Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

WARNING: Don't install level-D 767 if you have Track-IRv4

It will screw up everything on simconnect.dll and there is no solution to get it back working unless you reinstall FSX from scratch.You have been warnedBest RegardsYves Lefevremy specs: DELL XPS M1710 T7400 Core 2 duo2GB RAMNvidia Geforce GO 7900GTX 512 MbVista 32-bits ULTIMATE

We do not install anything special that alters SimConnect.Check FSUIPC maybe?You can always disable the LVLD.DLL in the Modules folder by taking it out or renaming it. Maybe there is a conflict somewhere.But beta testers are using TrackIR and nothing was reported.Before warning, you may want to be certain that what you post is verified... Did someone at TrackIR or Level-D say that it causes the problem?I would certainly doubt a reinstall of FSX would ever be needed. If anything, it would be something small that Level-D or TrackIR would point out or fix (if it is related to Level-D).See http://forum.naturalpoint.com/showthreaded...age=0#Post24987

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

>We do not install anything special that alters SimConnect.>>Check FSUIPC maybe?>>You can always disable the LVLD.DLL in the Modules folder by>taking it out or renaming it. Maybe there is a conflict>somewhere.>>But beta testers are using TrackIR and nothing was reported.>>Before warning, you may want to be certain that what you post>is verified... Did someone at TrackIR or Level-D say that it>causes the problem?I AM CERTAINBefore level-d install, everything works,after that TrackIr is not working anymore and the most annoying: for all aircrafts.person at level-d that confirms the prob but has no solution: D Shuttleworthso what do I do now.Reinstall everything is my only choice.Thanks for a nice sunday guys.

. . . still not necessarily a problem caused by either product. Given the technical capability of both companies, and the numbers of man-hours that go into testing their individual products - this is more likely to be a conflict caused by some file, dll or driver on your own pc. The number of pc users that have said "I AM CERTAIN it was XXX that caused this problem" must run into the millions per month. Whilst being sympathetic to your problem and the annoyance it has obviously created - unless you are an absolute computer genius with vast experience and knowledge of the MS flight sim, and with enormous expertise in the development of these two products - you are doing them both a disservice by slanging them in this way. You'll find honey is much better than vinegar when you want people to be sympathetic to your problems.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

TrackIR works just fine with LDS 767 in FSX for me.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>TrackIR works just fine with LDS 767 in FSX for me.>>Garyyou are on win xp not vista.LDS-767 is advertised as being vista compatible. So I expect that everything should work as advertised and unfortunately it is not the case.TrackIR 4 works prefectly on vista with all my add-ons.I install LDS-767==> TrackIr4 not working.Make your own conclusionRegardsYves Lefevre

Daryl not knowing a solution does not mean "It is 100% because of Level-D, and I do not know a solution except for installing FSX again".I created the Setup program for the 767, and I know that we do not alter SimConnect. If it is anything, it is likely something minor that is easily remedied.And I am sure from all the sales over the last 4 days we would have heard more had it been a widespread issue. Yours is the only report we had!Maybe it is related to the occasional Panel Init issue that Daryl mentioned, but maybe not. But all you should have to do is disable the LVLD.DLL, not reinstall FSX.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

>>TrackIR works just fine with LDS 767 in FSX for me.>>>>Gary>>you are on win xp not vista.LDS-767 is advertised as being>vista compatible. So I expect that everything should work as>advertised and unfortunately it is not the case.>>TrackIR 4 works prefectly on vista with all my add-ons.I>install LDS-767==> TrackIr4 not working.Make your own>conclusion>>Regards>Yves Lefevre>It works for me with vista. TrackIR 4 works prefectly on vista with all my add-ons.I install LDS-767==> TrackIr4 is still working.Make your own conclusion....

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Hi Yves,Does your simconnect XML file include both local and global statements?

Guest triangle

As above, you many need both local and global statements in your simconnect.xml so that TrackIR can find the localhost. Here is my config (change the IP address in the global section to that of your FSX machine):<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

645004096FalseFalseIPv4local
645004096FalseAndrew

Since Yves felt he must misrepresent what I wrote to him in the forum and in private, I will step in and say:I told Yves that we did not see any issues with TRACK IR in the beta testing and that PERHAPS his issue might be connected to some of the simconnect issues we were seeing.We would help him anyway we could.This did not seem to make Yves happy. He wanted a solution immediately.I suggested he contact Flight1 to request a refund.http://www.members.shaw.ca/shuttleworth/ds2.gif

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

I say good work Level-D, and as ever Daryl well done for your efforts to help users with their issues, even if in some cases that help is not well-received.

Guest thx1137

I don't have a problem with my TrackIR and I believe several others on the forums say they have no problems so this warning is over the top because it implies everyone will have the problem and it isn't yet confirmed that it is even a Level-D problem.

Guest allcott

Wulfgar has a a history of having problems with software that aren't shared by anyone else. Until a month agao he was still using Win XP. Now he's using Vista and suddenly he's an expert on what is causing his probelms? I dont think so.Yves solve your OS problems with your rig before you start laying blame at other peoples doors. And mis-representing an e-mail in a report to your fellow simmers to create a climate of fear is a scummy thing to do, IMNSHO. Not only that but what you said - or more importantly, how you chose to say it - is potentially libellous. Oh Boy! do you need to say sorry!Allcott

Guest abaragones

I Just wanted to say the same as Vincent for anyone else that might want this airplane but read this message:LEVEL D and Track IR works PERFECT in VISTA!!!! I've been flying since Thursday with both programs and NO problems.....