Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

Better camera adjustments and a working replay. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Danno said:

2. AI 

Everything else is just icing on the cake.  

I mean, the AI in most video games is smarter than the AI in MSFS

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

I wish they'd sort out the stuttering.

The only stuttering I've had is that associated w/ ATC text logging and mic-off static sound which seems to be when the stutter occurs.  When you're set up well there is no stuttering beyond this.  A few updates back they listened to reports about microstuttering associated with the spinning logging indicator on the lower right part of the display and fixed this thankfully.  For the ATC stutter issue I often turn off ATC on the control dropdown for periods of time and I think I will submit a zendesk on this--I submitted three of them for the spinning logging indicator and it did go away so maybe that helps.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Chief complaints:

1.  Integration of METAR/local weather/haze, and other weather outside this.  Often as you know there is a layer of decreased visibility that looks like smog over big metro areas, and it is not blended well into the MeteoBlue weather.

2.  Cloud depiction:  cloud density/resolution has become way lower than it needs to be for those w/ the processing power to cope with much better rendering.  And cloud morphology/types.

3.  ATC still needs work though it's improved definitely.  I'm not happy with some of the Azure voicings they do not sound like real-world ATC they sound too good, especially the dude!   It's not concatenation as is the case w/ some 3rd party ATC, it's the voice inflections are just off and hard to describe exactly what is off.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

There seems to be a lot of demand for ATC. 

Rightfully enough, the default ATC is as bad as it gets but who uses default ATC? 

Currently there's no decent 3rd party ATC program so the default is all there is but eventually someone will make one. It's a good bet, that a 3rd party ATC program will be better than whatever ASOBO might come up with. Just like the weather in p3d, a third party developer will do a much better job than the stock offering. 

• Like 1

ATC. I know there are addons but there is a lot of room for improvement with the default. 

Overhaul of the AI/ATC system.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1. Better cloud variations with a slider bar to adjust the cloud sharpness/resolution separately from the rest of the game. I find that if you turn up the sharpness using the Nvidia game filter or Reshade it makes the clouds appear grainy.

2. Fly by camera view and the ability to extend the spot plane view further out.

3. A force feedback option for those that have controllers that support it.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Other one I left off is water. While it can look amazing up close and when windy , it looks flat and lifeless most of the time. Especially up higher 

• Like 5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1. (and by far number 1.): More cloud variations and more realistic cloud patterns and layers in live weather, especially cirrus clouds, stratus clouds, CB and more. The engine can do that already, but live weather data are just not being interpreted well by the engine for some reason

2. Better ATC (no repeating messages, not assigning wrong or nonsensical altitudes, just being more realistic overall

3. Being able to leave the cockpit and freely walk around

• Like 1

Wind Gusts, Physics , ATC & live traffic a little more alive.

Happy Landings,

JW

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Other one I left off is water. While it can look amazing up close and when windy , it looks flat and lifeless most of the time. Especially up higher 

We need volumetric water like in P3D. I'm not saying I want submarines, but it would be nice for scenery devs to be able to control the exact 3d space that water consumes.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Live weather depiction. It's unreliable.

Not good for Pilots.

Obviously ATC & AI, but at least we have AIG & Pilot2ATC. I doubt that we will ever see the user speak directly to the program. It's so important to IFR operations and for years neglected by MS in its sims.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Paul K said:

I wish they'd sort out the stuttering.

So many, like me, have very smooth flight without stutters. The issue is probably with your setup/configuration.

Plenty of posts on this forum to help with stuttering.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

There seems to be a lot of demand for ATC. 

Rightfully enough, the default ATC is as bad as it gets but who uses default ATC? 

Currently there's no decent 3rd party ATC program so the default is all there is but eventually someone will make one. It's a good bet, that a 3rd party ATC program will be better than whatever ASOBO might come up with. Just like the weather in p3d, a third party developer will do a much better job than the stock offering. 

Eh? There are several decent ATC third party apps.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home