Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

So many, like me, have very smooth flight without stutters. The issue is probably with your setup/configuration.

Plenty of posts on this forum to help with stuttering.

What would make me happy is to stop reading the constant complaining about every little thing in MSFS, 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

ATC

AI

And i am happy.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Accurate cloud bases per the METAR.  Asobo engine doesn't really depict cloud bases - the bottoms of the clouds are currently more or less variable elevation bands of low visibility that move around as you fly.  Typically, in the real world, when a METAR says something like BKN or OVC008 you'll pop right out at 800 ft agl.  This makes flying instrument approaches so much more enjoyable.  If you could just set this (which you can but they're not accurate) in the custom weather screen it would be awesome.  But we also need visibility as a variable to be read in METAR and set in custom weather.  I think it would be neat to have the ability to type in a METAR string in custom weather for approach practice!

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

There seems to be a lot of demand for ATC. Rightfully enough, the default ATC is as bad as it gets but who uses default ATC?

I use it all the time.  It continues to improve though still needs tuning.  What the other ATCs don't do at least AFAIK, and what XP12's ATC will not do, is something MSFS does that has been progressively improving and is a very nice immersion adjunct: it accomodates realtime traffic and my own flights both into and out of airports.  It will correctly specify and I am hold short at the runway, advise me to line up and wait, will correctly call realtime traffic in the same fashion, will tell my I'm 3rd to land when I am behind realtime traffic, etc. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

I use it all the time.  It continues to improve though still needs tuning.  What the other ATCs don't do at least AFAIK, and what XP12's ATC will not do, is something MSFS does that has been progressively improving and is a very nice immersion adjunct: it accomodates realtime traffic and my own flights both into and out of airports.  It will correctly specify and I am hold short at the runway, advise me to line up and wait, will correctly call realtime traffic in the same fashion, will tell my I'm 3rd to land when I am behind realtime traffic, etc. 

PF3 has been doing that same thing for years for me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Improve the LIGHTING by:

1) Reducing glare and brightness or provide settings to adjust

2) Fixing overexposed skies when looking down in cockpit

3) Fixing dark cockpits when looking forward

• Upvote 1

- TONY -

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So you're using Realtime Online Traffic, yes?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

So you're using Realtime Online Traffic, yes?

yes

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

But it will tell the other planes to line up and wait, because it can't. It is always you who gets routed around traffic. And there are numerous other shortcomings. 

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

yes

Interesting.  I used Concourse software (RadarContact) for many years but eventually got rid of it because it was not worth the per flight setup required to make it function correctly in FSX.  How is this part of it now for MSFS?  I'm surprised it is tracking and commanding RT traffic correctly since it's MSFS that has to choreograph it to integrate with our flights, but you're saying it is.  Here are two examples, the first done recently and all of these airlines were correctly called by their realtime names and all were directed in orderly fashion to take off on command.  And the second shot was from a while back coming into KSAN where I was called to go around because of the flight I was shadowing, United 2309, was landing right before I would.   

spacer.png

spacer.png

How has the concontenation now?  In the past is was tolerable but I wasn't fond of it compare to FSX's ATC voicings.  I ended up losing RC because of this and the requirement to set up the flight so it RC worked.

Noel

One more thing (beside my three items in my earlier post): voice recognition for ATC. Yes I know, probably a pretty advanced one, but hey, we all can have dreams, right? 🙂

• Like 2

Better model matching in multiplayer.

And while you are at it, please fix the borked elevation mesh for southern Vancouver Island 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

In order...

1. AI aircraft movement around airports (ground and air)

2. AI aircraft movement around airports (ground and air)

3. AI aircraft movement around airports (ground and air)

cirrus clouds would be a nice touch.  But ATC, better instruments, better planes... all that stuff we can blow past with addons that are available now.  But nobody can influence AI traffic to the full extent  (yeah, I know, I own all the mods for it)

Edited by Mike S KPDX
  • Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

So many, like me, have very smooth flight without stutters. The issue is probably with your setup/configuration.

Plenty of posts on this forum to help with stuttering.

Don't think I'm not reading and trying out solutions. I've just spent another afternoon at it,  with some success I must say - though whether the fix stays fixed remains to be seen. Some people have  it, some, like yourself, don't. At least I've made some progress today.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org