Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

ButtKicker Gamer 2

2 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I believe you don't need a driver for this sound card. Its built in and don't use the SB control panel.

I assumed a driver was required so installed it - turns out the volume was way low in the configuration program.  I'm pulling my hair out after hours fiddling with this.  I can either have vibrations, or sounds out of my speakers,  but not both!

If I set Windows sound mixer to send sound to my speakers, no vibration are felt through Opus, even though I have set the audio device in Opus to Sound Blaster Play 3 - I hear the vibrations through my speakers!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

18 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I assumed a driver was required so installed it - turns out the volume was way low in the configuration program.  I'm pulling my hair out after hours fiddling with this.  I can either have vibrations, or sounds out of my speakers,  but not both!

If I set Windows sound mixer to send sound to my speakers, no vibration are felt through Opus, even though I have set the audio device in Opus to Sound Blaster Play 3 - I hear the vibrations through my speakers!

Do you use Team Speak we can get on there over at Digital Theme park. If you are in the states PM me your phone number and will call you. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

14 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Do you use Team Speak we can get on there over at Digital Theme park. If you are in the states PM me your phone number and will call you. Josh

I'm in the UK. Thanks for offering to help. I don't have Team Speak but I guess I can install it.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I'm in the UK. Thanks for offering to help. I don't have Team Speak but I guess I can install it.

Does the Buttkicker vibrate at all.

If I set windows to the Sound blaster it does, but no sound then through speakers

Unless I can talk to you it will be hard to figure it out.

Ist    disconnect the buttkicker and sound card.  Run flightsim and make sure you got sound.  Next open OPUS and make sure  under configuration make sure it knows where your simulator is. Next ck Enable Buttkicker support.

Close flight sim.    Plug in sound card and hook it up to the buttkicker amp. Now make sure you go back to windows sound settings and make sure your default sound device has not changed to your new sound card as windows has a habit of doing this when adding a new sound card, if so change it back to your defaults. Now reboot the system and then re ck your window sound setting to make sure there still correct and to also see the new sound card is listed.

Now start opus and then flight sim. If OPUS is detected the interface will open.  You have 3 sound option for three devises ck the first one and chose the sound card that is hooked up to the buttkicker. Then try the test audio to see if you have any vibrations and adjust for taste. If so then under profile manager you can adjust everything.     Hope this helps.   Josh

Also on the back of the buttkicker amp only hook up the black RCA plug to the top input don't hook up the red one.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

To get around the sound system bass shaker problems that dont use a program such as simhub simshakers that can set specifc sound card outputs , a simple Y splitter from the default soundcard works. One end goes to the speakers and the other to the mono amp using the supplied 3.5mm to RCA cable.

Edited by Garys

2 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Unless I can talk to you it will be hard to figure it out.

Ist    disconnect the buttkicker and sound card.  Run flightsim and make sure you got sound.  Next open OPUS and make sure  under configuration make sure it knows where your simulator is. Next ck Enable Buttkicker support.

Close flight sim.    Plug in sound card and hook it up to the buttkicker amp. Now make sure you go back to windows sound settings and make sure your default sound device has not changed to your new sound card as windows has a habit of doing this when adding a new sound card, if so change it back to your defaults. Now reboot the system and then re ck your window sound setting to make sure there still correct and to also see the new sound card is listed.

Now start opus and then flight sim. If OPUS is detected the interface will open.  You have 3 sound option for three devises ck the first one and chose the sound card that is hooked up to the buttkicker. Then try the test audio to see if you have any vibrations and adjust for taste. If so then under profile manager you can adjust everything.     Hope this helps.   Josh

Also on the back of the buttkicker amp only hook up the black RCA plug to the top input don't hook up the red one.

I did exactly as you described, but I can hear MSFS or feel the vibrations.  I have also just experimented with that Voicemeeter banana program too.  when in MSFS I can hear sound effects.  I can open Opus, test sound and feel vibrations, but no vibrations when I switch back to MSFS.

I use a Steel series Gamedac that connects to the PC by USB as my main sound device. That has a connection for the headset plus a connection out to a subwoofer/speakers - I wonder if this is causing the problem?  If I use the Y splitter on the 3.5mm output of the GameDac I still do not get vibrations!

I am lost and frustrated after 8 hours trying to sort this!

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

If I set windows to the Sound blaster it does, but no sound then through speakers

Use voicemeeter banana and just set A1 as your soundcard device and A2 as your normal speakers. Then you’ll have vibrations and sound…

Or, get sim shakers aviators sound addon and just set it as your soundcard device, the one with buttkicker attached. 

Either way will work. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Or, get sim shakers aviators sound addon

I tried this but I can't purchase the sound addon required - is this because the developer is in Russia?

In VoiceMeeter I had the main sound on A1 and the SoundBlaster Play 3 on A2 - just switching them around makes the difference?

At this point I would abandon  The new sound card and OPUS and just hook up the buttkicker by Y it off your speakers, just to get it working for now.

4 hours ago, Garys said:

To get around the sound system bass shaker problems that dont use a program such as simhub simshakers that can set specifc sound card outputs , a simple Y splitter from the default soundcard works. One end goes to the speakers and the other to the mono amp using the supplied 3.5mm to RCA cable.

this is how I used buttkicker (original) before I learned you could split with another sound card [USB}.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

Is there a wireless version of this yet?  

The one I have has a wired remote control (not wireless)Meaning you can control power and intensity (after your initial adjustments) without having the unit placed within you reach. Using just the "y" splitter does not allow you to adjust the base and highs without effecting the sound coming out of main speakers. Thus a cheap USB soundcard helps in that regard.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

8 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I tried this but I can't purchase the sound addon required - is this because the developer is in Russia?

https://simshaker.com/news/all/

Edited by gboz

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.