Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

First A2A Comanche preview

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/06/22/heres-the-first-image-of-a2as-comanche-250-in-microsoft-flight-simulator/
https://fselite.net/content/first-a2a-simulations-comanche-preview-in-msfs/

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73618
"Scott has posted several updates here on the forum and (before the PC Pilot interview) just last week I posted a status update on Comanche progress.
We want the Comanche to set THE standard for add on aircraft in FS2020. We're working on something entirely new before we release the plane.
I'll repeat again here what I posted last week. I'll be getting the flight model to test shortly and Scott and I along with the team will be tweaking it to get it just right for you ... The Comanche is coming soon !"
Dudley Henriques
"

Scott Gentile on accu-sim: "At any point in time, running or not, that Comanche 250 is my responsibility. It’s persistent and there is no pause button. It ages differently based on when it’s being used, how it’s being used, and, the worst thing you can do to an aircraft, if it’s not being used at all. We incorporate this entire experience into our own technology we call “Accu-Sim”. This means any aircraft we design with Accu-Sim is created through a process that ultimately makes a machine come to life inside a personal computer

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 14

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

A2A coming out with an airplane for MSFS, adds to the excitement of MSFS.  I think most of the major 3rd party airplane developers have already come out with a product for MSFS, or are currently in progress of making a product for MSFS.  There are a few major 3rd party devs that haven't announced a product for MSFS, but you can count them on one hand, and most of the well known 3rd party devs have made, or are already making a product for MSFS (ie. PMDG, Just Flight, Milviz, Leonardo, iniBuilds, FSLabs, A2A, TDFi, Aerosoft, Carenado, etc).

It will be interesting when A2A brings their other line of planes to MSFS, after the Comanche.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

16 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

A2A coming out with an airplane for MSFS, adds to the excitement of MSFS.  I think most of the major 3rd party airplane developers have already come out with a product for MSFS, or are currently in progress of making a product for MSFS.  There are a few major 3rd party devs that haven't announced a product for MSFS, but you can count them on one hand, and most of the well known 3rd party devs have made, or are already making a product for MSFS (ie. PMDG, Just Flight, Milviz, Leonardo, iniBuilds, FSLabs, A2A, etc).

It will be interesting when A2A brings their other line of planes to MSFS, after the Comanche.

Yup! Sounds like A2A is starting to ramp up the publicity and revealing more about their offering(s) for MSFS as they alluded to earlier. Really looking forward to how they've implemented and realized their accu-sim technology in MSFS! 

This along with Milviz's and SWS's offerings will beef up the GA collection considerably in MSFS. Great future for high quality aircrafts ecosystem in MSFS, especially as MS/Asobo also licenses/pays for some of them to be included as part of the base sim.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

I'm happy A2A is finally arriving.  I'd also like to see that aerostar (and yes I'm aware of what happened).  We have too many piston singles at the moment though!

And yes of course I'll be buying this one.  Just hoping for more interesting aircraft...

• Like 7

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

When A2A releases this aircraft, I will gobble it up. Loved their P3D Comanche, and I have owned pretty much every Accu-Sim aircraft they have released in the past. It has been a long, slow wait, but hopefully soon. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Like it, love it, gotta have it 🙂

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Great news, I've been waiting almost two years for A2A Comanche 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

50 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

We have too many piston singles at the moment though

but not so many really good ones...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Artur 

1 minute ago, Beardyman said:

but not so many really good ones...

If you think about real depth modeling with tear and wear  and etc then we only have so far (GA) Boeing 247D, Cessna 310, and Sting S4.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

If you think about real depth modeling with tear and wear  and etc then we only have so far (GA) Boeing 247D, Cessna 310, and Sting S4.

hence my comment 🙂

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

Just now, Beardyman said:

thus my comment 🙂

Ops I meant to reply to Ryan! Sorry! 

I wish A2A start their MSFS journey with Spitfire..., just me probably

• Like 1

Artur 

Some more interesting bits from A2A on their forums:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73618

"Scott has posted several updates here on the forum and (before the PC Pilot interview) just last week I posted a status update on Comanche progress.
We want the Comanche to set THE standard for add on aircraft in FS2020. We're working on something entirely new before we release the plane.
I'll repeat again here what I posted last week. I'll be getting the flight model to test shortly and Scott and I along with the team will be tweaking it to get it just right for you ... The Comanche is coming soon !
Dudley Henriques
"

And some interesting discussion on this thread: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72920&start=390, (aside: I see here a certain 3rd party dev CEO is at it with his usual comical attempts to bash MSFS 🙂 )

"It wasn't meant to be a teaser, just a fact. When the time is right Scott will be the one to announce what we are doing. All I can tell you is that I talked with Scott today and he is VERY excited about what's happening. It's going to take a bit of time to get it done so hang in.
Dudley Henriques
"

"Well..........the other side of this equation completely describes how we here at A2A feel and interact with each other when we are constructing, improving, and testing Accusim for one of our planes. If it doesn't "feel" and "act" like the real airplane we get REAL SERIOUS about correcting it so that whatever it is that doesn't feel right to us gets our attention.............like RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! We sure don't want ANY customer of ours, especially pilots, getting into an Accusim aircraft in whatever sim they happen to prefer, go flying, and come away thinking, "Boy.......that A2A Accusim aircraft isn't anything like the real thing............but that's ok.........I'm enjoying it in whatever platform I prefer ... Just musing here folks.
Dudley Henriques
"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len

29 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I wish A2A start their MSFS journey with Spitfire..., just me probably

I'm happy they're starting with the Comanche, it's a plane so many are familiar with that they can really show what they can deliver on MSFS while also being approachable to a new audience.

For all it's greatness as a combat aircraft a high fidelity Spitfire is not the most welcoming of planes for a less experienced sim pilot.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I'm happy they're starting with the Comanche, it's a plane so many are familiar with that they can really show what they can deliver on MSFS while also being approachable to a new audience.

For all it's greatness as a combat aircraft a high fidelity Spitfire is not the most welcoming of planes for a less experienced sim pilot.

Fair point - yet still wish to have their Spit 🙂

Artur