Sign in to follow this  
madfred

AVIACDU FS2020 PMDG737 "Not Connected"

During a flight session with the PMDG737 in FS2020 I frequently see a message at the top of my tablet stating "Not Connecter, Retrying". At that same time the buttons for the CDU on the tablet still work, just the display doesn't update till 10-15 seconds later, when it catches up with what the CDU in the sim shows on the display.

So, to explain: I see the message "Not Connecter, Retrying" on the tablet, I enter for example 370 in the scratch pad on the tablet: that shows on the CDU in the sim that I typed that value, and I can R1 press the button on the tablet to enter it in the cruise altitude field.
The tablet CDU window still shows the "frozen" image from before entering anything, but the CDU in the sim shows the value 370 entered in the cruise alt field.

My though: How can the tablet show the message that it is not connected to the sim (and the screen is frozen) but the buttons still work?
If it was a connectivity issue through my network connection, then the buttons would not work either.

I also use WebFMC with the Zibo in X-PLane 11 and don't have that issue there.

Any ideas what could be the cause? I am open for suggestions

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

13 hours ago, madfred said:

During a flight session with the PMDG737 in FS2020 I frequently see a message at the top of my tablet stating "Not Connecter, Retrying". At that same time the buttons for the CDU on the tablet still work, just the display doesn't update till 10-15 seconds later, when it catches up with what the CDU in the sim shows on the display.

So, to explain: I see the message "Not Connecter, Retrying" on the tablet, I enter for example 370 in the scratch pad on the tablet: that shows on the CDU in the sim that I typed that value, and I can R1 press the button on the tablet to enter it in the cruise altitude field.
The tablet CDU window still shows the "frozen" image from before entering anything, but the CDU in the sim shows the value 370 entered in the cruise alt field.

My though: How can the tablet show the message that it is not connected to the sim (and the screen is frozen) but the buttons still work?
If it was a connectivity issue through my network connection, then the buttons would not work either.

I also use WebFMC with the Zibo in X-PLane 11 and don't have that issue there.

Any ideas what could be the cause? I am open for suggestions

I would check your network configuration, network strength and firewall / router settings 

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

On 6/23/2022 at 11:51 AM, marcom said:

I would check your network configuration, network strength and firewall / router settings 

If it was any of those the function of the buttons would also be affected, not just the display.

The tablet is no more than 3 ft from the router.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.