Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 23rd, 2022 - Development Update

JUNE 23RD, 2022 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

pommes_l-Twitter-2-scaled.jpegScreenshot by pommes_l (Twitter)

As we enter the dog days of summer, there are a few housekeeping announcements we’d like to share with you today. The first is a reminder that earlier this week, we released an Xbox-only Stability Test, which you can read more about here. The goal is to gather extra telemetry from Xbox users to help us track down the root cause of memory issues. Any Xbox Series X|S user is welcome to join. This build does not contain any fixes or improvements, just added telemetry logging.

In addition, our next Dev Stream will be in August, as summer travel has arrived! We plan to update you further on the time and content of that Dev Stream as we get closer to the date.

Lastly, join us next Wednesday, June 29th at 1900Z, as we host the kick-off of our MSFS Reno Race Series: Presented by Tobii. More information on that stream can be found here, and we hope to see you there as we will be giving away Reno Expansion packs and a Tobii Eyetracker 5!

MSFS Team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version of the most recent Development Roadmap.

Slide1.png

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

For the latest Feedback Snapshot, check out June 9th’s Development update! We have pushed this week’s Feedback Snapshot to next Thursday. We apologize for the delay.

SDK UPDATE

• Roadmap:
    • Sim Update 10:
      • Terrain & Weather Radar Drawing APIs
      • NavData API
      • Aircraft Editor V2
      • Game rendered in a window in the DevMode
  • DevMode:
    • The console is now dockable in DevMode, and can be made opaque/transparent just like any other window.
    • Scenery Editor:
      • We fixed the TIN color correction that was not correctly applied during editing.
      • We fixed an issue with third parties’ airports without runways.

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 06/18, we have now approved 251 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 153 (+2) have released 1,198 products on PC (+22) and 908 on Xbox (+19).
  • In total, 2,232 products (+25) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 575 products (+3) from 3rd party developers are in production (304 announced, 271 unannounced). In total, over 2,807 3rd party products (+28) have either been released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 1,560 airports (+9) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 1,328 airports (+9) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 776 airports (+9) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 121 airports (+1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 111 airports (-3) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 398 aircraft (+9) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 141 aircraft (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 101 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim PC marketplace.
      • 71 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim Xbox marketplace.
      • 168 aircraft (+4) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 89 aircraft (+1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 760 scenery packs (+10) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 674 scenery packs (+10) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 177 scenery packs (+4) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 15 scenery packs (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
      • 71 scenery packs (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that scenery is in production.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 89 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 89 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 26 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
      • 0 mission packs (-0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that they are in production.

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

Click here for the web-friendly version.

There are 41 new and 19 updated products in the Marketplace today. Marketplace updates generally go live on Thursdays between the release of this blog post and 5pm PT.

41 NEW PRODUCTS: 21 ON PC, 20 ON XBOX
image001-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image004-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image005-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image006-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image007-4.png

New on PC and Xbox

image008-3.png

New on PC and Xbox

image009-3.png

New on PC

image010-1.png

New on PC

image011-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image012-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image013-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image014-3.png

New on PC and Xbox

image015-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image016-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image017-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image018-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image019-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image020-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image021-3.png

New on PC and Xbox

image022-3.png

New on Xbox

image023-1-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image024-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

19 UPDATED PRODUCTS: 12 ON PC, 7 ON XBOX
image025-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image026.png

Updated on PC\

image027-2.png

Updated on PC

image028.png

Updated on PC

image029.png

Updated on PC

image030-2.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image031-2.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image032-2.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image033-2.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image022-1-1.png

Updated on PC

image034-2.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image035-2.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial! With the free release of the D77-TC Pelican to the Marketplace, we’re going to get a mass formation of these dropships all flying together during Friday’s community fly-in. While most of the Halo series takes place on other planets, onboard spaceships, or on the titular Halo rings, we will visit some Earth locations that featured in the series, including Mombasa (from Halo 2), Mount Kilimanjaro (from Halo 3) and Zanzibar (a Halo 2 multiplayer map). All are welcome to participate! Click here for event details.

Don’t miss next week’s Reno Racing stream featuring several of your favorite content creators! Event details here.

MSFS Reno Race Series, June 29th at 1900z

COMMUNITY VIDEO

YouTuber PracticallyGeek recently uploaded this stunning cinematic video showcasing a variety of planes and locations from all around the world. Check out this gorgeous video, titled ”Destinations” below!

