Sign in to follow this  
Aglos77

Let's talk about fun Fenix, Leonardo or PMDG

3 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

And way too much drag on descent...and way off on the pitch/power curve...

or else why would they even bother to completely re-model the engine. 

Did you ever attempt to land it with a x-wind > 10?

Heh, don't get me started... 🙂

Oh here we go again, the FSL Rep spewing his stuff. I land in crosswinds all the time, maybe you need more training. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Oh here we go again, the FSL Rep spewing his stuff. I land in crosswinds all the time, maybe you need more training. 

I agree, it seems he's immune to do whatever he can to deraill threads all the time, man am i going to have fun when the cartoonish looking Xplane 12 launches

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The Maddog and the Fenix is the most complete planes for airliners in MSFS at the moment. Milviz is the most complete in the G.A. category. 737 lovers prove it wrong in current status. 

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

well a lot of what he said has been confirmed by the developers themselves as something that needs work, and is being worked on. 

• Like 2

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Great to read through this post and hear the voices of authority on the subject .. . ie those who have flown the jet liners for years in this hobby. I believe I made the right choice on getting the Fenix as my first big jet in consideration of the automation. I will stick with the FENIX for some time in order to really know this airliner and fly it well in all scenarios.

As a post script, I took some time off from flight simulation several years back. When starting up again, I went for XP as it was the superior choice in terms of aircraft flight dynamics at the time. I don’t think the improvements in XP12 will cut it without significant scenery upgrades. I watched a couple of XP videos today and the contrast to MSFS in realism is like night and day. Now with the recent addition of 3rd party general and commercial aviation aircraft in “full immersion” (avoiding the term study level) XP does not stand a chance in the long term as a true competitive platform.

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

8 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

And way too much drag on descent...and way off on the pitch/power curve...

or else why would they even bother to completely re-model the engine. 

Did you ever attempt to land it with a x-wind > 10?

Heh, don't get me started... 🙂

What does too much drag on descent have to do with engines? Or landing in a x-wind? (Which actually works fine with the pedal disc option set to „Off“; rudder is moving well even with the nosewheel still up). We were talking about the engine model.
And why would they bother re-modelling it? Well because having an imprecise cruise fuel burn is not acceptable long-term for a study level aircraft, that‘s enough of a reason.

4 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Fenix is the most complete planes

I personally disagree. At the moment the FA320 isn't complete. At least the engine model isn't correct at time of writing. Until they implement their planned custom model I am hesitant to say the FA320 is complete. Still worth the price, it just isn't finished yet.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

13 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

I personally disagree. At the moment the FA320 isn't complete. At least the engine model isn't correct at time of writing. Until they implement their planned custom model I am hesitant to say the FA320 is complete. Still worth the price, it just isn't finished yet.

I think what he (and I) mean by „complete“ is the entire package. While the engine model may not be completely accurate yet, the product brings more to the table all in all than the other two (EFB, 180 liveries with accurate airline-specific equipment, circuit breakers, amount of failures and setting to realitically have them trigger after a mean time…).
It isn‘t finished yet, of course, but neither of the planes is( the Maddog is probably closest to being finished, unless they redo the textures)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

well a lot of what he said has been confirmed by the developers themselves as something that needs work, and is being worked on. 

Hmm. I think that’s besides the point. It’s more akin to going into a restaurant, spotting a person that really seems to enjoy his dessert, then sneeze on his cake without apologizing.

Since when did people here start caring about facts? It’s all about emotions. Perhaps 10% facts. If the discussions here were purely factual we wouldn’t have 14 page threads about what RSR had for dinner and what sort of toothpaste one prefer. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Like this guy you mean?

Start watching at about 2:08....

Maybe the both of us need more practice.... I bet we can use some advice from a senior fleet captain with 2100 hours behind him.....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

Like this guy you mean?

Start watching at about 2:08....

Maybe the both of us need more practice.... I bet we can use some advice from a senior fleet captain with 2100 hours behind him.....

Wow! Awful flight dynamics there! And this was supposed to be the best? Hopefully no-one uses the Fenix A320 for crosswind landing practice, or training!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

32 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Wow! Awful flight dynamics there! And this was supposed to be the best? Hopefully no-one uses the Fenix A320 for crosswind landing practice, or training!

Definitely, Fenix A320 is not the best option if flight modeling is all you care about, X-Plane Airbuses would likely be a better option for that purpose.

However for people like me who also value systems simulation, a more complete implementation of flight computers, practicing failures etc. Fenix is currently quite ahead of any Airbus available for X-Plane.

So I guess it is a case of pick your poison - do you want better flight modeling or better systems modeling?

• Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

No one should be using any desktop sim aircraft for any sort of crosswind landing practise or training. Even level-D sims are reported to fly different to the "real deal".

With that being said, we've acknowledged the issue and are working on investigating and fixing it 🙂

Edited by Aamir
  • Like 10

Aamir Thacker

1 hour ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Definitely, Fenix A320 is not the best option if flight modeling is all you care about, X-Plane Airbuses would likely be a better option for that purpose.

Maybe. If flight modelling is all you care about try some Airbuses in X-Plane. JarDesign do two. Or try FSX. However, for most normal mortals it isn't all they care about. Not by a long shot.

Edited by jarmstro