Sign in to follow this  
ark

Cessna 414AW Chancellor Updated

I wish the developer had an updater program.  They release a new version once a week, which is great but the uninstall/install process is a bit annoying.  I have resorted to not updating until right before I fly.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

13 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I wish the developer had an updater program.  They release a new version once a week, which is great but the uninstall/install process is a bit annoying.  I have resorted to not updating until right before I fly.

I'd rather have several updates per month than having to wait a year for even one. Although the uninstall is a bit of a pain, it's certainly worth the effort. It's nice having a developer constantly taking his/her product (that has already outshone most GA's in the sim) and raising the bar to making it better.  

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

but the uninstall/install process is a bit annoying.

Can't say I understand the concern here. The installer you download BOTH uninstalls your old version and then installs the new ver -- all automatically. Seems pretty convenient to me, especially since most of the updates require changes to multiple files.

What is it you would prefer wrt updating?

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ark said:

The installer you download BOTH uninstalls your old version and then installs the new ver -- all automatically.

Dear Lord - one of those RTFM moments (or the website, in this case). Thanks for that!

Mario Di Lauro

Help with finding demonstrated x-wind component for this airplane, please.

There is no mentioning in limitations or any documentation.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

There's yet another update. This one has an updated manual. Perhaps it has a limitations section?

I haven't read it...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

It's a shame all those nice updates won't be of much use to me, as 2.1.1. is the last flyable version for me. After that, 2.2:

UPDATES:

1. Flight dynamics updated for control surface effectivness. [sic]

broke it for me. The FSW 414 hand-flew wonderfully, and sounded just as good after 1.9. But since that update it feels like a paper plane to me. Way too sensitive and virtually untrimable.

On 6/23/2022 at 7:52 AM, LRBS said:

Help with finding demonstrated x-wind component for this airplane, please.

There is no mentioning in limitations or any documentation.

As per POH for the factory 414A (non-RAM) it's 19 knots.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090