Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

PMDG and what's bothering us

5 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

It is clear they are reading these forums and reddit etc, because they are changing the way they do things based on the general reactions of the community, the eula, more updates and transparency etc.  Im sure it wont be long before they drop that full name rule on their forums as well.  I remember being berated several times on their forums over the years by RSR and other word not allowed anytime I pointed out inaccuracies with their product.  If you think their attitude is bad now you should have seen them years ago, especially when they had one particular moderator who was particularly skilled at being a jerk.  Anyway they seem to be going in the right direction, my interactions with RSR and the rest of the team since the MSFS launch have been better and it is clear they are making changes to how they do things little by little.

The fact they even let this person carry on the way he did, totally turned me off buying anything at the time. He made my teeth itch.

• Like 1

Luke Pype

Mr randazzo perma banned me from avsim many years ago because I complained about the pricing on p3d product vs fsx. Never looked back and never bought anything from them since no matter how awsome their product is(had all of them in fsx). There are more fish in the pawn...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Yep  if  you havnt  bought  it  or  not  going  to purchase  no need  to even  bother  to  enter   any  pmdg  thread.

I have several PMDG products, so yes, I am a customer. Otherwise I would not have to bother, if I where not interested in further products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

Mr randazzo perma banned me from avsim many years ago because I complained about the pricing on p3d product vs fsx. Never looked back and never bought anything from them since no matter how awsome their product is(had all of them in fsx). There are more fish in the pawn...

How did he perma ban you from Avsim and you are posting that to tell us on Avsim?  Or he banned you from their forums because you didn't like the pricing so you didn't buy which seems perfectly logical that if you don't like the price of something you don't buy it 🙂 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Ohh boy, another thread complaining about PMDG. Seriously, if you don't like the company, don't buy their products.

I for one am quite happy with their MS products, got both and both are superb. 

I find it hard to understand why moderators keep threads like this open, waste of time if you ask me.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

12 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Ohh boy, another thread complaining about PMDG. Seriously, if you don't like the company, don't by their products.

I find it hard to understand why moderators keep threads like this open, waste of time if you ask me.

There is a differnece between complain and bother. Also there seem to be so many to "talk" about when I look at the dozens of other topics with this PMDG related "upset" people. So I just opened a Topic related title.......not more and not less. 

At least I hoped I can read the other topics now "topic related" and this thing is not "bothering" me there 😉 

Marcus

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Ohh boy, another thread complaining about PMDG. Seriously, if you don't like the company, don't by their products.

I'm quite happy with their products too - but I'm also free to admit that they're not perfect. Anyway, I've had many great flights with the new 737, but I'm also enjoying the Fenix A320.

That said, I think this thread is quite useful as a honeypot for keeping the usual suspects from hijacking every PMDG thread. I'm not against criticizing PMDG (or any other developer) here on Avsim, but I don't think it has to happen in every thread remotely related with PMDG, and re-iterating the same points for the thousandth time. We know how it ends most of the time: a perfectly fine thread about a valid and interesting subject gets derailed and eventually closed, for well-known reasons. 

This is why I speak out against some of those critical comments... Most of them are valid to bring up, I'd agree to some of them, but it makes a forum borderline unusable to read them everywhere, repeated ad nauseam. 

So yeah, if this serves the purpose to collect the criticism in one place, it's a good thing for the forum culture.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Has the drama level dropped in soap operas or something, and some drama starved simmers are taking up the slack with PMDG?

I'm glad I live a simpler life - PMDG releases a B737 for MSFS. Read some reviews, purchased it and fly it. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

11 minutes ago, awf said:

Drama over again... I agree getting tired of the same childish topics...

Why Dram? Just tell us what is bothering you......and if you are happy, then just leave this thread for those who are not and want to share their thoughts

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I find the 737 not so great at all. The 737 didn´t bring something "nice" on top of the basics. Yes, the first 737 in sim. But I see PMDG raising the price (1 model vs. several models) and also left out really nice enhancements and even some basic stuff is not done great.

Also that sharing these opinions at their forums is not really welcome. They also react quite hard and do not wanna hear this (at least it seems so).

If you post some good stuff, but haven´t set your name (counts not for me but others), you get a reply immediately that you are violating the rules. But a feedback to some critism....not at all. Or in a manner it sounds like they feel attacked.

I think its time to make clear (at a normal way) that this isn´t the way I have expected this.

I would like to see PMDG making some new stuff, some surprices (like nice EFB or a better own pushback function, etc.) and not asking high prices for the same thing over years (not really, but in the way of speaking).

To me it seems, again, they have rushed this one out....and the future updates are only done to earn money with a beta state plane and pospone the rest.

Well.....you see how quick business can change......(just mentioning their words on P3D). 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

42 minutes ago, psolk said:

How did he perma ban you from Avsim and you are posting that to tell us on Avsim?  Or he banned you from their forums because you didn't like the pricing so you didn't buy which seems perfectly logical that if you don't like the price of something you don't buy it 🙂 

Because a few months ago I sent an email to avsim staff to remove the ban because pmdg now have moved to their own forum, I tought this was the time to get back in, and nice as the avsim staff is they let me in...

Reason I stopped buying from them was because of the ban, not the price. I just raised concerns and getting banned really helped me take the decision to abandon pmdg products... Yes im touchy...:)

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mwilk said:

LCxS7tS.gif

This made me actually LOL.

• Like 3

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

4 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

This made me actually LOL.

Well. somehow yes.

But common, if customers not telling what they like and dislike, then nothing will happen, nothing will change or the product does not deliver what we like.

And I already was a bit meh about the state of the 737 (no EFB, Failure management still in the FMC (Old code??? vc completely done new??), pushback in FMC either, almost no wear and tear, etc. 

On top of this PMDG started to act harsh at customers who where very "sounding" (not always great either, but still customers or potential ones). Also with the new pricing model its clear, they are raising. I mean 130 EUR for all, or 60 per model, is a difference.

And if this isn´t enough, the product has unfinished parts, for reasons.

And I am Beta tester at P3D and like that sim too.....bought many of their products and now they postpone development on that? 

This whole package I do NOT like at all. This is getting to much as I see it. And I wanna see if I am the only one or some of you see this equally.

Thats why I opened this topic!

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png