Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

Update Released for PMDG 737-700 for MSFS

46 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I have to ask though...do you fly any of my paints? 🙂  If you did I was going to trigger the software hidden in all my paints to automatically erase all my paints on your drive.🤣

I didn't know you did FSL paints as well... 😉

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

18 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Haters gonna hate. PMDG is a business, they can run it the way they decide to. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

In the world of Nuno Pinto, people who have negative opinions are automatically "haters". Also, it's a genetic thing you're born with, apparently. It's just going to happen, nothing to do with the company's actions.

Also, in this dystopia, companies can do whatever they want and consumers are limited to a binary buy/don't buy choice.

Don't like the fact that Nestle is making African children starve? Fine, don't buy their baby formula then! 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

20 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I didn't know you did FSL paints as well... 😉

In fact I did paint FSL....only 19 though before we parted ways due to certain software they chose to add to their packages (and don't think the comment I made about including code in my paints deleting my liveries was said without me realizing the irony of the matter. 🙂)

Not sure they are even compatible with the latest release....but as far as I know they are still available on FSL's site.  I chose not to remove them because all that would do is penalize the community for FSL's questionable actions...some FSL'ers actually replied that they enjoyed my paints. 🙂 

smLGmC.jpg

However....you can rest assured that even my FSL paints contain ONLY the files necessary to properly display my paint in the sim. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks. I'm not even going to reply to the other posts with differing opinions because they will always think they're right and defend their opinion no matter what.  I was replying back when I trashed the text, saying that I agree that the appearance of what PMDG was doing regarding the EULA, certainly looked like a *ick move, but in my opinion, they were justified and didn't do it out of malice or they were just being "were being narcissistic control freaks".

This topic is a good example of perpetual motion as it will never be fully agreed on by both sides until at least time ends, and maybe a few weeks longer. 🙂 
I'm just not going to try anymore, not worth it.  As you mentioned, the "work I do" is a contribution to this community of more that just words and opinions (not that there is anything wrong with that), and I'm choosing to bow out and get back to that work...in fact I'm getting ready to release repaint 25 on the PMDG 737....been on a P-8 wannabe kick so have been painting them for all the countries that fly them....the RAF is out next.  This one was tough because only the RAF decided they wanted yellow markings and a shadow "RESCUE" arrow.  That took some work to get right. 🤪

s5yfMh.png

I like the Indian version the best so far:  I had to draw the ARK by hand and the Hindi text was a bear too...but in the end I think it was worth it. 🙂

3DDPPq.png

Just want to say - these paints you're doing are amazing.  

Thanks so much for all you do for our community.

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Appreciate all the 737 updates, they can't come fast enough for me since I need that 777 like yesterday lol.  Sounds like the new EFB and LNAV 2.0 are making good progress which means they get done with the 737 series on time or sooner, and therefore the 777 can still make 4Q22 hopefully! Hopefully they'll start to preview the 777 by end of summer or early fall.

@Steve Dra will you be beta-testing the 777 too?

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Took the 737 for a quick circuit. So far the trim sound seems better, more in line with what you're actually doing with the electric trim. The weird colour filter effects on the windows seems gone as well.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Just wanted everyone with home hardware to be advised to proceed with caution on this update.  Much of the functionality between certain hardware pieces and the 737 will no longer work.  This was intentional by PMDG.  They appear to be migrating to a newer SDK, but are not there yet.  So they are in between the two.  Or so it seems.  I'm skipping the update for now...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

51 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Also, in this dystopia, companies can do whatever they want and consumers are limited to a binary buy/don't buy choice.

What we are seeing is a clear and decisive victory for the sim community and the modders. Companies are simply learning - some faster some slower - that customers are a force and cannot be ignored. That is a huge win in my book. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

will you be beta-testing the 777 too?

If I can manage to stay in the good graces of PMDG, I suspect they'd invite me to the 777 beta as well.  My current NDA restricts me from saying how much I've contributed to the 737 beta test project, but every member on the beta team brings knowledge that is useful when trying to wrangle issues that only seem to pop up occasionally and only if you're working in the area that may cause them. 

So you can speculate that with my knowledge of livery painting, and working extensively with the Ops Center, I may (or may not...I'm not allow to say either way) have caught a few things in the process of testing those things.... build after build. 😉 

I'll also take this moment to say to anyone who thinks that beta testing is just a way to get free airplanes (hehe...it is, no denying that)....but its also actual, hard, meticulous, time consuming work (should you choose to take it seriously).  I certainly do take it seriously , as do all on the team.  I actually have it easy compared to the Dev team though....we find and report issues...THEY have to validate, fix them, then get us to verify they've fixed it.  When Rob says he and the team are exhausted...that is really not a virtual signal to get folks to empathize with the entire PMDG team....its an actual fact. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

What we are seeing is a clear and decisive victory for the sim community and the modders. Companies are simply learning - some faster some slower - that customers are a force and cannot be ignored. That is a huge win in my book. 

It will take some folk here some time to figure it out too. All the 'don't buy it then' comments are truly inane.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Steve, ur Poseidon painting makes me itchy to buy 737, but i said to myself - will not buy that plane for the third time...

Artur 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

RAF P-8 wannabe up on flightsim.to in a few mins

Md0434.png

And BTW,

I imagine your Country of origin is Australia or New Zealand based on your name?   Either way...my next P-8 wannabe paint is for you folks "Down Under". 😉  (if you're not from there....well, I'm painting her anyway, and I think at that point I'm done painting the P-8 for every Country that flies her.)

Stunning Steve as always, just installed and this is going to make me fly the NG for the first time in a month.

Thank you again for all your work.

Going to fly.....now 🙂👍

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Beardyman said:

Steve, ur Poseidon painting makes me itchy to buy 737, but i said to myself - will not buy that plane for the third time...

Artur, that is a commendable reason, and I'm sorry I've given you an itch you can't scratch. 🙂

However, if you should choose to wait and eventually give in, I'm planning on bringing all my "P-8" paints to the -800....which is at least closer to the actual airframe.  If you're finding yourself at that time, giving into the "itch"....none here will fault you for "caving" hehe.

She really is a marvelous plane and in MSFS, she is quite amazing.  In fact, I held the same opinion as you....to remedy it...I started on a 20 year career of painting planes, in the sole hope of getting invited to the PMDG beta test team so I would no longer have to pay for my PMDG planes.....my long term plan has WORKED! 😆   Obviously kidding of course....but I understand and respect your decision.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great , can any one remember the Honeycomb A recommended settings? (Axis)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Artur, that is a commendable reason, and I'm sorry I've given you an itch you can't scratch. 🙂

However, if you should choose to wait and eventually give in, I'm planning on bringing all my "P-8" paints to the -800....which is at least closer to the actual airframe.  If you're finding yourself at that time, giving into the "itch"....none here will fault you for "caving" hehe.

She really is a marvelous plane and in MSFS, she is quite amazing.  In fact, I held the same opinion as you....to remedy it...I started on a 20 year career of painting planes, in the sole hope of getting invited to the PMDG beta test team so I would no longer have to pay for my PMDG planes.....my long term plan has WORKED! 😆   Obviously kidding of course....but I understand and respect your decision.

So looking forward for you to transfer to the 800. That's the only reason i haven't downloaded the mil spec liveries to date. I do have one request .. ( I know you get many) but i really hope you can consider the C40B/C. I do know that there are at least two repaints floating around but if you could do this repaint some justice that would be awesome. If its not on your agenda thats ok as well. I really appreciate the work you have given to this community. I remember your name and work from FS9 days and was warmed when i came back to the forums and saw that you were still contributing to the community

https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104521/c-40bc/

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders