Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

Better weather/clouds etc. It is fundamental. A more complete and realistic atmosphere is more important than anything else. It is the environment of flight.

Improved ATC/AI would be nice.

• Upvote 1

Funny, poster asks for one thing to improve and now we have over 5 pages, usually with many things to improve per post.  Guess in their eyes there is a LOT wrong, 😆  I'll stick to just one... ATC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

7 hours ago, Sethos said:

So I assume we all enjoy using MSFS but we can also agree, things are never where we want them to be.

However, instead of this turning into a long complaint thread of people's laundry list of things, if you could improve / fix / add one thing right now that would significantly improve your experience, what would it be?

My own personal: Complete UI / UX overhaul. I find the entire experience clunky at best, slow and sometimes counter-intuitive. Especially setting up controls was a real test of patience at times. While I don't actively use X-Plane, their UI right now is fantastic. Fast, logical, to the point and it's almost scary how easy it is to set up controls. Then you boot up MSFS and it's like boxing underwater the entire way. 

What's yours?

How many times are you setting up controls?

14 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Don't think I'm not reading and trying out solutions. I've just spent another afternoon at it,  with some success I must say - though whether the fix stays fixed remains to be seen. Some people have  it, some, like yourself, don't. At least I've made some progress today.

Paul if you're willing to get direct setup guidance for what specifically works for me and has since initial release, and in P3D v4.5 before it on different hardware, PM me and I will be happy to see if we can duplicate this on your machine.  If, of course, you'd rather proceed ahead with your own trial and error, reading of various suggestions, I understand.  I offer because I have high confidence it *should* apply to others' hardware w/ one caveat:  I don't know how it applies to AMD CPUs/GPUs, but it might.  What is your CPU and GPU currently if you will?

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

If I had to pick one easy thing it would be to get back the spot plane view camera from the last 25 years. There’s zero reason they needed to remove this from the game. The code for it is still likely even part of the current code base.

Honorable mentions to inertia and weather as well though. This sim needs a lot more than one thing fixed… 🙂

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Wow, 9 posts before historical weather was mentioned. Is that a record? :wink:

I would say an historical record 😀

Improved FPS on the ground at handcrafted airports.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

25 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Funny, poster asks for one thing to improve and now we have over 5 pages, usually with many things to improve per post.  Guess in their eyes there is a LOT wrong, 😆  I'll stick to just one... ATC.

Reading through all of the post, and the winners are: 

1. improved weather

2. improved ATC.

• Like 3

Multiplayer. Specifically the ability to see the liveries I've installed in order to see what my online mates are using. That includes getting rid of the stupid sticking plaster that is pasted over the registration I've spent a long time getting right!

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That's a no brainer for me:

- Good functioning AI traffic

- realistic ATC with landing separation, go arounds and holding

- realistic voices with accent of country origin.

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

To name a few:

• (Much) more sophisticated failure simulation
  • Better weather/air simulation - i.e. not only visually (like more clouds variation), but also e.g. turbulences in clouds, accumulating ice on the wings in respective weather conditions, wake turbulences, ...
  • That mass inertia thingy
  • Better damage modeling (like damaged flaps at overspeed, blown tires at hard touchdown, ...)

Or generally said ... going beyond "fair weather conditions".

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Paul if you're willing to get direct setup guidance for what specifically works for me and has since initial release, and in P3D v4.5 before it on different hardware, PM me and I will be happy to see if we can duplicate this on your machine.  If, of course, you'd rather proceed ahead with your own trial and error, reading of various suggestions, I understand.  I offer because I have high confidence it *should* apply to others' hardware w/ one caveat:  I don't know how it applies to AMD CPUs/GPUs, but it might.  What is your CPU and GPU currently if you will?

Hi Noel, I've tried sending a message, but it says you're unable to receive them. Must be a privacy setting or something.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Landing surfaces on moving stuff, e.g. ships.

I so miss being able to land on Henrik's ships, and moving carriers.

Edited by Penz

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

55 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Hi Noel, I've tried sending a message, but it says you're unable to receive them. Must be a privacy setting or something.

I just looked and the message inbox is full it appears, so I deleted some.  Try again if it still says unable to rec'v then I will consult a moderator.

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

ATC - just get the **** proper runway assignments for the winds would be a good start.

• Upvote 1

Randall Rocke