Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

PMDG and what's bothering us

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

The heading of pmdg is clearly MSFS, wich is ok, but the promis was something else. Surely not a postpone for uncertain time.

The heading of a great many 3rd party devs is now MSFS rather than P3D/XP, and for understandable reasons.

Like others I too fail to understand this outrage over some perceived promises not being kept about the MSFS 737... they were up front about what's in, what's not, and what's coming when. Customers were then free to choose to buy now, or wait, or buy never.  I realize all the other stuff about their treatment of users on their forums, RSR's personality rubbing some the wrong way, over-the-top EULA enforcements etc etc are getting under various peoples' skins especially those with a sordid history with PMDG, but on this specific topic of the MSFS 737 and feature delivery timeline, can't really find anything to fault 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

And.....one thing PMDG always was well known for: quality and hardly any issues! Top tier! The leg of competition made it possible to ask high prices for that. They've earned it due this. 

Now, the things change. Quality is less high compared to earlier Plattforms (I mean feature wise) and the Plattform offers much more eye candy and technical cool stuff like efb and even more shading based stuff (scratches, wear tear etc). 

This wasn't really used in their product (some non at all, some minor).

The prices are equal or even higher if you sum up the models after each release and what you've paid form them, you would be more expensive then prior Msfs. ) 

That's OK! But only if the quality is still top notch (also use the capability of the NEW Plattform and bring some new stuff to create a wow effect) .

Then you have your usp. They still have, but how long? 

For me it's important to invest in products that are worth it in MY OPINION. I know them a long long time 

But there is a degrading of quality vs price. That's a bit odd. 

I hope they will change that someday. 

Then I will rethink of maybe buying their line of planes for Msfs

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

More like trash bin material! :ph34r:

Thanks for this helpful reply. I didn't expect this from avsim. 

I'll try to keep this thread out of trash bin material. 

Marcus 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

17 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Calm down, listen and  stay objective and neutral as possible. 

That's what I expect from a good company. 

Does this best practice not extend to customers' behavior towards a retailer as well? 

Because, objectively, there haven't been any broken promises that I've seen. This is my point.  If there have been, cool, it's not like I would argue against that... just show me one. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Andrew Crowley

9 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Does this best practice not extend to customers' behavior towards a retailer as well? 

Because, objectively, there haven't been any broken promises that I've seen. This is my point.  If there have been, cool, it's not like I would argue against that... just show me one. 

There's non i have seen, they have either delivered or are delivering as they stated the improvements to the aircraft  prior to launch.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

15 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I didn't expect this from avsim. 

Are you new here?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mwilk said:

LCxS7tS.gif

So the guy in the blue shirt is Kyle. 

Which poster is the horse? I presume they asked a question that was covered somewhere in the manual.

Unless the guy in blue is Bobby R after his last trip to the Avsim fourms? 😉

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I think I’m going to cancel cable! PMDG produces much better drama series ! Lol

• Like 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

What is this thread about ?  - Simmers  in general or just casual ?

As long as i can remember people who has and still enjoy flightsim as hobby loves every single digit that these dedicated developers works out. 

Lets move on .....but before we do -  enjoy what we have. Its amazing for a simmer point of view :-)

July is PMDG 747 month and Fenix/FSL A321 . 

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

16 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I think I’m going to cancel cable! PMDG produces much better drama series ! Lol

It is rabid Avsimmers producing all the drama I think.

• Like 3

David Porrett

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

And.....one thing PMDG always was well known for: quality and hardly any issues! Top tier! The leg of competition made it possible to ask high prices for that. They've earned it due this. 

Now, the things change. Quality is less high compared to earlier Plattforms (I mean feature wise) and the Plattform offers much more eye candy and technical cool stuff like efb and even more shading based stuff (scratches, wear tear etc). 

This wasn't really used in their product (some non at all, some minor).

The prices are equal or even higher if you sum up the models after each release and what you've paid form them, you would be more expensive then prior Msfs. ) 

That's OK! But only if the quality is still top notch (also use the capability of the NEW Plattform and bring some new stuff to create a wow effect) .

Then you have your usp. They still have, but how long? 

For me it's important to invest in products that are worth it in MY OPINION. I know them a long long time 

But there is a degrading of quality vs price. That's a bit odd. 

I hope they will change that someday. 

Then I will rethink of maybe buying their line of planes for Msfs

How do you know the quality "degraded" if you haven't bought it?  Most people who bought it seem pretty happy and content.  In fact my purchase of the NGXu got my the -700 without spending a penny.  The nerve of them!  

The LOUDEST complainers seem to be those that haven't bought it and "most" of those seem to be users of another platform who all of a sudden now that PMDG has shifted focus have a vendetta against them. 

All of a sudden there planes are unflyable, textures hurt peoples eyes, quality is degrading and they they have no "wow" effect.  Yep, that's the state of things. 

The drama has me perched... 

4 hours ago, gb09f said:

I'm voting with my wallet and donating to open source community addons. I don't like the attitude of some of the payware developers. 

And this is a perfectly reasonable, sensible and understandable response that didn't even require an entire thread to tell everyone 😉  The most effective voice is not always the loudest voice.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 6

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

Of course it does. But .....they are the profs and we customers (should still stay respectful)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 minutes ago, psolk said:

How do you know the quality "degraded" if you haven't bought it?  Most people who bought it seem pretty happy and content.  In fact my purchase of the NGXu got my the -700 without spending a penny.  The nerve of them!  

The LOUDEST complainers seem to be those that haven't bought it and "most" of those seem to be users of another platform who all of a sudden now that PMDG has shifted focus have a vendetta against them. 

All of a sudden there planes are unflyable, textures hurt peoples eyes, quality is degrading and they they have no "wow" effect.  Yep, that's the state of things. 

The drama has me perched... 

And this is a perfectly reasonable, sensible and understandable response that didn't even require an entire thread to tell everyone 😉  The most effective voice is not always the loudest voice.  

Just doing research at some good quality streams and friends who have the product. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Just doing research at some good quality streams and friends who have the product. 

I can't even...   I'll just leave you with the shovel so you can keep digging.  

Thank you though, I did get a good laugh before starting my last work call of the week LOL 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

12 minutes ago, psolk said:

And this is a perfectly reasonable, sensible and understandable response that didn't even require an entire thread to tell everyone 😉  The most effective voice is not always the loudest voice

Stay away if you do not like this threat. As easy as it is. 

I did not complain. I did write several times the things I do not like. Related to the topic , the product and the communication. 

If you do not feel involved ...just move on. I did not force you to come over here and getting irritated about this thread. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png