Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane 12 Dev Deep Dive - Ep 4.5: Aircraft Systems

Lots of interesting info from Philipp Ringler:

• Like 8

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Xiiii.... The Uninstaller kicks in....

No more room for other sims after seeing this 😍

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

21 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

Your prayers are listened to! Sun and moon times will be correct in v12 😎

YESSSSSS !!!!

I'm in the Moon !!!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

57 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I'm now taking bets on how long the sim lasts on @jcomm the uninstaller's desktop.... I'm starting with 5 days :cool:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I think Philipp is probably my favourite of the LR staff, it really seems to be his attention to detail and real world experience that contributes so significantly to setting XP apart from the competition. (I'm one of his few hundred YT subscribers..)

So happy to see him sharing that more publically. Hooo Raa.

He's also a pleasure to listen to once he gets going.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

I'm now taking bets on how long the sim lasts on @jcomm the uninstaller's desktop.... I'm starting with 5 days :cool:

10 days ! being a new sim !

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

10 days ! being a new sim !

😜

Main Simulation Rig:

Now this is what makes me like Xplane. These type of small detail things that going into sim. Things that make it so worth while getting the experience of like flying the a real aircraft. Compass drifts and oil pressure effect when starting the props, temperatures effects on the altitudes. It makes you pay a little more attention to those fine prints on those navaid charts that now gives reason and purpose instead of just being for a desktop sim that can be ignore. 

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

Now this is what makes me like Xplane. These type of small detail things that going into sim. Things that make it so worth while getting the experience of like flying the a real aircraft. Compass drifts and oil pressure effect when starting the props, temperatures effects on the altitudes. It makes you pay a little more attention to those fine prints on those navaid charts that now gives reason and purpose instead of just being for a desktop sim that can be ignore. 

Indeed!! Coming from the competitor, that's what impresses me with X-Plane. The view from an airplane/pilots view instead of a "sightseing" view.

For those who haven't seen the whole video - only one of the various items Philip mentioned from his real life flying experience (BTW, four or even more of the LR employees are RL pilots and partly flight instructors and/or aerospace engineer) and implemented into X-Plane is the oil pressure drop when adjusting the prop.

I found another interesting little gem, namely the so called "aviation flashlight". I assume that one of the LR team had to start a (real world) flight very early in the morning with no external light, so he had to use a flashlight and then this feature was implemented into X-Plane. Sure, it isn't war deciding 😉, but shows the passion and expertise going into X-Plane - can I say "from pilots for pilots"?

Edited by flying_carpet
  • Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

Words to remember when you next post on the MFS forum,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can't piggin wait for XP12........awesome stuff....love it....what a guy!!!😀👍

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Words to remember when you next post on the MFS forum,

I will never post there again jarmstro... until the next time I do...

Don't be affraid, honestly... you really shouldn't care so much about me ... I'm fine, and I still love MFS too, I love'em all 😉

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Biggest thing that came out of this, even with all the amazing work they do, " no matter what I do, people will complain and complain".

They may need a "dumb" option for the temperature relate ALT comp, can see al the complaints, "its broken" alt not correct, or the mag compensation. Forums will be busy.