Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Vapor666

Great addition to the sim but strange pricing

I am unsure of how much work goes into creating and placing birds and other dynamic objects in the sim, but does anyone else find the pricing model of 'FS Birds' and the newly released 'Traffic in Sight' a complete turnoff? Each release covers a small area and is charged separately. I fly randomly around the world and would love to encounter birds, drones etc but for the privilege, will have to spend hundreds of dollars. While I understand the birds are handcrafted and native to that part of the world, surely there must be a better way. Any developers willing to create generic birds and other non-conventional air traffic on a global scale, I have my wallet ready. Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Let me give my opinion as someone who really wanted this, looked at the images, and went for it x4 regions.  Would never recommend FS birds as I discovered the animation quality is really poor for the cost.  If I could get a refund I would.  As someone else aply put it:  "Flappy Birds".  Very fake looking.  Will probably delete the and consider it a donation to this 3PD.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

22 minutes ago, Noel said:

Let me give my opinion as someone who really wanted this, looked at the images, and went for it x4 regions.  Would never recommend FS birds as I discovered the animation quality is really poor for the cost.  If I could get a refund I would.  As someone else aply put it:  "Flappy Birds".  Very fake looking.  Will probably delete the and consider it a donation to this 3PD.

Wow, and here I was focused on the price alone. It was sort of a given that if someone is using such an aggressive pricing model, the product must be flawless...Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully something better comes along soon.

• Like 1

Well, to each their own but I was expecting better for something so small in the vast world of MSFS.  It's too mechanical, not random enough, entirely predictable, etc.  I'm hoping they release a 2nd version that improves some of this.  Their MSFS Marketplace reviews are not particularly good so they must know how they're being received.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I will wait until MS develops this for free......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I got one of the birds packs.   After flying down the coast and having the same lookin group of gulls circling every 100yds for 10 miles, and the poorly animated birds hovering like hummingbirds over the runway, I was done.   It's poorly done, and the size of the each area is crazy small.  If they do that for the whole world it would cost you an absolute fortune.

(Just looked  at SimMarket.  11 packages at 9.60 Euros each so far, just for the US/Canada/Europe.  That's right, for about the same price of some poorly done birds for NA/EU you could buy  the Fenix A320, twice! )

Their "Traffic In Sight"  actually looks like something i wouldn't mind picking up , but as it looks like they are going down exactly the same ridiculous pricing/coverage route as the birds packages It's a big fat "no thanks" from me.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

Their "Traffic In Sight"  actually looks like something i wouldn't mind picking up , but as it looks like they are going down exactly the same ridiculous pricing/coverage route as the birds packages It's a big fat "no thanks" from me.

Exactly! One could understand birds by geographic region coz of species and all, but Traffic in site has balloons and drones. Then why the regional breakdown? Appears like a blatant cash grab...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I've seen better bird animations in FSX honestly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, JacquesBrel said:

SimMarket should change their name to "The Cashgrab and Shovelware SimShack"

Given the copious amounts of reviews banging around for most products released these days, I'm kinda surprised that it's still possible to be sold a pup.

I have bought one bird package for the UK and I like it. However, would I buy more for other regions, probably not given their pricing strategy.

Part of the product development seems to involve manually placing the objects in a given area, and configuring animations for each object, in that area.   So yes, very restrictive and having seen some videos of the results / animations, I'm not even tempted.

He needs to consider a way of somehow globally applying his objects, perhaps somehow binded or yoked to a common objects that appears all over the globe.    Eg.  the objects are binded to runways at various near and far vectors and distances.    Of course I'm talking purely theoretically here, so that may not be possible.

New on Simmarket next week:-

MSFS - AIR X:   Experience highly customized and locally modified air in your simulator!

Sick of flying in air in England that feels like American air?   You need Air X*    Only EUR 24.99

*Product currently does not include Australian air - this will added as a free update in 2028.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

There is a simple solution to this....we just need the Matrix's bird program to govern the bird's behavior.....fast forward to 2:40 in the video if you want to skip the non-bird part. 🙂 (They look pretty realistic to me)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I sent the Dev my honest opinion and just got this back, so we'll see:

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. We are currently reworking all of our bird animations to be more realistic and random. We hope to release the updates soon! 

Regards 

Tyler 
Southoakco.com 

Noel

5 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

SimMarket should change their name to "The Cashgrab and Shovelware SimShack"

😅there are plenty of good products there, but yeah, shovelware certainly is a problem too...