Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

6 hours ago, ZoblebV8 said:

The awful ground handling and weathervane effect is my top wish for fixing.

While they're there they can fix the VR menus...

Second that. Swaying left/right in a fully loaded 737 or 320 during takeoff run at speeds of just about 70kts, trying not to touch ground with the wing tips would be my one thing. 

• Upvote 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

23 minutes ago, DAD said:

Second that. Swaying left/right in a fully loaded 737 or 320 during takeoff run at speeds of just about 70kts, trying not to touch ground with the wing tips would be my one thing. 

Ya know, there's an argument to be made that flying planes in MSFS is harder than real life, meaning MSFS pilots are more skilled than us real pilots. 🤣

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

19 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Inertia.  There is some inconsistency. The planes still seem to change direction very quickly as if they have no mass to them.  I think this might contribute to why they weathervane all over the place on take off and landing as well. 

Especially in GA aircraft, it doesn't seem like I am flying anything with any significant mass.

Just watching some video reviews of the new Chipmunk, and it seems to flip about like a paper plane, but it isn't just limited to this aircraft of course.

Yep, that's there since the beginning. Well summed up. That's probably why inputs feel so sensitive as well. It feels like they created a great mathematical model but missed some empirical parameters.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

Yep, that's there since the beginning. Well summed up. That's probably why inputs feel so sensitive as well. It feels like they created a great mathematical model but missed some empirical parameters.

It's called the butterfly effect.  Just like with RC airplanes.

sp

3 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

It's called the butterfly effect.  Just like with RC airplanes.

sp

Yeah, the flight dynamics in MSFS would apply better to RC planes. I don't mean this in a taunting way. I'd just like ASOBO to look into this a little further.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

UI revamp, getting rid of the game-ish appearance and also weather. Weather still lacks a lot of cloud types plus the injection is sometimes drastic, causing the aircraft to jump around quite a lot until it tries to stabilize itself.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I want ground handling fixed. That's my biggest gripe with the sim right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

6 hours ago, WestAir said:

Ya know, there's an argument to be made that flying planes in MSFS is harder than real life, meaning MSFS pilots are more skilled than us real pilots. 🤣

Yes it is harder, but much safer to fly an RC or SIM plane than a real one. Mostly because you can't feel what the plane is doing unless using a very complex motion simulator.

But I can tell you that both GA and TubeLiners do get tossed about big time IRL.

I have lots of pilot friends that have ground looped their planes, mostly tail draggers. Even tricycle gear planes can be almost impossible to keep straight and on the centerline in gusty winds.

IRL I have many times aborted landings just before touchdowns, and either gone to a different airport or landed no flaps and slightly diagonally across wide runways on purpose. I have not bent a plane real plane yet, knock on wood, but I have destroyed dozens of RC planes and more SIM planes. It is different when your life is on the line.

I feel that FS2020 is very good representation of both in air and ground handling as well as that intense time transitioning between the 2.

As I stated earlier, a better replay system and profiles for controls that automatically load for each plane once set up are my biggest wishes. 

I have separate sensitivity settings for most of my sim planes, both for rudder and stick/yoke. This makes the models act much more accurately. Some models are extra "twitchy" and just dialing in a curve or 2 fixes that just fine for me anyway. Every yoke/stick and rudder pedals are different so there can be no standard profile that fits all models.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1. Better AI handling (with AIG)

2. A full functional "Save Flight Situation" which would include all: flight, flight plan, panel details and the weather situation (historical weather?)

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1️⃣ Stability

In 2D it seems ok, but VR is too much a crashfest. From sudden MSFS quitting to hard restart of the computer without any clue in event viewer. Happens random (start, midflight, or end of flight) with a almost empty community folder.

I change my number one from camera simplicity to ground handling.  I thought this was something I was doing but now I see others have also had it.  I spend 15 or 20  minutes setting up the Fenix for  takeoff, and then start down the runway and it runs off the runway into the woods and houses.  Because of this, I have quit flying it. Don't know if it's Asobo, Fenix or me.

Roy

ASOBO has to continue to improve the core sim:

Flight planner can be more robust.

Live weather can be improved significantly.

AI traffic, especially the live feature, needs to be addressed and fixed.

ATC is getting better but the voices are not as good and we need more voices.

Default aircraft & avionics need constant updates.

The WUs have been both a blessing and a curse. I like better looking cities, but not melted buildings, mismatch colors, or degraded performance.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 hours ago, Hamish100 said:

It seems we are all on the same page.

ATC

ATC

ATC

AI

AI

AI

i would love them to hand over the weather to Active Sky.

Would love different Sunrise /Sunsets. No runway lights during day

Please add Windscreen Wipers natively.

H.x

Nope, the actually comments suggest ATC and weather.

Tree draw distance..  Ugly sepia distant city lights at night need sorting out