Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

1. ATC

2. Reliable live and historic weather.

3. Stop the regression with every update. (Current stutters come to mind.)

• Like 3

Robin

Another thing - the night lighting, so that roads out in the middle of nowhere don't have street lighting all the way along them. I'll also join the ATC and AI chorus.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Give us a spot view in external view where I can zoom in and out without introducing the fisheye lens distortion. 
There is great detail to the scenery, but the view - even with the clear skies preset - has a greatly exaggerated blue/green haze. I know some praise this as realistic and immersive but in fact it detracts from MSFS’s enhanced scenery capabilities. The haze is too much. 

• Like 1

Vegetation types are wrong, limited in types, and there is just too much of it and its too tall.  Really kills immersion.  

AI and ATC are a given....  

1. Camera's - Chaseplane specifically. MSFS camera system is unusable, for me.

2. AI

3. Weather - Active Sky please.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

1) Flight planning map: schematic representation of weather, filters for specific navaid types, display of airways, ability to set waypoint altitude, and NOT resetting the flightplan at random

2) View system: ability to set zoom levels permanently for all camera's, allowing for a uniform picture when changing views

3) Force feedback support, more specifically the simulation of trim forces. While there are a few 3rd party addons for this, their functionality is limited.

4) UI design: additional keyboard commands (e.g. Complete Item in checklist), setting callsign/registration for individual aircraft

5) Editable logbook

If I had to pick only one: not resetting my *@%! flightplan at random

Edited by Johan217

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

For me, historical weather and I'd seriously consider using it.  

Just two things for me:

1) Improve live weather with more type of clouds, wind gusts, reduced visibility

2) Make a complete overhaul to ground physics: at the moment taking off or landing with crosswind feels odd to say the least and it's almost impossibile to do with some aircrafts

2 hours ago, VHOJT said:

For me, historical weather and I'd seriously consider using it.  

Sorry, but I don't understand "historical weather".  What is it?

Roy

Reduced visibility in live weather mode. Fed up of flying in almost infinite visibility.

Is there anything we can modify in any of the asobo files to reduce the visibility or increase the haze whilst in live weather mode?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Falconjet112 said:

Reduced visibility in live weather mode. Fed up of flying in almost infinite visibility.

Is there anything we can modify in any of the asobo files to reduce the visibility or increase the haze whilst in live weather mode?

Get XP, you will get nothing but haze, everywhere. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Falconjet112 said:

Well, although ASOBO's work on weather physics and rendering hasn't finished, and they have already announced some upcoming updates that are really promising, I must confess that most of the time I get realistic visibility effects, sometimes really close to what I see reported in the METAR.

I fly mostly in Europe, Iberian Peninsula. Sometimes I check that the Online Weather is active. A few times that I was getting somehow inconsistent results I noticef that it had "magically" turned offline.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Sorry, but I don't understand "historical weather".  What is it?

Roy

For example, if you you're use your sim during daytime in NC and you want to fly somewhere in Asia/Oceania also during daytime, then you would get accurate Asian/Oceania daytime weather too with 'historical weather'. Currently, MSFS doesn't offer it.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 minutes ago, Nemo said:

For example, if you you're use your sim during daytime in NC and you want to fly somewhere in Asia/Oceania also during daytime, then you would get accurate Asian/Oceania daytime weather too with 'historical weather'. Currently, MSFS doesn't offer it.

Thanks Nemo

Roy

• Like 1

And another pet peave:   the dawn/dusk sky even more so, but the night sky stars look like they are projected on to a dome, like a planetarium, they don't twinkle and do not give one a sense of depth at all.   I think it's good to have them vary according to nearfield sky haze etc but on crystal clear nights they just don't look like they are out there shining towards us they look projecte onto a surface.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X