Sign in to follow this  
GKELLERMAN

PMDG 737-700 Broken

3 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Business common sense dictates customer care must come first. Therefore released it is

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mce.zip

If the forum blocks access to the link, manually copy the line above and paste it to your browser address field. Tis is V2.9.7.2

Thank you very much! This is giving us the same experience as before just without the V-speeds being read directly from the FMC?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

14 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Thank you very much! This is giving us the same experience as before just without the V-speeds being read directly from the FMC?

You're welcome.

In theory yes.

There might be the odd item that needs to be looked at closely as a week proved to be too tight to switch over.

Once MCE is up and running, give it 30 seconds before making the first request.

This is the PMDG MD-11 that never had an SDK and was interfaced a decade ago. See how the captain tells the Fo about V speeds

<media> 

</media>

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

Thanks! 

@threegreen, if you try this out and you have a chance, could you report back about how it worked for you? I've remained on the previous version of the 737 to keep MCE working, and would rather not upgrade until I know the new version works. 😉

Thanks! 

Andrew Crowley

I'll be trying it later today, will report back. I'm sure it'll be fine - Gerald is a master at this stuff.

• Like 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

15 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Thanks! 

@threegreen, if you try this out and you have a chance, could you report back about how it worked for you? I've remained on the previous version of the 737 to keep MCE working, and would rather not upgrade until I know the new version works. 😉

Thanks! 

It's good that @severniae came along since I'm taking the exact same approach as you. In fact, I'm still on the MCE version where you have no callouts on takeoff because I forgot to update MCE before every single flight I did since that version was released, including today... 🤪

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Version 2.9.7.2 is for MCE Ultimate edition only. The MSFS edition is still 2.9.7.0 so it will not solve the PMDG related problems in MSFS.
Correct?

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

On 7/3/2022 at 10:20 AM, severniae said:

I'll be trying it later today, will report back. I'm sure it'll be fine - Gerald is a master at this stuff.

Just so you know, starting from V2.9.7.2, the is no longer need to care about using the specific wasm module that ships with MCE. It is in synch with latest.

30 minutes ago, agutz said:

Version 2.9.7.2 is for MCE Ultimate edition only. The MSFS edition is still 2.9.7.0 so it will not solve the PMDG related problems in MSFS.
Correct?

The workaround implementation has just been out. Once a few quircks are ironed out, the MSFS edition will have it as well. Could even be 2.9.7.3

19 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Just so you know, starting from V2.9.7.2, the is no longer need to care about using the specific wasm module that ships with MCE. It is in synch with latest.

Wonderful news! Thanks Gerald.

To all waiting on me, unfortunately my kids caused me some delays yesterday so tonight is the night! Sorry..!

Although, you could take a copy of your current PMDG installation (you would need to copy the data from the FS2020 community, and the appdata folder, as PMDG puts bits in both locations) and then upgrade, test, and if you don't like, copy the files back again. 

James W

So - I've gone for a quick testing circuit tonight to give things a try - good job Gerald - working well!

Only noticed two minor bugs:

1. The commands 'engine 1 hydraulic pump' on / off commands are reversed (so commanding on turns it off and vice versa)

2. I couldn't remember the voice command, and don't have time to check, but also I think there is a similar issue with the other hyd pump switches - trying to command them individually on or off gave some odd results. Possible it was my voice detection but also during the shutdown flow, the F/O turned elec pump 1 on instead of off - so perhaps related.

3. I had a few random callouts - for example after calling for flaps 40 the F/O gave me some warning about the gear (I don't recall exactly what he said)

I'll report anything else I find once I have some more time to do a proper flight... However, for those waiting to upgrade to the latest PMDG version, I'd say go for it.

• Like 2

James W

2 hours ago, severniae said:

So - I've gone for a quick testing circuit tonight to give things a try - good job Gerald - working well!

Only noticed two minor bugs:

1. The commands 'engine 1 hydraulic pump' on / off commands are reversed (so commanding on turns it off and vice versa)

2. I couldn't remember the voice command, and don't have time to check, but also I think there is a similar issue with the other hyd pump switches - trying to command them individually on or off gave some odd results. Possible it was my voice detection but also during the shutdown flow, the F/O turned elec pump 1 on instead of off - so perhaps related.

3. I had a few random callouts - for example after calling for flaps 40 the F/O gave me some warning about the gear (I don't recall exactly what he said)

I'll report anything else I find once I have some more time to do a proper flight... However, for those waiting to upgrade to the latest PMDG version, I'd say go for it.

Great to hear, thanks! 

Andrew Crowley

21 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

You know, that's a good point. I'll maybe try that later tonight. 

This replacement file is intended for those who already installed latest V2.9..7.2 Unzip and replace a single file in \Multi Crew Experiene\ installation folder

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Simco64_Ldr.zip

- Fixes hydraulic pumps state mix-up

- Fixes recirculaing fan state read

- Fixes GPU connection state read.

It's OK for MCE MSFS edition users to also replace that specific file.

It's possible to easily check whether Fo is controlling items properly, either verbally or by using the Test button. See this video

<media> 

</media>

Edited by FS++

On 7/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, threegreen said:

It's good that @severniae came along since I'm taking the exact same approach as you. In fact, I'm still on the MCE version where you have no callouts on takeoff because I forgot to update MCE before every single flight I did since that version was released, including today... 🤪

Here is a way you can use the very latest while retaining the option to go back.

Open ""737NGX_Options.ini"" in PMDG aircraft folder and set 

[SDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=0

This will have the same effect as upgrading the plane which no longer provides data with switches states. You'll notice MCE FO no loger switching items as he should.

Next, backup the following items somewhere

"mce.exe" & "Simco64_Ldr.exe" in \Multi Crew Experience\ folder

Install the very latest version.

Replace "Simco64_Ldr.exe" with most recent file

If all goes well, you should notice Fo is getting awareness back and controlling the stuff just as he did with SDK. You can then update the plane

To revert back, simply overwrite "mce.exe" and "Simco64_Ldr.exe" with the saved files.

8 hours ago, FS++ said:

Install the very latest version.

Replace "Simco64_Ldr.exe" with most recent file

Are these the same files that you posted last time or new ones?