Sign in to follow this  
Jarnie

Custom cockpit camera views

It's been some time since I set up custom cockpit camera views and as I had forgotten I watched a YouTube tutorial which stated the following -

Find the view required, Press CTRL + ALT + one of the numpad keys to store the view and then to use that view press ALT + the numpad key assigned.

That does not work for me.

Can someone please 'point me' to a good and accurate tutorial.

Also I thought that assigning custom camera views was set up for various aircraft types eg piston prop, jet aircraft etc. The tutorial did not mention that.

Lastly how are these setups backed up in case either a re-installation of MSFS is required OR an update corrupts them?

Thanks

John

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

You have to set these keys up by yourself.

Goto control options/keyboard/cockpit camera. Look for 'Save custom camera X'  (X being 0-9) and enter the key you want to use to save the view

Similar, set up keys for 'Load custom camera X' to recall the view

I use Crtl+Alt+Num9 to save view 9, and just num9 to recall the view

Edited by willy647

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

What I am missing is the ability to cycle through a set of views, like you have with chaseplane, so one can bind those to a 4 way hat switch and run through a couple of “up”, “down”, “left”, or “right” views.

As far as I understand, the whole camera system in msfs remains closed for 3rd party developers to improve upon, which is a shame really.

2 hours ago, willy647 said:

You have to set these keys up by yourself.

Thanks for your reply. The video tutorial I watched simply showed and stated that to set up those 'hot' keys all that is required is to set the camera view you want and then press the CTRL + ALT + a NUM KEY key such as 0 (eg CTRL + ALT + 0) and then when the ALT and 0 keys are pressed the camera will show the 'scene' set. Yet it doesn't.  Maybe CTRL + ALT + 0 is not set up to store camera view in the keyboard settings. I will have to check that out but as mentioned the video tutorial  seemed it assumed that the keyboard settings were set up for CTRL+ALT+0.= as "store camera view 1".

I do find many video tutorials assume things which is damned annoying.

John

FYI I found my problem.  Some how some of the key combinations to SAVE a camera view have been changed/corrupted AND my previous settings had disappeared. Every NUM pad number key had been set to a particular view which I set up 12 months ago. NONE of them worked any more (corrupted by an MSFS World Update I wonder as I have seen other mysterious things happen to settings during updates (someone reported that Rolling Cache changed after an update from OFF to ON).

Also some of the key combinations (for SAVE a custom view) had changed from CTRL + a NUM pad number  to  ALT + a NUM pad number.

GRRRRR!   When are Asobo going to leave settings alone in an update?

John

And I just found that another keyboard setup I created (for twin engined jet aircraft eg A320) has also been screwed up in almost the same manner. Yet the default keyboard looks to be the same as it always was. SO ANNOYING!

John

On 6/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, Jarnie said:

It's been some time since I set up custom cockpit camera views and as I had forgotten I watched a YouTube tutorial which stated the following -

Find the view required, Press CTRL + ALT + one of the numpad keys to store the view and then to use that view press ALT + the numpad key assigned.

That does not work for me.

Can someone please 'point me' to a good and accurate tutorial.

Also I thought that assigning custom camera views was set up for various aircraft types eg piston prop, jet aircraft etc. The tutorial did not mention that.

Lastly how are these setups backed up in case either a re-installation of MSFS is required OR an update corrupts them?

Thanks

John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vUZL-QG4V8&t=940s

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg