Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

29 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Inertia.  There is some inconsistency. The planes still seem to change direction very quickly as if they have no mass to them.  I think this might contribute to why they weathervane all over the place on take off and landing as well. 

Especially in GA aircraft, it doesn't seem like I am flying anything with any significant mass.

Just watching some video reviews of the new Chipmunk, and it seems to flip about like a paper plane, but it isn't just limited to this aircraft of course.

+1000000% !

The otherwise beautiful FSReborn Sting S4 suffers from this MSFS artifact really badly - and it's due to it's light weight and there's nothing the dev, Simbol can do about it at this time.  Very frustrating.   He, myself and many others are hammering Asobo about it, on a thread in the official forum.    The Parallel42 Kitfox also suffers terribly from it.

It started with SU9 when they brought in something called CFD, which is (trying, badly) to simulate convention effects from the ground.   It's a good, realistic function to have in the sim - but they depicted it awfully! ..... with these super jerky, inertia-lacking, utterly constant, relentless movements, that just look like the sim is broken! 

The worst of it is, there is currently no setting for it.  You can set zero wind and zero gusting or turbulance and still get the relentless 'effect', because it comes from the ground.

The only way I have found currently, to get rid of it, is to fly between 20:00 - 05:00 local time, which obviously means being limited to evening/night, lower light flights. 👎

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

33 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Wow, 9 posts before historical weather was mentioned. Is that a record? :wink:

Probably. But to be fair these people have a point, after all, you can't imagine how disappointing it is to place your aeroplane in the Pas de Calais, type in 1415 into the GUI, then end up with the sim going to quarter past two, instead of reproducing the weather at the Battle of Agincourt. 🤣

Seriously though, I would say the biggest issue is the ATC. I can live with it as it is, because it's still better than what most flight sims have, but MSFS would be a vastly superior sim if it had ATC procedures which were more like the real world and offered the flexibility this would engender.

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

if you could improve / fix / add one thing right now that would significantly improve your experience, what would it be?

All aspects of the Toolbar usage in VR back to pre-SU7 levels, it's been a shambles since then and remains severely broken to this day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Physics!! First and foremost.

They say they will fix the ground physics that are currently a joke. We’ll see how that goes.

beside that, expose as much as possible to 3rd party developers. They’ll do a much better job in whatever it may be

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Improved ATC, specifically giving it the ability to assign you appropriate SIDs, STARs and approaches on the fly, without having to pre-plan them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Physics!! First and foremost.

They say they will fix the ground physics that are currently a joke. We’ll see how that goes.

beside that, expose as much as possible to 3rd party developers. They’ll do a much better job in whatever it may be

This is one of the few things I actually have faith in them fixing this year. The Q&A devs detailed everything wrong with ground physics, from winds zeroing out at 0mph to the wheels being modeled as points instead of having 3d surface area, to the terribad crosswind physics affecting ground performance, etc. They seemed really passionate about this one, so I'm actually convinced they'll get this right long before we get the big weather update or an ATC overhaul or the AI overhaul.

I really hope I'm right. I'm sick of willfully suspending my disbelief for the entire taxi, take-off and landing rolls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

More cloud variations (TC, CN, Cirrus) with better performance of cirrus.

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Real actual PAUSE that stops everything

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

2 things.

Hardware setups that automatically loads with each aircraft. XPlane has this and it really saves time. I have lots of different joysticks, yokes, anti torque pedals, rudder pedals etc. and I fly 20 different models at least. I find I tend to switch models less because the control options are so clunky to set up and then recall.

A better replay system. I assume this is already on the way. Also an option to record a whole flight and save it like the XP interface.

OK a third as well. Better camera system, I really like XCamera in XP. Maybe as an add-on but it would be great as part of the sim. I like the preset "tower view" etc in XP.

But over all I love FS2020. Way ahead of its competitors IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

If they'd fix the underlying performance loss after a few hours and other core system issues that would greatly improve MSFS for me.

Ground textures at airports payware/freeware are of very poor quality, they could greatly improve that area also.

Open up the weather system so that third parties can develop for the weather system in the sim such as Active Sky.

The Ai traffic is abysmal. They should have fixed it long ago.

If Asobo/Microsoft stopped pushing for World Updates and DLC and just got working on the above mentioned it would be great.

• Like 1

ATC

Weather (seasons)

AI

• Like 1

Chris Camp

I would already be happy if I could use live weather all year long in my home country Switzerland. Currently, this is simply not possible due to the totally bugged snow coverage that puts snow almost everywhere in the Alps, even down to valleys where temps are way above 20°C...

And a working AI engine at least in FSX level would also be nice...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi,

Oh yes weather ! Consistency in meteorological conditions variation ( yesterday in short final, the wind went from 230/14 to 070/7 in an instant) and clouds variation also ( high altitude clouds) and API

Secondly, proper replay mode, simple AI traffic that actually works AND correcting MISMATCHING between Glide path and PAPI.

Well basic stuff but urgently needed i. my opinion.

Please Asosbo 🙏

Pierre

• Like 1