Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

ButtKicker Gamer 2

I watched a couple of videos and am tempted to buy, as anything that adds a little more immersion is good!  Would appreciate the thoughts of anybody using the ButtKicker Gamer 2 with MSFS.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I have been using a Buttkicker with MSFS since the sim was released. It works sensationally in the sim, and really adds much immersion, so much so that when I forget to turn it on (which is rare) I immediately know that something is missing. You feel the engines spooling up in jet aircraft, feel the rumble of the props as they spin up, feel the landing gear coming up and down, feel the lowering of speed brakes and spoilers, feel the touchdown on the runway. What's more, you can easily increase or decrease these effects on the fly. It is one awesome piece of kit. You will not regret it. Oh, forgot to mention, another cool effect you feel is the seems in the concrete / asphalt as you taxi to your runway of choice, as well as the rumbles as you increase your takeoff roll down the runway. 

Edited by sniper31
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

For years I am using the Buttkicker Gamer 2 and it is as sniper31 described.

You won’t regret it.

One thing as a caution : the main device can get warm very fast and then stops working (built in overheat protection ), so don’t set it to max ….

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have one and also recommend it. 

I have 4 bass transducers screwed to my chair, one of them right behind my lower back, and I run them off a cheap 7.1 soundcard and a couple of 50W amps. I use them for sim racing and it adds a ton of immersion, a whole lot more than I thought it would from watching a few videos/reviews. I haven't yet set them up for MSFS but that's one of the next things on my ToDo list.

What software is recommended for running a Buttkicker or your own transducers in MSFS? The only one I've found so far is SimShaker for Aviators, but I haven't tried it yet.

33 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

I have 4 bass transducers screwed to my chair, one of them right behind my lower back, and I run them off a cheap 7.1 soundcard and a couple of 50W amps. I use them for sim racing and it adds a ton of immersion, a whole lot more than I thought it would from watching a few videos/reviews. I haven't yet set them up for MSFS but that's one of the next things on my ToDo list.

What software is recommended for running a Buttkicker or your own transducers in MSFS? The only one I've found so far is SimShaker for Aviators, but I haven't tried it yet.

FSRealistic does almost the same job.

I have Buttkicker Home  which is more powerful (does not get warm easily) than BK Gamer2 and enjoy it a lot.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Same here, really like it, without it, my 2D computer screen, really seems "2D", Go figure.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

FSRealistic does almost the same job.

How do you get it working with fs realistic? I use sim shakers aviator at the moment. 

I got 3 hooked up to my setup and use OPUS for MSFS which has buttkicker support. I use the Buttkicker 2 on the chair and two transducers mounted under the desk. With the software you can add canned effects like rumble,gear,flaps,turbulence, takeoff and landing effects.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/OpusMSFS_ButtKicker.pdf

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)
  • Like 3

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

45 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How do you get it working with fs realistic? I use sim shakers aviator at the moment. 

FS Realistic generates suitable sounds for BK and I use additional cheap 5.1 USB soundcard for BK. Therefore, I use Voicemeeter Banana (free app) to split the sounds and direct MSFS sounds also to BK.

Hope this helps ? Happy Flying...

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

27 minutes ago, kt069 said:

FS Realistic generates suitable sounds for BK and I use additional cheap 5.1 USB soundcard for BK. Therefore, I use Voicemeeter Banana (free app) to split the sounds and direct MSFS sounds also to BK.

Hope this helps ? Happy Flying...

I use an additional  sound card at the moment for my buttkicker device. So, I will need voicemeeter banana right? 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I use an additional  sound card at the moment for my buttkicker device. So, I will need voicemeeter banana right? 

Yes, only with VM Banana you will be good to go. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Yes, only with VM Banana you will be good to go. 

Brilliant. So, I assume doing it this way, it takes the sounds from the sim and passes them through to the buttkicker device? And then FSrealistic provided the flaps vibrations etc? 

is there any guide to setup this? Or is it fairly straightforward ?  

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Brilliant. So, I assume doing it this way, it takes the sounds from the sim and passes them through to the buttkicker device? And then FSrealistic provided the flaps vibrations etc? 

By this you can split the sounds with VM Banana and pass to BK. FSRealistic is adequate for vibrations.

VM Banan is not hard to understand but needs a bit adjustment. No guides or tutorials as far as I know. I learned it myself and you can easily handle it, as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The only difference from SimShakers is , you can not split MSFS sounds from FSRealistic sounds. (If this is important for you ? ) (Simshakers does this)  I wanted to mention also this before you put effort on it.

Happy Flying...

Edited by kt069