Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

ATC Stutters

Any good way of improving this issue?  In some heavy scenery scenarios, I get massive stutters and framerates into single figures when ATC speaks.  Fortunately, it's not so bad most of the time though still quite noticeable.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

5 hours ago, cianpars said:

I get massive stutters and framerates into single figures when ATC speaks.

Ouch.  I can't imagine why you get into single figures when ATC speaks.  A while back an app was made to limit the number of lines the ATC log would display to 4 rows and this helped.  For me, it's not the audio firing that does it per se, though the little static crackle (bad word for this) that happens at the end of an announcement, simulating the mic-off click, seems to immediately precede the hiccough.  That app, called ATC Stuttering Fix, stopped working for me some updates back, plus I never liked losing the history in the ATC log as it would only go back 4 rows and the next entry would eliminate the 4th most recent entry.  If it's that bad you can always simply go to the control drop down in flight and turn off ATC logging.  You can still hear ATC, but you should lose the associated stutter.  I do this sometime but lately it seems a bit better than in past time.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Get rid of that word not allowed default ATC. I use PF3, but there are several choices for ATC. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Get rid of that word not allowed default ATC. I use PF3, but there are several choices for ATC. 

Are you losing ATC interaction with real time online traffic when you opt out of using default ATC?  I find ATC is doing much better that in the past, I'm not keen on some of the Azure voicings they just sound too good, not realistic.  I love the fact ATC is calling out live traffic mostly spot on, as in this screenshot where they are calling traffic spot on to hold short, line up and wait, go around and so forth.  It continues to improve substantially but I hope some day the voicings improve and start sound a little more like actual ATC.  

spacer.png

• Like 2

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

53 minutes ago, Noel said:

Ouch.  I can't imagine why you get into single figures when ATC speaks.  A while back an app was made to limit the number of lines the ATC log would display to 4 rows and this helped.  For me, it's not the audio firing that does it per se, though the little static crackle (bad word for this) that happens at the end of an announcement, simulating the mic-off click, seems to immediately precede the hiccough.  That app, called ATC Stuttering Fix, stopped working for me some updates back, plus I never liked losing the history in the ATC log as it would only go back 4 rows and the next entry would eliminate the 4th most recent entry.  If it's that bad you can always simply go to the control drop down in flight and turn off ATC logging.  You can still hear ATC, but you should lose the associated stutter.  I do this sometime but lately it seems a bit better than in past time.

Thanks, I will give that a go Noel, anything is worth a try if it's not too complicated.

I don't really like the way ATC days "good day" and the hashtag, hashtag, hashtag calls either.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

39 minutes ago, Noel said:

Are you losing ATC interaction with real time online traffic when you opt out of using default ATC?  I find ATC is doing much better that in the past, I'm not keen on some of the Azure voicings they just sound too good, not realistic.  I love the fact ATC is calling out live traffic mostly spot on, as in this screenshot where they are calling traffic spot on to hold short, line up and wait, go around and so forth.  It continues to improve substantially but I hope some day the voicings improve and start sound a little more like actual ATC.  

spacer.png

To be honest, I tried Default ATC for about an hour when I first got MSFS, and then installed PF3 which I had used in P3D for a couple of years, and stayed with it. PF3 will tell you to hold short when there is incoming traffic . 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

To be honest, I tried Default ATC for about an hour when I first got MSFS, and then installed PF3 which I had used in P3D for a couple of years, and stayed with it. PF3 will tell you to hold short when there is incoming traffic . 

Keep an eye on it Bob if you can to get full integration not just hold short.  There is a lot going on now, it's getting better as well.  It's improved a lot and some of it somewhat recently as traffic is being managed better.

• Like 2

Noel

3 hours ago, Watsi said:

There's a ATC mod at flightsim.to which at least changes the wording a bit. For me - as an European - it's much more accurate. (and the 'good day' is gone)
https://flightsim.to/file/4518/european-atc-phraseology-mod

Yeah, I used that one, but there have been a few msfs updates since it was written and I'm not sure that it's kept up.

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Yeah, I used that one, but there have been a few msfs updates since it was written and I'm not sure that it's kept up.

It still works.

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

8 hours ago, cianpars said:

hashtag, hashtag, hashtag calls

Glad i am not alone, realized  this  recently too, annoying. But i just hope it will disappear as sudden as it did appear

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Deleting the 4 planeguy04 bc and vc file completely stops the stutters in that area. The water issues are not to bad with the files removed. Much better than they were initially.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

7 hours ago, DAD said:

Glad i am not alone, realized  this  recently too, annoying. But i just hope it will disappear as sudden as it did appear

Are you using Azure voices, I switched from offline voices to Azure and this problem seems to have gone away

8 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Are you using Azure voices, I switched from offline voices to Azure and this problem seems to have gone away

Unfortunately it's also with Azure. At least when a TUI plane is in your frequency (they sometimes have weird callsigns like "TUI [...]....").

FlyByWire Simulations

1 hour ago, Simple B said:

Are you using Azure voices

affirmative. to make it clear, I see ATC stutters in terms of ATC outages and not FPS reductions. FPS are just fine. When I just started a flight LOWI-EBBR in the updated PMDG737 ATC only spoke the callsigns and then stopped, only could see the transcript in the ATC window. Now enroute it got better, actually no outages anymore, ATC behaves as normal as usual

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"