Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

FENIX A320 Autoland - CYVR to KSEA

Very good video welcome to the Big Iron!  🙂

Thomas Derbyshire

The more you fly the Fenix, the more you will be hooked with it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As much as I really enjoy pretty much everything about the Fenix A320, I have to admit autoland is an aspect that needs fine tuning.

Even at the slightest x-wind scenarios the aircraft, already under ROLLOUT logic, veers upwind / downwind way too much for my liking and the reality.

OFC there are limitations imposed by the MFS ground physics, which will receive an update in future SUs, but even under this same limitations both the PMDG 737 and for sure the FBW A32N do a better job. 

I am sure a future update will make it more accurate...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks gents! I can’t imagine the coding involved with this a/c. I was blown away by the capabilities of EFB and the way it interfaced with so many aspects of the flight. Pure genius to this simmer experiencing the heavy stuff for the first time!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

As much as I really enjoy pretty much everything about the Fenix A320, I have to admit autoland is an aspect that needs fine tuning.

Even at the slightest x-wind scenarios the aircraft, already under ROLLOUT logic, veers upwind / downwind way too much for my liking and the reality.

OFC there are limitations imposed by the MFS ground physics, which will receive an update in future SUs, but even under this same limitations both the PMDG 737 and for sure the FBW A32N do a better job. 

I am sure a future update will make it more accurate...

I feel like the FBW is better when it comes to takeoff and landings right now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I filed this as a bug, with a video to show it. After the recent update they asked if it has been fixed by the update, which I declined. Later, they closed the ticket. I will probably open another ticket.

However, I know that they are aware of this and similar problems with flight dynamics. But as long as people urgently demand winglets and different cabin sizes, I might have to wait until the finer issues get solved.

• Like 1

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

@Doering I noticed you have a Jetline system. I do as well and I'm curious which system you got from them. I have i9-11k with a 3080 and lately I'm getting stutters on approach and last night a CTD on approach into KORD in the FBW. I used to be able to run everything mostly on ultra but I don't know whats going on anymore. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, I figured i'd ask because we're both Jetline customers. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

@Doering I noticed you have a Jetline system. I do as well and I'm curious which system you got from them. I have i9-11k with a 3080 and lately I'm getting stutters on approach and last night a CTD on approach into KORD in the FBW. I used to be able to run everything mostly on ultra but I don't know whats going on anymore. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, I figured i'd ask because we're both Jetline customers. Thanks!

They have great tech support.... Have you tried calling them to see if there is an issue with their system?  I've had 2 systems from them and have been very pleased all around with both of them.  My most current setup specs are below and I can run on Ultra / High in the Fenix into 3rd party airports and get an occasional stutter when an airport is loading but for the most part its smooth.  

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

@Zimmerbz I did reach out them when I got my computer because I had continual CTD's. They said it was because MSFS was unstable and that was pretty much it. It fell on me to do a ton of research to discover that there was a setting in the BIOS that was causing my CTD's. Once I changed that one setting, I didn't get CTD's up until now pretty much. I won't lie, that kind of turned me off from their customer service. I had to all the leg work, which, at the end of the day is fine. But their response of "MSFS is unstable and thats what it is", when it actually wasn't the problem, it was a setting in the BIOS in a system they sent to me, was upsetting. I will say, ordering and configuring my system with them was great and their staff was helpful. Just not impressed in their IT support when I needed it the most. 

Edited by Bdub22

@Zimmerbz No problem. I purchased an i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz with the RTX 2080ti in 2020. I am running all default MSFS with no addons and settings are at the highest you can go. I really crossed by fingers when loading up the FENIX as it is a performance hog from my readings. In the video at KSEA I am in the upper 20’s for frame rates. When flying in the high 30’s to above 40 fps. So I am just at the limit for smoothness. Keep in mind that I am running 3 programs in the background for screen recording and flight tracking, but I don’t think they pull significantly from the frame rates. You will see the odd slight pause in the video, but certainly not a slide show. I have been considering getting a new graphics card, but I am going to wait for the next series as I am okay for now, but on the border line re video smoothness. I hope I don’t have to dial back my settings till I upgrade. Hope your CTD is temporary. I am sure Greg at Jetline Systems will help fix or have a work around for your computer.

Sorry meant for @Bdub22

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K