Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

PMDG and what's bothering us

So, as we are now in a separates thread, this is for some open discussion about what's bothering us about the PMDG updates, communication and decision to split up each own model in a own selling peace of product. 

I do not like the promises that are being made and not kept. 

I do not like the harsh attacks from users AND PMDG at each other 

I do not like the way pmdg is handling the users feedback . Instead of listening and being as neutral as possible they react like we are not welcome to share opinions. 

It's a simulator and a hobby....

Marcus

• Like 11

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

This is going to go well……

Rob like’s taking 3 pagers to say what he could in 3 lines.

PMDG make great aircraft.

They can do what they like, if you don’t like it don’t buy it.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 19
  • Upvote 6

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hangar Chat material !!

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

3 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Hangar Chat material !!

More like trash bin material! :ph34r:

• Like 14
  • Upvote 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Why? I mean, I see tons of posts in not related topics. Ive just opened a related topic to let us share thoughts, I do NOT need click material. 

It is a topic where we can share and PMDG can have a look IF they like, without bothering their forum and without bothering unrelated topics.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

RSR can learn one or more things from Aamir and Fenix ... Just sayin' 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

27 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

As long as he puts a TLDR at the top then he can write as much as he wants. Generally I'll end up reading the full version at some point, although not always the same day.

Wasn't keen on FSX to P3D5 and buying the same product 3x (but I did) - MSFS fair enough though !

Not a fan of enforced real names in the forum, think it has the complete opposite effect to the one they want it to have as most users introduction to the forums is to be told to put in their real names.

The 737 is great though, as are their p3d 737 & 777 !.

G

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

So, as we are now in a separates thread, this is for some open discussion about what's bothering us about the PMDG updates, communication and decision to split up each own model in a own selling peace of product. 

I do not like the promises that are being made and not kept. 

I do not like the harsh attacks from users AND PMDG at each other 

I do not like the way pmdg is handling the users feedback . Instead of listening and being as neutral as possible they react like we are not welcome to share opinions. 

It's a simulator and a hobby....

Marcus

Not much to talk about in my opinion. Since the 737 came out i have seen posts ad nauseum complaining about communication style, cost, promises, features and the like.

For me the only issue i have is the communication style. Considering their style of communication has nothing to do with the rest of the product i am mature enough to separate the two and i am enjoying the product immensely.

The forum has its rules and allows open discussion, dissent and multiple viewpoints. But there comes a time when the purpose of arguing pro or con regarding an issue becomes very diluted when the parties over saturate the message they are trying to convey.

I'm sure PMDG have seen these conversations on these forums and in other places. In some aspects they have responded to the feedback and in some others they have made a decision to maintain their own position. That is their right and the ball then goes back to your court. Do you then .. complain more thinking that they will respond or do you make a decision that actually does something as @Nyxx suggests ?

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday.

Happy flying

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

51 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yep  if  you havnt  bought  it  or  not  going  to purchase  no need  to even  bother  to  enter   any  pmdg  thread.

• Like 5

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It is clear they are reading these forums and reddit etc, because they are changing the way they do things based on the general reactions of the community, the eula, more updates and transparency etc.  Im sure it wont be long before they drop that full name rule on their forums as well.  I remember being berated several times on their forums over the years by RSR and other word not allowed anytime I pointed out inaccuracies with their product.  If you think their attitude is bad now you should have seen them years ago, especially when they had one particular moderator who was particularly skilled at being a jerk.  Anyway they seem to be going in the right direction, my interactions with RSR and the rest of the team since the MSFS launch have been better and it is clear they are making changes to how they do things little by little.

• Like 3

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

And then we wonder why we've seen so many developers drop customer support forums entirely and move to ticketed support only...  

Shall we just all sit around the campfire and have a big hand hold to talk about all the FS developers who have wronged us or abandoned us over the years?  

And then we subsequently wonder why developers abandon this market altogether.   

Edited by psolk
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

It is clear they are reading these forums and reddit etc, because they are changing the way they do things based on the general reactions of the community, the eula, more updates and transparency etc.  Im sure it wont be long before they drop that full name rule on their forums as well.  I remember being berated several times on their forums over the years by RSR and other word not allowed anytime I pointed out inaccuracies with their product.  If you think their attitude is bad now you should have seen them years ago, especially when they had one particular moderator who was particularly skilled at being a jerk.  Anyway they seem to be going in the right direction, my interactions with RSR and the rest of the team since the MSFS launch have been better and it is clear they are making changes to how they do things little by little.

People have been asking for them to drop the full name requirement for many years, hasn't happened yet. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

People have been asking for them to drop the full name requirement for many years, hasn't happened yet. 

And the same way people can choose to stay off FaceBook, Discord and Social Media channels they can avoid PMDG's forums if they so choose due to the restrictions put in place by them on their forum.  If people don't like Elon Musk then don't buy a Tesla but don't run to auto forums to tell people how much you dislike him and won't buy his stuff... The comments against RSR in some cases have been far too personal for my liking and I'm sure some of his responses bear that within them.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Who still wants to hang around PMDG forums in 2022?🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'm voting with my wallet and donating to open source community addons. I don't like the attitude of some of the payware developers. 

• Like 6