Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

Update Released for PMDG 737-700 for MSFS

17 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Artur, that is a commendable reason, and I'm sorry I've given you an itch you can't scratch. 🙂

However, if you should choose to wait and eventually give in, I'm planning on bringing all my "P-8" paints to the -800....which is at least closer to the actual airframe.  If you're finding yourself at that time, giving into the "itch"....none here will fault you for "caving" hehe.

She really is a marvelous plane and in MSFS, she is quite amazing.  In fact, I held the same opinion as you....to remedy it...I started on a 20 year career of painting planes, in the sole hope of getting invited to the PMDG beta test team so I would no longer have to pay for my PMDG planes.....my long term plan has WORKED! 😆   Obviously kidding of course....but I understand and respect your decision.

Sounds like a cunning plan. Gotta love a free plane.

Steve-O, would you be willing to put in a good word for me with Bobby R, see if you can get me on the 737 beta test team? Thanks mate!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Don't like the fact that Nestle is making African children starve? Fine, don't buy their baby formula then! 

I'm not sure that comping a video game with required nourishment is a rational comparison. 

In this case, absolutely consumers have a choice to either buy or not buy a PMDG product, with zero harm to themselves or anyone else (except perhaps PMDG) if they don't.

However, look at the sales response from the release of the -700.  I'm sure it will be more measured for the -600 as that's a niche model... but then I think we all know what the release of the -800 will look like. 

I'm guessing PMDG is doing OK.  😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

13 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Great , can any one remember the Honeycomb A recommended settings? (Axis)

Michael Moe

There’s a current thread on this over on the PMDG forum.

Suggestion was to leave H alpha at default settings, fwiw.

Also fwiw, my H alpha axis settings for the 737 are default.

Would love to hear from any ATPs whether they think something should be altered here.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

There’s a current thread on this over on the PMDG forum.

Suggestion was to leave H alpha at default settings, fwiw.

Also fwiw, my H alpha axis settings for the 737 are default.

Would love to hear from any ATPs whether they think something should be altered here.

Thanks but either the P3D is totally wrong which i cant believe as its my absolute best experience with the H. Alpha and the NGXU

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

7 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I'm not sure that comping a video game with required nourishment is a rational comparison. 

In this case, absolutely consumers have a choice to either buy or not buy a PMDG product, with zero harm to themselves or anyone else (except perhaps PMDG) if they don't.

However, look at the sales response from the release of the -700.  I'm sure it will be more measured for the -600 as that's a niche model... but then I think we all know what the release of the -800 will look like. 

I'm guessing PMDG is doing OK.  😉

Stearman, I have no idea why we're re-litigating this one, but OK.

1. It wasn't required nourishment, that's why Nestle was kind of evil here.

2. If I was a PMDG mod, I would absolutely ban your 737 serial number for calling PMDG's work a "video game". Steve is trying to get me a beta team spot, and possibly a mod position over there as well (I'll be the new Kyle), so if that comes through say goodbye to your virtual 737 career.

3. How is not being able to fly a 737 in the sim "zero harm"? Or, more correctly, having to fly the Bredok 737 "zero harm"? Have you flown that thing? Don't do it, you'll end up with an aneurysm.

4. I don't think anyone knows how much money PMDG made on the 737. We do know they generously invested $350,000+ in the community. With gift-giving like that, they may not have enough left over to hire an EFB dev. Or a guy who does LNAV math better than their current "genius".

5. Yeah, they're probably doing OK, as long as I and a couple of other guys here haven't hurt their feelings. Though I bet Bobby R turns up to work in the morning with a scowl on his face after reading these threads. Just don't tell him about r/flightsim, Trust me, he doesn't want to go over there. Actually - for the guys here who are linked in with PMDG and/or Bobby R if you're posting here with your alt: Bobby, you should absolutely do an AMA over on r/flightsim, Trust me it will be fun, kinda like the James Corden one.

😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oz

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Just wanted everyone with home hardware to be advised to proceed with caution on this update.  Much of the functionality between certain hardware pieces and the 737 will no longer work.  This was intentional by PMDG.  They appear to be migrating to a newer SDK, but are not there yet.  So they are in between the two.  Or so it seems.  I'm skipping the update for now...

Saw your posts over on the PMDG forum, Dave (no, I wasn't the guy who told you 'you'll just have to wait!', at least that probably wasn't me, who knows on the internet).

Are you AAO, SPAD or something else?

I've got around 150 buttons mapped with AAO which probably works but I haven't tried updating yet.

I imagine you've thought of this, but I noticed that you said "there's no way to go back". You can go back to the release version just by re-installing the downloaded file. That is, in fact, what I'm running right now, for compatibility reasons. 

It would be good if PMDG made point releases available for download, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

When I'm feeling a bit braver, I'll likely try an update and see if those 150 AAO functions do in fact still work.

Oz

25 minutes ago, Maxis said:

but i really hope you can consider the C40B/C

Thanks....there are already a few good ones out there.....

Here is a very nice one by Texturas Brasileiras....Gustavo Aguiar and F.Leal...both great painters

https://flightsim.to/file/34768/united-states-air-force-01-0015

29 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I really appreciate the work you have given to this community. I remember your name and work from FS9 days and was warmed when i came back to the forums and saw that you were still contributing to the community

Yeah, I was an actual painting machine back then.  A bad day was when a new project came out and I only released 1 maybe 2 paints a day, every day.   Now that I'm old, my skills have gotten better, the texture maps have gotten better, the sim is way better.  Wish I had the stamina I did back then.  I enjoy giving to the community, and painting keeps my mind sharp....trust me I need that given my family's medical history (my Dad succumbed to Alzheimer's)  😞 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

"The professional Team" did still not update after V.3.0.24 the 2d pop up panel so it does work from the outsideview of the plane - thats for me sutch a shame, i thinking of buying nothing anymore from this company !!

In my opinion, that's just the very last thing and that of such a team, although it would be possible, Aerosoft did it well too. I'm so disappointed with PMDG, I just don't have the words for something like that !

They not my frends anymore..

cheers 😒

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Stearman, I have no idea why we're re-litigating this one, but OK.

1. It wasn't required nourishment, that's why Nestle was kind of evil here.

2. If I was a PMDG mod, I would absolutely ban your 737 serial number for calling PMDG's work a "video game". Steve is trying to get me a beta team spot, and possibly a mod position over there as well (I'll be the new Kyle), so if that comes through say goodbye to your virtual 737 career.

3. How is not being able to fly a 737 in the sim "zero harm"? Or, more correctly, having to fly the Bredok 737 "zero harm"? Have you flown that thing? Don't do it, you'll end up with an aneurysm.

4. I don't think anyone knows how much money PMDG made on the 737. We do know they generously invested $350,000+ in the community. With gift-giving like that, they may not have enough left over to hire an EFB dev. Or a guy who does LNAV math better than their current "genius".

5. Yeah, they're probably doing OK, as long as I and a couple of other guys here haven't hurt their feelings. Though I bet Bobby R turns up to work in the morning with a scowl on his face after reading these threads. Just don't tell him about r/flightsim, Trust me, he doesn't want to go over there. Actually - for the guys here who are linked in with PMDG and/or Bobby R if you're posting here with your alt: Bobby, you should absolutely do an AMA over on r/flightsim, Trust me it will be fun, kinda like the James Corden one.

😉

I can't tell if any or all of this is satire, sarcasm, or sincerity. I think you've confused even yourself here ;).

My "virtual 737 career?"  Geez, man, I fly the real airplane for a career. This is lighthearted, consequence-less sandbox fun while staring at a computer screen... the literal definition of a video game...

Reddit.  Lol.  I think the entire world - possibly excepting the folks who seem to just live on Reddit - know better than to take anything on Reddit seriously.  They're fun to poke fun at sometimes, but that's about all the place is good for! 

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Crowley

1 minute ago, Stearmandriver said:

I can't tell if any or all of this is satire, sarcasm, or sincerity. I think you've confused even yourself here ;).

My "virtual 737 career?"  *******, man, I fly the real airplane for a career. This is lighthearted, consequence-less sandbox fun while staring at a computer screen... the literal definition of a video game...

I know who you are and what you do, Stearman. That's why I referred to your "virtual 737 career". I presume Bobby R (or me, once I get the new role over there) can't ban you from RW flying. Maybe they can, perhaps they have an extra special relationship with the FAA as well. We'll see.

As for satire, sarcasm or sincerity. <shrug> I'll leave that one for you to unpack. 🙂

I checked out MCE after our last chat, btw. word not allowed, those voices are rubbish. One of my new goals is to convince you we can do better. Am working on it!

Oz

31 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Steve-O, would you be willing to put in a good word for me with Bobby R, see if you can get me on the 737 beta test team? Thanks mate!

Uhh....my "weight" at PMDG carries about as much....weight....as a feather in a brick factory, LOL.  And in the history of "getting the golden ticket", I don't believe that direct communication stating how much a person would be a great candidate has ever been a big contributing factor in Rob's decision on who to invite to the team. 

I believe he works off his own encounters with potential members as the biggest factor, and if he happens to see that other's are talking highly about a person...not directly to him but as an observation, he may reach out and have an "interview" with them....where the person doesn't necessarily know they are being 'interviewed" for a position.  That is partly how I got invited.  It started when I met him at the Flightsim Expo at Vegas a few years back.  When I introduced myself, he said my name sounded familiar, but that was about it.  After I showed him some of "his" planes I painted, he gave me his business card and told me to get in contact with him in the future.  I can only imagine when he looked further into my past, he liked what he saw, and here I am. 🙂

If you're only kidding about me putting in a good word for you, then you got me. 🙂  But if you're serious, I'd say the 1st thing he'd probably frown on is you calling him Bobby R. 🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Uhh....my "weight" at PMDG carries about as much....weight....as a feather in a brick factory, LOL.  And in the history of "getting the golden ticket", I don't believe that direct communication stating how much a person would be a great candidate has ever been a big contributing factor in Rob's decision on who to invite to the team. 

I believe he works off his own encounters with potential members as the biggest factor, and if he happens to see that other's are talking highly about a person...not directly to him but as an observation, he may reach out and have an "interview" with them....where the person doesn't necessarily know they are being 'interviewed" for a position.  That is partly how I got invited.  It started when I met him at the Flightsim Expo at Vegas a few years back.  When I introduced myself, he said my name sounded familiar, but that was about it.  After I showed him some of "his" planes I painted, he gave me his business card and told me to get in contact with him in the future.  I can only imagine when he looked further into my past, he liked what he saw, and here I am. 🙂

If you're only kidding about me putting in a good word for you, then you got me. 🙂 

"Uhh....my "weight" at PMDG carries about as much....weight....as a feather in a brick factory, LOL."

OK, don't help me then, you little word not allowed.

"I believe he works off his own encounters with potential members as the biggest factor, and if he happens to see that other's are talking highly about a person...not directly to him but as an observation, he may reach out and have an "interview" with them....where the person doesn't necessarily know they are being 'interviewed" for a position."

Wait...OMG! I KNEW IT! You're Bobby R! You've seen that I'm good at giving PMDG feedback in these threads! Our chat tonight is my "interview"! Thank god we had our virtual handshake before. Would have hated to miss out on my beta team/PMDG mod job.

"But if you're serious, I'd say the 1st thing he'd probably frown on is you calling him Bobby R. 🙂"

It's that, Robert Randazzle, or Randangelo. I think you just need to get used to Bobby R, mate.

Call me!

(I'm probably joking here. It's 2am in Oz, I'm posting on Avsim when I really should be sleeping, or at least flying the 737. Also, I promise I'll give your Aus P-8 paint a try. If you're in an Aus mood, what about doing a retro roo? I've got a few pictures of the real one on file. Would be a banger of a paint in the sim.) 

Oz

24 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Reddit.  Lol.  I think the entire world - possibly excepting the folks who seem to just live on Reddit - know better than to take anything on Reddit seriously.  They're fun to poke fun at sometimes, but that's about all the place is good for! 

C'mon now Stearman, we've met over there - I recognised you despite the clever pseudonym. 1,347 points of karma, I know you love it over there. 🙂

Here's the James Corden AMA for those who haven't seen it. I'm imagining an RSR one would have a similar vibe over on r/flightsim right now.

Oz

Oh sure, I hang out there... that's how I'm familiar enough with the place to know better than to take it seriously.  It's just a decent way to kill time!

Andrew Crowley

2 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Oh sure, I hang out there... that's how I'm familiar enough with the place to know better than to take it seriously.  It's just a decent way to kill time!

Drew, quick question for you. What PMDG 737 failures are the most useful/fun?

I've been running rapid decompression and the various in-flight engine failure variants. Was thinking dual hydraulic failure as well, as well as engine fire (which is obvious). Any other suggestions? I saw you talking over on Reddit about running sims with an engine failure at V1. I'm wondering what other scenarios are worthwhile out of the PMDG options?

Oz