Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

AH DHC-1 Chipmunk release "imminent" and manual published

Airplane Heaven have announced that the release of their DHC-1 Chipmunk is "imminent" which I'm thinking means we may see it tomorrow.

To go with this they've put up a store page with a mass of screenshots and also released the manual (the full plane will also come with the real world guide).

Frankly it's AH so I don't hold out that much hope for this being great, but if there was ever a plane I was hoping they wouldn't mess up it would be this one...

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2

I hope it is good.  It was  the first plane I trained in in real life.

Harry Woodrow

Their Buy Now $oon button made me smile

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Looking forward to this release and hope that AH make a decent job of it.  I really used to enjoy flying Rick Piper's Chippy in FSX although that was freeware, it was excellent.  They have a lovely sound too.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Noticed they mentioned engine fail and carb icing in the manual but not within the features list. With AH as usual expect the worst but be positively surprised if it will be better than expected 😄

Yeah Ricks Chipmunk was a blast back then, flown it many times.

Cheers

T.

12 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Frankly it's AH so I don't hold out that much hope for this being great, but if there was ever a plane I was hoping they wouldn't mess up it would be this one...

Pretty much the same here. However, if the reviews are good ( and I mean really good ), and if their free DC-3 is really really good, then I might give AH a fourth chance and get the Chipmunk.  I wish Just Flight had done it, in-house.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I've a few hours on these from the 1980's. I was also hoping JustFlight would pick this one up and I don't have any AH products so can only go by what I read here and elsewhere. I have my fingers crossed. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

25 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I've a few hours on these from the 1980's. I was also hoping JustFlight would pick this one up and I don't have any AH products so can only go by what I read here and elsewhere. I have my fingers crossed. 

As someone who grew up in Cornwall watching Camberras, Hawks and Nimrods I approve of your nick 🙂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

As someone who grew up in Cornwall watching Camberras, Hawks and Nimrods I approve of your nick 🙂

I grew up in Cornwall with Chipmunks, Nimrods, Buccaneers and Sea Harriers flying over my house 🙂

The Chipmunk is the sound of summer to me, laying on my back in the garden, They were always buzzing around. 

• Like 4

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

My godfather flew Shackleton MR.2s from St Mawgan. And yes, I have mentioned Coventry's ground-running MR.2 to Just Flight  🙂

6 minutes ago, Paul K said:

My godfather flew Shackleton MR.2s from St Mawgan. And yes, I have mentioned Coventry's ground-running MR.2 to Just Flight  🙂

The Shackleton...I seem to recall them in service until some very late date, like 1979 or 1980.

What is the red flag w/Union Jack in your avatar pic?  I really like that flag.  Well, anything with the Union Jack on it is a neat flag.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Mace said:

The Shackleton...I seem to recall them in service until some very late date, like 1979 or 1980.

What is the red flag w/Union Jack in your avatar pic?  I really like that flag.  Well, anything with the Union Jack on it is a neat flag.

Yes, after their maritime patrol days ended, some Shackleton MR.2s were rejigged as AEW aircraft as a stop-gap measure until the RAF took delivery of the Boeing E-3D AWACS.

The flag is the Red Ensign, flown by U.K. registered civilian ships. I'm pleased you like it - thank you. It's also known colloquially as the Red Duster. I was an engineer officer in the Merchant Navy.

• Like 2

It's out now....I'm interested on feedback on those that have taken the plunge 

• Like 1

Just looking at the texturing, cockpit, and models included, I am tempted to get it, as we know the flight model and sounds should be decent being from Airplane heaven.

The only non-positive comments I can make based on the screenshots are that the exhaust tip seems to be transparent at the end (unless it is cut-away at an angle and I am not seeing correctly), and the custom pilots eyes are scary - psycho or what! :laugh:

Other than that, the screenshots showing the detail of the aircraft are superb.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.