but feel kinda cheated.

I mean I still fly about today in VR and I'm having those "Wow look at that" moments with the weather/visual a lot and I mean a lot. It's just that nagging tick in the back of my mind constantly saying "yeah...but it should be better than this". That in itself is great for the future, things *should* only get better, SU10 is therefore (for me) gonna be the first telltale sign on whether Jorg has got a grip on his team or not and whether we/they are heading in that right direction - not just with the Weather, but with everting else - some might argue that SU10 is what SU5 should've been.

Anyway enjoy, I know I did!

FS2020_20220627_195126_NIS_65_10_R.jpg?w
FS2020_20220627_195620_NIS_65_10_R.jpg?w

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

9 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Also it seems icing is pretty much gone 😅

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

12 hours ago, Noel said:

It's funny for the longest time people complained lighting was everywhere, then it disappeared completely and I've seen no comments that it did!

Since they cannot produce a realistic looking thunderstorm (CB's) in Live WX, I would prefer they just keep the lightning turned off.  I really hope they are working on improving the Live WX...a lot of the regression occurred when they tried to implement Metar's. We are 2 years into this now and I am still not sure about their priorities...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 6/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, MarcG said:

Here's two pretty screenshots from the other day I took, sure if you didn't know about the underlying issues, regressions and changes in recent Sim Updates you'd say "crikey that's gorgeous the whole game must look amazeballs"....but when you know the weather *was* much better overall before the SU5 regressions and then the SU7 "hey lets pander to the VATSim crowd and screw up the METAR transitions for everyone" you (I) can't help but feel kinda cheated.

I mean I still fly about today in VR and I'm having those "Wow look at that" moments with the weather/visual a lot and I mean a lot. It's just that nagging tick in the back of my mind constantly saying "yeah...but it should be better than this". That in itself is great for the future, things *should* only get better, SU10 is therefore (for me) gonna be the first telltale sign on whether Jorg has got a grip on his team or not and whether we/they are heading in that right direction - not just with the Weather, but with everting else - some might argue that SU10 is what SU5 should've been.

Anyway enjoy, I know I did!

Although I agree with your sentiments, I would like to know how so much rain can fall out of such a small cumulus cloud!

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Images in quoted post removed.
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Although I agree with your sentiments, I would like to know how so much rain can fall out of such a small cumulus cloud!

Magic 😄 but yes that's a bit odd isn't it, looks cool though!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)