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

You can submit your screenshot via Twitter with #MSFSchallenge or the Weekly Forum Post ! This week’s screenshot challenge: Ecosystems – Deserts

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “United Screenshots of America”. Here are this week’s runner ups:

canuck695-Forum.jpgScreenshot by canuck695 (Forum)

Msfs2000J-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by Msfs2000J (Twitter)

Gebetho-Forum-1.jpgScreenshot by Gebetho (Forum)

tsujiKa_air-Twitter-3.jpegScreenshot by tsujiKa_air (Twitter)

jienbacktory2-Twitter-2-scaled.jpegScreenshot by jienbacktory2 (Twitter)

MistyEagle3385-Forum.jpgScreenshot by MistyEagle3385 (Forum)

HeKa48-Forum.jpgScreenshot by HeKa48 (Forum)

dccp38-Forum-1.jpgScreenshot by dccp38 (Forum)

akysmile-Twitter-1.jpegScreenshot by akysmile (Twitter)

MihamaBlend-Twitter-2.jpegScreenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – June 30th, 2022

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 8

Nice to finally see the CRJ update. What a surprise. Anybody has a change log? Unable to check in MSFS as of now and also no change log yet over at the AS forum

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

🌲🌲

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wonder if they axed the BETA testing for SU10? No mention of it at all. Not so great communication. They're going on Holiday though, I know that!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Wonder if they axed the BETA testing for SU10? No mention of it at all. Not so great communication. They're going on Holiday though, I know that!

Think they're 6 weeks long now, which isn't long enough IMO. I had vowed never to download one again after past beta shenanigans, but I'm desperate for the VR toolbar to be fixed and working correctly so may bite the bullet....if they've bothered to fix it of course...

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

"We will soon begin public testing of our next major update, Sim Update 10, which is currently slated for release in August. If you would like to help the development team by testing this update and reporting any issues you encounter, please watch this space for information on how to join the public test."

”War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, and Ignorance is Strength”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, versus said:

"We will soon begin public testing of our next major update, Sim Update 10, which is currently slated for release in August. If you would like to help the development team by testing this update and reporting any issues you encounter, please watch this space for information on how to join the public test."

Was that from a previous communication?  I have re-read the text, but I can't see it in this one.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

28 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Was that from a previous communication?  I have re-read the text, but I can't see it in this one.

Yes. It was from the previous Development Update a week ago.  

A man without a smile: "Should we mention that it gets postponed since we have announced it "very soon" previously or we just play dumb and not mention it at all?"

A man with the permanent smile: "Insert someting about Reno Races... that should distract people's attention  and no one will ever notice"

Edited by versus

17 minutes ago, versus said:

Yes. It was from the previous Development Update a week ago.  

A man without a smile: "Should we mention that it gets postponed since we have announced it "very soon" previously or we just play dumb and not mention it at all?"

A man with the permanent smile: "Insert someting about Reno Races... that should distract people's attention  and no one will ever notice"

Ah!..  Another philosopher.  Cool!    Filou!  Is that you?  Has your other account been suspended again?  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

17 hours ago, DAD said:

Nice to finally see the CRJ update. What a surprise. Anybody has a change log? Unable to check in MSFS as of now and also no change log yet over at the AS forum

It can be found here in the "Version history" tab: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-aircraft/3303/aerosoft-aircraft-crj-550/700

Version 1.0.17.0 (24-06-2022):

• Fixed multiple issues with flight plan sequencing
  • Fixed multiple issues with DIR INTC and DIR TO functions
  • Fixed fuel and time predictions
  • Fixed an issue that would cause VNAV informations to disappear from MFD
  • Fixed Minimums callout when MDA is used
  • Fixed rain being visible on side panel on CRJ-1000 Iberia EC-MJP
  • Fixed radio management panel
  • Added terrain radar
  • Added APU exhaust effect
  • Added support for MSFS steering axis
  • Added CRJ-550 max passenger check on PERF INIT page
  • Changed CRJ-1000 passenger entry on PERF INIT page from "--/---" to "---/--

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

On 6/24/2022 at 5:28 PM, Tuskin38 said:

well the QA and testing branches are being updated every day on steam, so they are working on word not allowed.

https://steamdb.info/app/1250410/history/

I like being nosey and watching games updates behind the scenes, this page is particularly interesting (to me!) as you can see the exact time they release most updates:
https://steamdb.info/app/1250410/patchnotes/

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

OMG, who put that incredibly tacky Holy Mary statue into the middle of the mountains? My eyes!