Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

UT: fps drop?

>Ever heard of Google, you moron?!? Why don't you SEARCH first>before asking stupid question, you idiot!>>Here's all the info you need:>http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=21325>>Man, some people...Gawd, was that funny!:-lol I kinda' like that approach of "proactive self-abuse" in an AVSIM forum to reduce or eliminate negative posts by others using reverse psychology... it actually looks like it worked so far! ;) Normally I put on flame-retardant body armor under my hip waders when I come to the AVSIM FSX forum (kinda' like going to a "Gallagher" performance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Gallagher and purposely sitting in the front 3 rows), but I can now see the potential for having some real fun with this kind of approach... might work better than locking threads, warning people, engaging in verbal fisticuffs etc.!:-sae Good to see some early reports coming in on how UT-USA for FSX performs; thanks for a great thread to start my Sunday morning!:-) GaryGB

Guest UlfB

Noel,I don't understand how my answer could be a personal abuse. Please enlighten me!Ulf B :-hmmm

>Noel,>>I don't understand how my answer could be a personal abuse.>Please enlighten me!>>Ulf B :-hmmm LOL This is getting better every minute. You must be watching the forum in threaded mode! In that case I can understand your confusion. :( Anyway, Noel wasn't reacting to your post but mine... (the second one, that is...) ;)

on my P4 3,2G / 2G RAM / ATI 256megs X850XT My medium system is handling this OK as long as I keep settings down some.Is it my imagination or have the blurries improved.There are more draw calls since FSX was devoid of a lot of things that UT delivers. Is this causing things to draw more often and thus imnprove the blurries, or am I blurry... :-)THIS UTx USA is a MUST HAVEADDED: Have not encountered any serious blurries for over 10 minutes now flying in Massachusetts, northbound, rural with small towns and quite a bit of new detail actually.Could this be the improvement we have been longing for?fluffy al

Guest UlfB

>>Noel,>>>>I don't understand how my answer could be a personal abuse.>>Please enlighten me!>>>>Ulf B :-hmmm >>LOL This is getting better every minute. You must be watching>the forum in threaded mode! In that case I can understand your>confusion. :( Anyway, Noel wasn't reacting to your post but>mine... (the second one, that is...) ;)Yeah, I know. I just couldn't resist getting this thread even more confused *:-*Loved your answer to your own post, anyway!Ulf B :-)

>Also, my experience is exactly the same: Traffic can be a big>hit on FPS, but properly tuning the percentage can negate any>negative impact of the increased number of roads with>traffic.>>Other than that, FPS hit is minimal.Yes, last evening with hundreds of vehicles criss-crossing everywhere, my frame rates had dropped a few notches. But with Sunday morning, and less traffic, it appears no hit at all; yet I've got a fantastic improvement in scenery!So.........I'll turn the traffic down a bit!And as to the reply to the original poster, I luckily caught the names quick enough... :-lol L.Adamson