Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Piett

Seeking a retro GA with autopilot

All Ercoupe, all of the time, on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNL5dulmADEbPpb0OXiQr2Q/videos

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I really enjoy the BRSim Bonanza H35.   Fits your bill perfectly - steam gauges but also has the KAP140 autopilot, that we have an excellent realism mod for.

Not sure if Simmarket links are allowed but it's easy to find there.

Not the absolutely best model and texture-wise but flies really nicely!

Edited by JYW
Darn typos, for when caffeine types faster than my fingers!
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Would add my vote in for the Milviz C310 as long as you're ok with a twin engine. Really good flight model/dynamics.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Milviz C 310 is the best GA aircraft in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Still looking at the 140 as it seems quite unique. It comes with floats and bush wheels - that's a plus. But I've been reading that some people have issue with loss of electricity - battering going dead after a while. I think that was just after release about a year ago - they should have issued a patch to fix that issue by now?

The 310 looks amazing, but I'm not really looking for another twin right now 🙂

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

If twins can make the cut, then you should have a look at the Cessna 414 Chancellor from Flysimware. Now that is retro and old school 👌🏻 with a lot of character!

EDIT: your post above just beat me 😉

Edited by SuperKaro2014
  • Like 2

You raise a very good point though @Cpt_Piett (that links with my recent thread about the G1000 NXi in addon aircraft) :-

We don't have enough high quality, addon GA single aircraft!   We have lots of LSAs (with the meh G3X), loads of vintage aircraft, and tons of military.   But we don't yet have enough options for high quality, addon GA singles, aside the JF PA28s (and like you, I own the Archer and Warrior and for some reason just don't enjoy them as much as I'd expect to in the sim).  We need some addon Cessna, Piper, Beechcraft, Diamond, Cirrus, Robin, Lancair, etc, etc, singles.

We have a good choice of these as default aircraft (C172, B36, DA40, SR22 etc) but I'm referring to addon aircraft with features like opening doors, config panels, more options, more systems, etc.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

11 minutes ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

If twins can make the cut, then you should have a look at the Cessna 414 Chancellor from Flysimware. Now that is retro and old school 👌🏻 with a lot of character!

EDIT: your post above just beat me 😉

I'm primarily looking for a single-engine GA, although a twin is not completely out of the question. Besides, I can afford both 🙂 Never heard of the Flysimware 414 until you mentioned it. But the Milviz 310 keeps popping up as the greatest GA since sliced bread - even de-throning the excellent Kodiak (which of course is another beast being a turboprop). 

Anyway - I've read somewhere that all twins are the same?!! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

🙂 Never heard of the Flysimware 414 until you mentioned it.

Cpt., The Flysimware Cessna 414 Chancellor was released as a “beta” and remains beta to this date, but according to the developer’s discord message from yesterday he plans on ending the beta and releasing the RTM version within a week or so. This beta was/is an open beta meaning anyone can purchase and participate. The plane has evolved into one of my favorites and I have the Milviz 310 too, but I’m more partial to the 414. 

Net:  you won’t go wrong with the 414 OR the 310. They are both top notch aircraft on par with the Realair Duke of fsx/P3d fame

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Still looking at the 140 as it seems quite unique. It comes with floats and bush wheels - that's a plus. But I've been reading that some people have issue with loss of electricity - battering going dead after a while. I think that was just after release about a year ago - they should have issued a patch to fix that issue by now?

The 310 looks amazing, but I'm not really looking for another twin right now 🙂

The c140 and the Carenado c170 both have that issue.

The problem occurs because aircraft of that vintage only have a single switch to isolate both the generator/alternator and the battery from the main power bus. A bit like how in a car you switch both at once. 

Whereas MSFS separates the two into a battery switch and an alternator/generator switch, the way a 172 or Warrior does it..

My understanding is that using a mouse to switch power on is fine, the aircraft works as expected, but if you are using something like the Honeycomb yoke that has separate alternator/generator momentary switches, depending which switches you turn on in what order you turn them on you can end up with the battery connected and no generator hence it goes flat eventually.  Apparently there is no easy solution to this, it needs an Asobo fix.

The other thing to be aware of with the AH c140 is the red zone in the fuel gauges is unusable fuel, it is not accessible in level flight. If you get into the red zone you will be out of fuel very quickly.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

2 hours ago, btacon said:

Cpt., The Flysimware Cessna 414 Chancellor was released as a “beta” and remains beta to this date, but according to the developer’s discord message from yesterday he plans on ending the beta and releasing the RTM version within a week or so. This beta was/is an open beta meaning anyone can purchase and participate. The plane has evolved into one of my favorites and I have the Milviz 310 too, but I’m more partial to the 414. 

Net:  you won’t go wrong with the 414 OR the 310. They are both top notch aircraft on par with the Realair Duke of fsx/P3d fame

-B

I am more partial too, however i find I get way more crashes to desktops in the 414. None in the 310.I hate landing the 310... never a smooth one. Its a bummer. The guages are also dim, and the trim is VERY chunky... not refined enough. But I love the maintenance and persistent states. Nothing is perfect. 

I love landing the 310 because it is easier for me than most. It resists flaring and floating and instead it sinks and drops instead. This makes it much easier for me to control and I can use a faster landing speed. The C140 and C170 are floaters and therefore more difficult to control in the landing for me. In fact I set the CG forward in the hangar before starting a flight in both of those for this reason.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

@Cpt_Piett - are you looking for a retro autopilot or just a plane with analogue gauges and an autopilot?  At any rate I highly recommend either the FSW C414 or Milviz C310.  The 310 has a bit more depth but the 414 has a bit more visuals.  The 310 can also be configured with no gps at all.  The 414 goes higher (turbocharged and pressurized) and therefore flies a bit faster at altitude - roughly 220-230 KTAS.  I fly both of those twins with the TDS GTN 750Xi - which is far from analogue hehe but it's very realistic.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A dark imp on  Cpt_Pietts left shoulder whispers, "Never mind family and finances, buy them all"!

• Like 2