Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Vapor666

Great addition to the sim but strange pricing

5 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

SimMarket should change their name to "The Cashgrab and Shovelware SimShack"

You should educate yourself before making these types of comments. Simmarket is not a developer, nor a retailer, they’re simply a broker that offers a platform for developers to sell their products.  In return, they take 25/30 percent of the aggregate sales price. They do not support the product, nor guarantee its functionality.  They do provide an aperture via comments section to educate potential buyers. 

Matt King

39 minutes ago, Noel said:

I sent the Dev my honest opinion and just got this back, so we'll see:

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. We are currently reworking all of our bird animations to be more realistic and random. We hope to release the updates soon! 

Regards 

Tyler 
Southoakco.com 

Well glad they're seemingly receptive. The response from their target market couldnt be clearer. Along with technical improvements, the pricing structure needs revisiting too.

Guess I’m the outlier, I’ve bought this for some of the regions I fly in most often and find it to be decent for the low cost.  It’s cool seeing some birds whizz by the cockpit (or the opposite realistically I guess) on final approach.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

You should educate yourself before making these types of comments. Simmarket is not a developer, nor a retailer, they’re simply a broker that offers a platform for developers to sell their products.  In return, they take 25/30 percent of the aggregate sales price. They do not support the product, nor guarantee its functionality.  They do provide an aperture via comments section to educate potential buyers. 

I know how SimMarket operates, thanks. My comment was a critique of the amount of trash sold on SimMarket. The amount of trash is a result of how SimMarket chooses to operate. If they at least had a big flashing neon sign above the entrance saying "CAVEAT EMPTOR" so all buyers know what they get into, then I wouldn't be so critical of SimMarket's business model.

Edited by JacquesBrel
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Cash grab.

Do you believe I should consult a shrink ? 🥴

spacer.png

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

18 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Do you believe I should consult a shrink ? 🥴

Is that a rhetorical question David or do you want an answer?😈

If you find a good one, let me know, I did the same thing. 🙂 

I find the product ok, not perfect but it does add something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

24 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

If you find a good one, let me know, I did the same thing. 🙂

I found several shrinks but they all went crazy after the second session ! 😄

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I remember seeing this awhile ago and thought, "OH only $9.48, that sounds fair, let's check it out!"....after a minute I realized that it was $9.48 for each region...ugh, no thanks. It looks like a fun idea, but to be honest, depending on what type of flying you're doing...you don't see or notice birds very much. Occasionally you'll see one cruising on a thermal when you're on final, causing you to physically move away from it in your seat lol. I guess personally I don't notice/care about birds in flight enough to spend that much money (over $100 USD for the whole world) to have it in sim. I would, however spend that much if these birds could be hit and cause damage. It'd be a rare occurrence, but it'd add another layer to think about, and cause you to heed the "Birds in vicinity of airport" warning on ATIS. But, that'd take cooperation between the devs to implement something like that, I'd imagine. As "neat" as something like this is, it's just not feature rich enough for me to justify the price. 

• Upvote 3

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

18 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

(over $100 USD for the whole world)

WELL over that.    They still have Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania to cover. There's got to be another 10 packs at least with that lot.   It's going to over $200 for the world!

I'm the last person to be judging peoples sanity, but from where I'm sitting, anyone who thinks that's reasonable has completely lost touch with reality 😄

6 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Err, what you've described is a retailer.  Almost all other FS retailers work in the same way.  It does not absolve Simmarket of applying their own discretion and quality control; in rejecting some products that are simply fanciful nothingness with a price tag.   The number of PDF "guides" for sale there - along the lines of "better AA in X-Plane!" etc is just silly.   

As for your comment on their "aperture via comments section to educate potential buyers" (what most people refer to as a review) - well, most are published, however I have posted 2 in the last few weeks that never appeared (both negative reviews); one for the "Cockspur Aeroprakt A22".    Wrote the review, submitted it, got the "Thanks for your review" comment, yet the review never appeared.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

9 hours ago, JYW said:

Err, what you've described is a retailer.  Almost all other FS retailers work in the same way.  It does not absolve Simmarket of applying their own discretion and quality control; in rejecting some products that are simply fanciful nothingness with a price tag.   The number of PDF "guides" for sale there - along the lines of "better AA in X-Plane!" etc is just silly.   

As for your comment on their "aperture via comments section to educate potential buyers" (what most people refer to as a review) - well, most are published, however I have posted 2 in the last few weeks that never appeared (both negative reviews); one for the "Cockspur Aeroprakt A22".    Wrote the review, submitted it, got the "Thanks for your review" comment, yet the review never appeared.

Err, how about google the difference between a broker and retailer?  You clearly have no education on the subject; yet, that doesn’t seem to stop you from offering baseless opinions and accusing people of ‘Money Grabs.’  A broker does not own a product/asset, they simply facilitate transactions between a buyer and seller. Conversely, a retailer actually buys/owns (in most cases) the product/assets they sell directly to the consumer. As the owner, the retailer has an obligation to ensure quality the brokers do not. The latter is simply a platform for the product owners to sell their products.  It’s up to the consumer to determine if said product is worth the price, not the middle man facilitating the transaction.  Blaming Simmarket and accusing them of grabbing cash is just silly. Think of them as realtors; I’ve never met a realtor who wouldn’t sell any house, even if it was rundown.  Again, they have no obligation to ensure the quality of the home; they just present the option to the buyer….that’s Simmarket.

Matt King

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

You clearly have no education on the subject; yet, that doesn’t seem to stop you from offering baseless opinions and accusing people of ‘Money Grabs.’

It is not a "baseless opinion" that there are plenty of sellers on SimMarket that sell low-effort, low-quality products where the price far from matches what you get. Do you fundamentally disagree with that?

You can nitpick all you want about what sort of business that SimMarket is. At the end of the day, their business model facilitates that there are customers that get burnt. Sure, the main part of the blame is on the sellers, but we are also entitled to point the finger on the webstore, especially when they are selling a type of product where the customers cannot get any refund.

Steam will refund your game purchase if you've played less than two hours. Amazon will refund your money if you return the stuff you bought from The Shenzen Supercheap Seller of Fragile Plastic Things in Guangdong. Both will refuse products/sellers that are too fishy. SimMarket will sell anything from anyone, and apparently the only way a customer can avoid getting burnt on a product is that a numer of customers before him have been burnt and have taken the time to write a product review instead of just throwing the trash in the bin and forgetting about it. It is SimMarket's own choice to operate the way they do, and it is not being "uneducated" when you are critical of that choice.

• Like 1

I eagerly await Asobo's free seasons release because they have mentioned more than once that "seasons" to them is more than just tree leaf and ground colour, it is about things like birds migrating, etc. Hopefully they will be able to add random birds around and depending on the season they will be travelling realistically South or North depending on season. Cannot wait to see what else they plan on adding to help immersion in the seasons release.

They said "if we're going to do it, we are going to do it right".

• Like 1

I'll wait on Asobo or Bijan to add such features on a worldwide scale.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2