Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Incredible experience!

Hello fellow simmers,I just wanted to share my full flight sim experience I had a few days ago. On my 30th birthday I got an 1 hour session in a B737-300 simulator at the Lufthansa Flight Training Center in Berlin, Schoenefeld. I was so excited I couldn

Guest ps76

HiI will definitely take an opportunity to do this one day if it's available for not too much money. I know about the small cockpit too! - this summer I had my first flight as a passenger in a real Cessna 150 and was amazed the yoke/radios/instruments looked so small. It was like my Fs2004 monitor had been shrunk or something!P.

Hi Hagen,I really enjoyed your excellent post. I've done the B757-757 and N733 level D sims here at UA in Denver. If you're like me, you most probably did the worst thing that you could do and went home and fired up that same aircraft in FS9 :)I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I too would recommend doing this to anyone who is really into aviation, and FS9 makes for an excellent preperation tool- just not a good follow up experience for a few days :)Brue.

Guest jjai

Hi Hagen,Your experience sounds quite mindblowing! I have a freind who has been to two or three flight simulators in the UK, but the one he likes best is the 727 down in Bournemouth.I am booking time on the new 747-400 simulator in Gatwick soon(at least six months away-the cost is horrific!) and using my PMDG 747 software for about 20 hours a week but there is so much to practice and take in, even with buying 'real-world' pilot manuals to get the procedures as correct as possible. The question I want to ask is, Can you tell the Sim pilots what you would like to do, ie-failures etc and do they give you any feedback once you've finished your time in the simulator?I can't wait till I get to go on a sim, even though you are not the first person to say how addictive it can get! Congratulations on your great experience.James.

Hi Hagen,Yes, I felt like I was just sitting at a computer at home right after the sim ride, but luckily such things don't last and I was able to re-immerse myself at home shortly after :). I do recall the classic B733 being elevated to great heights in my FS aircraft hanger after the level d ride that I had in that same model, all the B744/777's couldn't touch it for ages.I had less than an hour in my 733 experience, and with my real life CFII who had never seen the inside of a jet transport before. I found that I kept over-correcting on visual landings until I got a feel for the mass that is so well modelled. We had a ball.The 75 experience was a minimal hands-on (few minutes), but a chance to observe (and feel) a real ATP checkout in recurrent training. Very stressful for the pilot when some of the real bad stuff was thrown at him (one engine out with a cross-wind and assymetric flaps).Thanks once again for your post, it was really enjoyable. Bruce.