Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

ButtKicker Gamer 2

24 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Buttkickers and other transducers aren't very loud as far as adjacent rooms are concerned. They don't generate much noise through the walls. But in a room downstairs it's another matter as the vibrations easily go through the floor/ceiling if the noise insulation between floors is sparse. At least in my building it was an issue with my downstairs neighbour, and I had to put some noise insulation underneath my sim rig to dampen it somewhat.

I sim on the ground floor.  But the room above me I don't want to be too loud for if that makes sense.  BUt I'm guessing being on the ground floor is better than being above the room you don't want to disturb?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Oh, a USB soundcard, didn't know they existed!

This is what I use too seperately from my main soundcard.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

21 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I sim on the ground floor.  But the room above me I don't want to be too loud for if that makes sense.  BUt I'm guessing being on the ground floor is better than being above the room you don't want to disturb?

You should be fine with that setup. I will echo others, there really is not much noise at all, and the Buttkicker does work well with headsets. No one in my home has ever complained about mine either, and often times, they can't even tell I am using it unless they accidentally sit down in my chair while I have an active flight going on.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I'm confused at what buttkicker to even get.  See the Gamer 2.  Then on their wesite is something called the Gamer Plus.  Which one?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

35 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I'm confused at what buttkicker to even get.  See the Gamer 2.  Then on their wesite is something called the Gamer Plus.  Which one?

I bought the simulator kit few years ago. Don’t even think they sell that model anymore…?

Interesting. 

38 minutes ago, micstatic said:

The pro is bigger and is 150W the plus is 90W  I don't know but my friend that has a similar setup likes the more power. I myself get along fine with the 90W one. The price has sure gone up. You can buy the parts and make your own for half that. I would get the plus for your chair and if you want to add more put it together yourself, I can help you with that. One is nice on your butt but felling the vibrations and effects on your controllers is even better so you will most likely want more.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

7 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Opus states there should be a separate soundcard for the ButtKicker, is this a must?

I use a 7$ usb sound card for buttkicker, which the "Simshaker for Aviators" program which interprets the correct sounds and sends them to the chair (well, it was 7$ at Amazon before now) . I had the original buttkicker and it bit the dust. I got the gamer 2 right before Covid hit, I only use one transducer.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

42 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

The pro is bigger and is 150W the plus is 90W  I don't know but my friend that has a similar setup likes the more power. I myself get along fine with the 90W one. The price has sure gone up. You can buy the parts and make your own for half that. I would get the plus for your chair and if you want to add more put it together yourself, I can help you with that. One is nice on your butt but felling the vibrations and effects on your controllers is even better so you will most likely want more.

thanks.  Went with the buttkicker gamer plus as well as the SB Play 3 usb sound card.  Look forward to this!

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

thanks.  Went with the buttkicker gamer plus as well as the SB Play 3 usb sound card.  Look forward to this!

PM me when you get it if you have any Questions. Josh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

PM me when you get it if you have any Questions. Josh

Thanks bud 

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

You will enjoy the heck out of it once you have received it and got it all setup. Congrats!

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Is there any pro/cons to opus vs sim shaker?

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Is there any pro/cons to opus vs sim shaker?

I have never used sim shaker so I cant say. I believe they are similar. Here is what I would do. With one buttkicker I most likely would not use software and rely on the sim sounds with FSRealistic and use a y cable to hook up the buttkicker to the system sounds. This way you will get the personality of the plane. When using software this triggers events (are really good)that have a effect but these are the same from plane to plane. Now sim shaker might be able to combine the two but I don't know. I can do it with OPUS but I get a bad hum using it that way so the need for a separate sound card. Others can chime in here on what works best for them. Once you get it you can play around on what works for you.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

23 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I have never used sim shaker so I cant say. I believe they are similar. Here is what I would do. With one buttkicker I most likely would not use software and rely on the sim sounds with FSRealistic and use a y cable to hook up the buttkicker to the system sounds. This way you will get the personality of the plane. When using software this triggers events (are really good)that have a effect but these are the same from plane to plane. Now sim shaker might be able to combine the two but I don't know. I can do it with OPUS but I get a bad hum using it that way so the need for a separate sound card. Others can chime in here on what works best for them. Once you get it you can play around on what works for you.

Thanks.  Right now I currently have a wireless headset that I use when I fly.  It is powered by a USB dongle that then sends the wireless signal to my headset.  In the headset I have the sim sounds as well as the VATSIM sounds.  So I'm not sure how I could use a Y type setup if that makes sense?  I also ordered the USB play 3 sound card that I was intending on using only for the buttkicker.  How would you go about a system like that?  Would I be able to use FSRealistic with that kind of setup?  Thanks so much