Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

Rob A is leaving flightsim

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72920&start=435

A great loss for the flightsim community.

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

Shame, because over the journey Rob has provided a huge amount of advice knowledge to the community. That said, it seems for the past couple of years he's really just been raging about anti MSFS stuff and banging the drum for P3D. I always respected his knowledge.....just lost a bit of that respect when it became overwhelming anti MSFS rhetoric.

Again, shame. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I loved his helpful comments and suggestions during P3Dv3/v4 discussions and I will miss it. Agreed, his comments and critics on MSFS were sometimes a bit harsh but fundamentally justified in most cases.I fully agree with his point about historical weather which is one of most important reasons not to leave P3D. R.A.: " Boggles my mind that historical weather is still missing in MSFS and no plans to make it happen as the up vote for the feature is extremely low ... and the suggestion that Jorg N. didn't know about historical weather is hilarious, the PM of MSFS isn't aware of what FSX could do?  "

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

gee, a martyr for historical wx...  an obscure feature of activesky that drives people bonkers?   just sad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Inevitable really.
If the 'latest and greatest' flight sim platform (which has created a seismic shift in the market in its favour) can annoy someone so much, then they aren't going to enjoy the hobby any longer.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

He has helped my sim experience significantly over the years and will be forever thankful.  It seems pretty clear he was jumping into MSFS not only as a user, but also as a developer.  Somewhere along the way, an MSFS update totally broke the program he was working on.  Believe it was a season modification tool.  Seems after that his interest in flight sim was never the same.  I suspect we will see him again one day. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

gee, a martyr for historical wx...  an obscure feature of activesky that drives people bonkers?   just sad.

If you're entirely happy with only ever being able to fly in reasonably realistic evolving weather at the specific actual time and date you're flying, that's fair enough for you, but being able to simulate scenarios with particular weather conditions that evolve realistically, or fly in summer when it's winter, or have clear skies for sightseeing when it's overcast in RL, is important to some people. MSFS can't simulate evolving weather systems except using the Meteoblue live weather model. Historical weather data is the simplest way to achieve this goal - pick a day with conditions that suit what you're looking for and they will evolve as they did in the real world. Clearly it's not critical to enough people to get the request upvoted high enough to get it on the plan, but still there plenty of people saying they want it in the threads on the official forum and elsewhere. And no, static weather themes are not sufficient. Thankfully Rex Weather Force will have an option for historical weather soon, and it's been one of the most consistent requests from their users.

You don't want the feature? Don't vote for it. Thus far, it seems you're winning that argument. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 4

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

12 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

Thankfully Rex Weather Force will have an option for historical weather soon, and it's been one of the most consistent requests from their users.

...for P3D, too?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

1 minute ago, Juliet Alpha said:

...for P3D, too?

REX Weather Force is MSFS only. ActiveSky has the historical weather feature for P3D. TBH I'd prefer an ActiveSky for MSFS but given that weather injection is only possible via the back door I guess they don't want to stake the future of their product on a back door that might close at some point. 

• Like 2

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

4 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

historical wx...  an obscure feature

Obscure? Not really, for a number of us it's fundamental.

• Like 6

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

4 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

Perhaps you never fly outside your country so historical weather is not a factor. Insulting those who find it useful / indispensable is unlikely to win you any friends. Why not just accept many find it extremely helpful in recreating accurate weather for a given time.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Aw, he will be back. Wait until the cost of RW flying sinks in.😂

• Upvote 3

Vic green

The fact that he’s shelving P3D leads me to believe either LM is done with V5 or they just wrapped up another weak update that has taken 7 months to produce. 

• Upvote 2