Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

As a pilot IRL, I feel ATC interaction is essential in capturing the true flight experience. Radio communication is an integral part of flying and I'd love to see them incorporate a more robust ATC system of some kind than what is included in the sim now. 

The ability to walk around...

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, Bartolet7 said:

As a pilot IRL, I feel ATC interaction is essential in capturing the true flight experience. Radio communication is an integral part of flying and I'd love to see them incorporate a more robust ATC system of some kind than what is included in the sim now. 

This is what motivated me to become a Pilot. Here's an example of the ATC in FU II back in the late 90s.

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

As far as I am concerned, Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 are legends of the flight simulation world. I used FU3 (and the FU2 San Francisco scenery) exclusively between 1999 and 2008, and I loved every minute of it. A part of me wishes that I could go back to those times....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1. AI overhaul

2. Vehicle traffic (make it as good as x-plane)

3.Airfoil labs or A2A bringing their C172 and King Airs. Want a plane that I can do maintenance checks on..

4. Camera system - fly by views, tower views

• Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Here's my list:

0) NO STUTTERS NOR PAUSES AT ALL: they kill immersion. No late texture loading.

1) Flight Model (more inertia, both rotational and linear, is needed, plus some more pet hates, like behavior on the ground)

2) ATC

3) Weather and its visual representation

4) Perfect representation of runways under all visibility conditions

A.

Edited by ADamiani

For the Asobo devs to spend a week with some seasoned long time simmers and their systems so that they actually understand what we're talking about when we ask for stuff. e,g, They've never understood what we meant by "Replay". They've clearly never seen Active Sky in use nor ever seen Hybrid measurements in use in an aviation context 🙄

• Upvote 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

On 6/30/2022 at 10:54 AM, CFIJose said:

[...]Here's an example of the ATC in FU II back in the late 90s.

Speed the voices up a bit and you have the nearest thing I've ever heard in a flight sim to real world ATC.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The ATC system in Flight Unlimited 2 was absolutely revolutionary in its day, and it took Microsoft years to even get close to catching up. The tower controller would also chastise the player if they did not stick to the taxiways, or follow instructions properly!

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

54 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The ATC system in Flight Unlimited 2 was absolutely revolutionary in its day, and it took Microsoft years to even get close to catching up. The tower controller would also chastise the player if they did not stick to the taxiways, or follow instructions properly!

In all my years of simming, every time I hear about an ATC add-on I always compare it to the FU II & III ATC.

So far I have not found an ATC, in a modern sim, with the quality, clarity, and pleasantness I found in the voices of FU III.

It must be very hard to replicate, because it has not been done.

XP12 sounds interesting. I would try it, just to see how the ATC stacks up to FU III.

FSHUD is getting closer, but that's an add-on that is not included in a sim.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.