Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Control lock tag

The 'Remove before engine start' pin doesn't stay removed. I remove it before engine start but it re-inserts itself the second you advance the throttle. Pull the throttles back, click in the tag and it disappears. Touch the throttles and controls get locked again. This has no effect on controllability but it looks silly at 4000ft doing barrel rolls.

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

The 'Remove before engine start' pin doesn't stay removed. I remove it before engine start but it re-inserts itself the second you advance the throttle. Pull the throttles back, click in the tag and it disappears. Touch the throttles and controls get locked again. This has no effect on controllability but it looks silly at 4000ft doing barrel rolls.

I also find that it shows opposite to the indicator on the tablet... have uninstalled 2.4.1 and gone back to 2.2.

Bert

Strange,

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I also find that it shows opposite to the indicator on the tablet... have uninstalled 2.4.1 and gone back to 2.2.

Strange, I don't have any issues with the Yoke lock whether I turn it on and off from the cabin only, the EFB only, or a mix of the two, or move the throttles (I'm using the TDS GTN750 livery). The yoke lock issues should all be fixed in the latest hotfix version 2.4.1. Note to reinstall the yoke lock (a/c must not be moving) without the EFB, you need to click on the space between the 4 panel gauges (where the 3 screws are) located just above the mag switches.

Could there be a conflict with an addon of some type, or maybe try a reinstall?

Al

Edited by ark

Installed 2.4.1 Nothing changed. Except the prop disc looks a lot better! Tell him not to try to be too clever with it.

I forgot to mention the EFB isn't available. There is a huge click area on the A pillar but nothing shows. yoke lock still comes on when you move. Maybe there is something in the EFB that would be helpful

Reinstall what? Windows?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

... have uninstalled 2.4.1 and gone back to 2.2.

I'll try that.

Be right back.

Went back to 2.3.0 Still no EFB, BUT the little button that says PUSH now works. It inserts the yoke lock and the spot on the tag takes it out. Furthermore it doesn't reinsert itself on moving. So it seems the PUSH button is staying ON in 2.4

I cant go back any further to find out when the EFB disappeared. I must say I'm not a great user of EFBs so it not a huge loss to me. Get your man to take a look at Carenado for props. 😉

Just for laughs I went back to 2.4.1 Trouble is I didn't get a laugh. Something is amiss. I shall now stop using the 414 until the next 'update'.

51 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Just for laughs I went back to 2.4.1 Trouble is I didn't get a laugh. Something is amiss. I shall now stop using the 414 until the next 'update'.

Ron,

Wish I new specifically knew how to help, but I can't replicate the issue you reported. When only a relatively few users, out of literally 1000s of users,  are reporting a similar problem, I have to wonder about Community folder conflicts with a 3rd party addon of some type, or some other type of local system issue. The concern is, if that did happen to be the case, things may not likely get better with the next update. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Al

If the thing changes between 2.3.0 (or in Bert's case 2.2.0) and 2.4.0  and nothing has changed in the community folder what is left? 

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

If the thing changes between 2.3.0 (or in Bert's case 2.2.0) and 2.4.0  and nothing has changed in the community folder what is left? 

It could be that the new version of the C414 does conflict with something in the Community folder and the old ver did not. It doesn't have to be the addons that changed, the conflict could be because the C414 code changed. That doesn't mean the new C414 code is bad, or even that some addon code is bad, but rather just that they can't coexist in the Community folder.

Certainly the problem you have may not be because of a Community folder conflict. But such conflicts are not uncommon, and it is easy to check.  For example, see the recent, strange problems caused by addon liveries in the Community folder here

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/620686-cessna-414-with-pink-engines/

It is easy to empty the Community folder of addons to check for a conflicts. Simply rename the folder to back it up, and then create a new Community folder and just move the C414 into it (copy and paste). Then restart the sim. If the problem(s) persist, you at least know there are no conflicts, if the problem(s) is resolved, then you need to find which addon(s) are causing the conflict. An efficient way to do this is described in the link above if you have a lot of addons. BTW, the Add-on Linker provides another easy way to empty the Community folder if you use that app.

Al

Edited by ark

And that add-on IS the TDSnxi C414 which appears to not be needed! Would have been nice to have mentioned it. Disabling said add-on and the yoke lock works...So far.

Still not able to access the EFB. Has the click spot been changed? Oh, and how do you get rid of the zombies in the back? Creepy! Don't tell me, in the EFB. 😁

v2.3.1 Hotfix

2. Some customers had missing engine textures for the GTN750 panel and is now fixed.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

And that add-on IS the TDSnxi C414 which appears to not be needed! Would have been nice to have mentioned it. Disabling said add-on and the yoke lock works...So far.

Sorry -- not sure what you mean here. If you are using the PMS50 GTN750, then yes, you need to turn off the TDS GTN750Xi which loads automatically when the sim loads. If you are using the GNS530, or the TDS GTNXi, no other GPS needs to be explicitly turned off. And for whatever GPS you are using, make sure you have the latest update.  The latest ver of the TDS GPS is 1.0.1.8. And the PMS50 GTN was updated in the last day or so, ver 2.1.39.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Still not able to access the EFB. Has the click spot been changed? Oh, and how do you get rid of the zombies in the back? Creepy! Don't tell me, in the EFB. 😁

The click spot for the displaying the EFB is on the little triangular window to the left of the pilot (upper part of the window, although depending on your viewing angle you may actually need to click on the window molding near the top left side of the window).

To turn the EFB on click the button in the center of the EFB's bottom bezel. To turn if off click on the camera "dot" on the EFB's top bezel. To recharge the EFB battery (if necessary) click on the top right corner of the top bezel. 

And yes, the EFB is used to load the zombies, including the co-pilot. For the co-pilot, see the bottom right corner of the first EFB page. The other zombies are controlled from the passenger page (click on the passenger icon on the bottom of the EFB).

Good luck,

Al

Edited by ark

This comes from not talking face to face. 🙂 I use the TDS 750 and you used to have to use the add-on from TDS to get it to work with the 414. And it has been since day one of the 414. That obviously changed. Moving on.

I've been clicking away at the the A pillar. The window! Oh my God!

Right. I'm all good now. Thanks for your patience. Personally, I would have told me to shove off.

Cheers, Ron

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 9:47 AM, ark said:

Strange,

Strange, I don't have any issues with the Yoke lock whether I turn it on and off from the cabin only, the EFB only, or a mix of the two, or move the throttles (I'm using the TDS GTN750 livery). The yoke lock issues should all be fixed in the latest hotfix version 2.4.1. Note to reinstall the yoke lock (a/c must not be moving) without the EFB, you need to click on the space between the 4 panel gauges (where the 3 screws are) located just above the mag switches.

Could there be a conflict with an addon of some type, or maybe try a reinstall?

Al

Hi Al,

It may indeed have been a previous Beta 1.2 addon that I forgot to remove 😟

• Like 1

Bert

I tried all the hints above, but I still get the control lock in place, no way to remove it. I use the TDS GTN750. Any other ideas what might cause it?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider