Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

UT: fps drop?

I wonder if all those extra roads and rivers and extra textures and cars don't make FSX crawl... There's got to be a fps-punishment for all that extra stuff! But I hope not, really. I like to be sure though before I buy it.To tell you the truth I never ever fly in the USA but flying in Europe doesn't appeal to me that much since so much detail (roads, rivers, etc.) is missing (even though I have fun with the Norway Scenic X addon). Does UT also deal with the sand all over the place? I think about buying UT just to keep me happy while waiting for the Europe version... ;) But I don't have any fps to spare, so... that's why I'm asking.

Guest UlfB

J van E,I made a simple comparison test over a dense area over Seattle (NE of down town). Default UT settings. Road traffic at 25% and sea traffic at about 40%. Normal autogen.With UT disabled (FSGenesis USA LC): avg 67 fps.With UT enabled: avg 42 fps.Road traffic is more intense with the UT roads, so I set all road and sea traffic to zero. This gave med avg 77 fps! So the traffic settings have a big impact on fps. So I did a test with zero traffic:With UT enabled (FSGenesis USA LC): avg 77 fpsWith UT disabled (FSGenesis USA LC): avg 82 fpsWith UT and FSGenesis USA LC disabled: avg 79 fpsMy conclusion is that the UT addition of roads, coastlines and lc doesn't have any big impact on fps. But the increased traffic genererated by the additional roads will have a BIG impact. So tuning the amount of traffic is essential to keeping the fps up.Regarding the problem with to much sand textures, I'm not the right person to make judgements. I'm from Europe and have never been over there. I did a quick comparison over San Fransisco and there is less sand with UT than the default FSX (FSGenesis LC disabled). With UT disabled and FSGenesis LC enabled there is even less, but if I compare with Google Earth, I'd say that UT LC seems to be more realistic. But as I said, I'm in no position to make judgements on how good the UT LC is.Ulf B :-)

Guest firehawk44

"Ever heard of Google, you moron?!? Why don't you SEARCH first before asking stupid question, you idiot!"Yes, I agree with the little green man on your right shoulder.... lol

Guest rnj slinger

>Ever heard of Google, you moron?!? Why don't you SEARCH first>before asking stupid question, you idiot!>>Here's all the info you need:>http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=21325>>Man, some people...??????????????????????RickPent 4 3.0ht 2048mb asus p4c800hd 200gb maxtor maxtor 7200 rpmclub3d 1950 pro agp 25621"IIyama crt19" relisys crtwin xp sp2 CH yoke + pedals + throttle Quadrant+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv6.5+GePro etcPmdg73/74Pax/F B1900c/d Lds 767+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv etc

Personal abuse is unacceptable whatever the question. If you can't respond in a civilized manner, don't bother responding at all.Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

>I made a simple comparison test over a dense area over Seattle> (NE of down town). Default UT settings. Road traffic at 25%>and sea traffic at about 40%. Normal autogen.Thx for posting! Having more cars on the road is one of the main reasons for getting UT. And so that happens to be one of the major fpr-droppers... Well, it's not the only reason for getting UT of course... But I'm still in doubt if I should wait for the Europe version...

>And Rick. :) And Noel. :(Pity I just missed stevehow's original post. :(

Noel,In general I totally agree with your comments. In this case, however, check the names of the abuser and of the abused!Regards,Dugald

Let's just say that the developers are aware of the sand issues around the med... ;DAlso, my experience is exactly the same: Traffic can be a big hit on FPS, but properly tuning the percentage can negate any negative impact of the increased number of roads with traffic.Other than that, FPS hit is minimal.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Irishman

>Noel,>>In general I totally agree with your comments. In this case,>however, check the names of the abuser and of the abused!>>Regards,>DugaldHa! I didn't catch it either. I was just thinking about how quickly the second poster might get banned. Duh.