Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

Update Released for PMDG 737-700 for MSFS

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

In this case, absolutely consumers have a choice to either buy or not buy a PMDG product, with zero harm to themselves or anyone else (except perhaps PMDG) if they don't.

Again: wrong

Consumers have another choice: to make enough noise so a company changes its policy.

This is what happened here. You can sugarcoat this all you want, but the facts on this one are crystal clear. 

As for your comment on Reddit: Also wrong.

Reddit is probably one of the more important "opinion makers" in the social media landscape. Ever hear about AMA Reddit?

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Upvote 1

I’ll be right back, need to get my boots. It’s getting deep in here.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I've done the rapid decompression thing twice due to forgetting to turn the packs on. My excuse is that it was at night and I'd dimmed the lights. Also the co-pilot should have picked up on the problem.

Another one: Try setting the fuel load so that you'll have less than 750 kg in either wing tank on arrival.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

46 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Aus mood, what about doing a retro roo?

Well my paint hangar is completely full...and 2 things about the retro Roo.....First, I'm gonna stop painting real 800s on the 700....I really am pretty exhausted with all the painting (and testing) lately...I still have -600s to do, then when the -800 releases....standby. 🤣

Next, my Mate Matt Tank is an Aussie painter and does a bang up job on them, and I usually let him paint his region.   I'm pretty sure he's done at least one of the retro Roo's for P3d, and he's slowing bringing all his wonderful paints to MSFS.

However, there is a Kiwi on the beta team, and I paited this by request on the P3D version, and did it in MSFS as well, but have not released it.  Let me know if you want her and I'll send her to you.

I may eventually release her to the public, but preparing a release takes time (when you do it like I do), so the paint has served its purpose as to taking care of a friend. 😉

This happened to be my favorite NZA livery to boot. 🙂  John Tavendale (aka Tavers) lent me the ANZ text as it was almost impossible to find and I had no time to make it from scratch.

eotoz7.png

Here is the standard Qantas paint Matt has already pushed out

https://flightsim.to/file/32463/pmdg-737-700-qantas-vh-vxm-fictional

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On their announce thread, interesting extra info about some sounds improvements from their sound engineer: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/199707-24jun22-happy-friday-update-released-for-pmdg-737-700-for-msfs?p=199725#post199725

In addition to the updates that Robert posted, this update also includes a number of sound fixes, updates and improvements - here are the main changes:

- Current cockpit and custom wing view bass sound layers volumes increased

- New cockpit and custom wing view bass layer to complement the existing bass layers - overall, the bass volumes are noticeably louder than in all previous versions

- All sounds that are accessed via our custom wing views have been significantly redesigned for better audio immersion and realism - be it in front of the engines, to the side of the engines, over the wing and behind the wing - all sound layers now playback more realistically based on the selected view

- The redesign of all custom wing views also includes fixing the sounds of the engines if you choose to customise the views that we have provided via the camera.cfg - in theory, any repositioning of the views will now deliver the appropriate realistic sound behaviour relative to the modified custom view position

- Three of the five pack sound layers volumes are now proportional to engine power / duct pressure - the unique 737 characteristic of the pack sounds volumes increasing when applying small amounts of thrust from idle is now more noticeable in the cockpit and wing views

- Cockpit and wing view rattling sounds while on the ground have been redesigned - the first improvement is that the rattle sounds play more often at lower ground speeds, and secondly, the algorithms that control these sounds have been further randomised to provide a more unpredictable audio experience while taxiing and at higher ground speeds

- Numerous other small tweaks and improvements that will hopefully improve the audio experience even further!

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

@Steve Dra,

Ha, sure Steve, I'd love to give your Air New Zealand paint a fly.  I've been working on the sound files for a Kiwi crew - I can send you some to go with the paint. 🙂 

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
long quoted post with embedded image removed.
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

23 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Ha, sure Steve, I'd love to give your Air New Zealand paint a fly.  I've been working on the sound files for a Kiwi crew - I can send you some to go with the paint. 🙂 

Check you inbox....But I suspect you should get some sleep 1st. 😉   sure send the sound files if you'd like, I'll check em out.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

Just wanted everyone with home hardware to be advised to proceed with caution on this update.  Much of the functionality between certain hardware pieces and the 737 will no longer work.  This was intentional by PMDG.  They appear to be migrating to a newer SDK, but are not there yet.  So they are in between the two.  Or so it seems.  I'm skipping the update for now...

I just read this note.

And just wanted to add for what it's worth that my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo are working just the same as with the previous version of the aircraft.  No issues with either of them.

You might be referencing other hardware but just thought I'd let you know about the HA and HB from my experience.

Cheers all,

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

16 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

I just read this note.

And just wanted to add for what it's worth that my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo are working just the same as with the previous version of the aircraft.  No issues with either of them.

You might be referencing other hardware but just thought I'd let you know about the HA and HB from my experience.

Cheers all,

Jase

For me, similar results. I am running a Honeycomb Alpha and a Virtual Fly 6 axis Throttle and no issues. They are both working the same as before installing the PMDG 737 update.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

7 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Drew, quick question for you. What PMDG 737 failures are the most useful/fun?

I've been running rapid decompression and the various in-flight engine failure variants. Was thinking dual hydraulic failure as well, as well as engine fire (which is obvious). Any other suggestions? I saw you talking over on Reddit about running sims with an engine failure at V1. I'm wondering what other scenarios are worthwhile out of the PMDG options?

Hmmm, I missed your comment before about my "clever pseudonym" on Reddit, but I see it now, along with you calling me Drew... you might be thinking of the wrong person? I'm Stearmandriver over there too, no clever pseudonym.

Other than V1 cuts (which work better using the Vr cut option in the PMDG menu), I've not intentionally run many canned failure scenarios yet. I sometimes turn random failures on and have had fires and hyd issues which worked pretty well (though there was a bug while landing after an emergency gear extension.)  One of the better random failures it's served me was the loss of a transfer bus... that one actually took a few seconds to figure out what just happened ;).

As far as the voices that come with MCE, they're pretty good at running the scripts that come with MCE.  When you create custom scripts or checklists though, they can get choppy as they're pre-recorded snippets.  A TTS voice fixes that; I run a Cereproc voice that I like, but any freeware voice is fine as well. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

As for your comment on Reddit: Also wrong.

Reddit is probably one of the more important "opinion makers" in the social media landscape. Ever hear about AMA Reddit?

I have not heard of that.  But I get the sense that Reddit (and Redditors) exist in their own little world in which they are massively influential; and are seemingly blissfully unaware of the lack of importance the rest of the world places on the forum.  Folks look at Reddit with something along the lines of polite, amused indulgence ;).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

18 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Ahh...I see you're from Norway....I already painted your Country's P-8 (well...maybe a P-7.5, LOL).  If you enjoy maritime patrol flying, she's the bird for you. (Love your Country's roundel (emblem)...I had to recreate it from scratch since there seemed to be no exact version of it anywhere... a lot were close, but not what was represented on this bird) 🙂

Y4K1EH.png

Excellent work as usual Steve, really nice. 👌

🍻 Bakern

Edit: Sent you a PM on Flightsim.to Steve.

Edited by Bakern

On 6/24/2022 at 7:58 PM, DD_Arthur said:

I am lol.😆

I let this one go at the time because apparently we weren’t talking about a certain topic…

But why do you think this is so incredibly funny?

Are you always this easily amused?

Do you just not know the difference between a trademark and copyright?

Have you failed to notice that all the major gaming companies (no, PMDG is not major, they’re tiny by game dev standards) let players make mods and don’t suddenly lose their copyright. Do you know how many game mods there are out there? Or just look at flight simulation - did Microsoft/Asobo lose their IP when hundreds of mods of their aircraft appeared?

No. It didn’t happen. It was never going to happen. Everyone should have noticed by now that PMDG tend towards grandiosity in their statements, this was just yet another example of that, with thousands of real-world counter-examples available to refute it.

• Like 4

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

13 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Hmmm, I missed your comment before about my "clever pseudonym" on Reddit, but I see it now, along with you calling me Drew... you might be thinking of the wrong person? I'm Stearmandriver over there too, no clever pseudonym.

Clever pseudonym = Stearmandriver

Andrew = Drew (it may grow on you)

We’ve posted in the same threads over there before. I’m not OzWhitey on Reddit though. I could tell you my Reddit name(s), but then I’d have to…you know.

🙂

• Like 1

Oz

Ah... it didn't occur to me that was clever.  Now my "name" here and on the PMDG forum could be considered clever, if a person had read their Gaiman and Pratchett.  😉

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley