Sign in to follow this  
4df5

keystrokes by the plane

when you set up keystrokes for AP and Nav and HDG etc..is it by that specific plane that you are using??

Yes, but you can asign it to an other Plane or copy an build an individuell keystroke file vor another plane.

Dirk

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

X Plane could make itself great if they could code for allowing the user of any plane to swap in avionics of their choice..Like Air Manager but free and better. 

At least allow for bring in the G 1000 or Dynon sky view glass on any plane ....it couldn't be that hard to do..

Edited by 4df5

13 hours ago, 4df5 said:

X Plane could make itself great if they could code for allowing the user of any plane to swap in avionics of their choice..Like Air Manager but free and better. 

At least allow for bring in the G 1000 or Dynon sky view glass on any plane ....it couldn't be that hard to do..

I assume you will do it yourself than It isnt hard.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 12:09 AM, 4df5 said:

Why would you want a G1000 in a 747?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Not necessary/not possible... 🙄

Come on, guys. Being able to change e.g. G1000 vs. Dynon Skyview is not an outrageous thing to want. Thranda planes can basically liveswap instruments right now.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

3 hours ago, rka said:

Not necessary/not possible... 🙄

Come on, guys. Being able to change e.g. G1000 vs. Dynon Skyview is not an outrageous thing to want. Thranda planes can basically liveswap instruments right now.

Maybe so, but thats outside the scope of XPLANE. If developers choose to do it, than thats up to them.

XP might be the easiest to do out the Market, it came with 2D panel editor so you don't have to use 3rd part editor or dive into manually edit cfg file like in FSX/P3D, and it's aircraft model is also much more editable to add 3D obj for 3D cockpit (I have add KLN90 for some aircraft, it's not that hard.)

But unless someone have done these works (like define where to put the screen, what kind of engine data to show etc...), by LR or 3rdpart, it's not simply as flip a switch and boon, G1000 onboard. even FSX have this kind of thing like G1000 variate for C172/mooney, and it's ofc "hand crafted"

Edited by C2615

On 6/25/2022 at 8:56 PM, rka said:

Because they custom coded that function for their particular aircraft. It's not that trivial to implement based on some general assumptions about panel placement and layout.

Don't forget that Laminar in general has much bigger fish to fry than serving some very particular niche interest.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Upvote 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

49 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Because they custom coded that function for their particular aircraft. It's not that trivial to implement based on some general assumptions about panel placement and layout.

Don't forget that Laminar in general has much bigger fish to fry than serving some very particular niche interest.

Oh and I forgot, in flyjsim planes you can live swap FMCs. 

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