Sign in to follow this  
Flypops

Wireless headset and re-connect

One of the problems that I'm having is that my wireless headset will not re-connect if it's been disconnected. I've tried going into config and changing my sound output to desktop speakers and they work fine but when I go back to wireless headset it does not reconnect my mic and although I can hear ATC it doesn't hear me. Nor do I get any tones in my headset such as frequency changes.

Sometimes I leave the room for a brief moment and my bluetooth will disconnect and then reconnect but P2A does not. Other times, like on long flights I want to turn off the headset to conserve battery life. The only way I can get things working again is to close P2A and re-start.

Is there a way to avoid this?

If that headset is set as the default audio input and output, I believe Windows will remember that.

P2A only uses the default audio input device for speech input.  You can set the output to the default audio output and hopefully Windows can sort it out to give you the default when it's available.

If not, try disconnecting and reconnecting rather than shutting P2A all the way down.  Of course you'll have to use the mid-flight recovery steps:

• Connect to the SIM
  • File the same flight plan as before
  • Make the initial call to the controller 

If all goes well, you'll be given a new squawk code and the flight will continue normally.

Dave

Yeah, well the disconnect / reconnect does nothing. I of course tried that at step no. 2 without success. So it's a Windows problem I guess is what I'm hearing, So the fix is a complete shutdown and restart. No problem really, it only takes about a full minute to restart, then another minute to pull up the flight plan and reconnect. But it is troubling because this is a problem that I never had before.

I had a similar problem, I fixed it on the occasional tines it dropped out by unplugging the Bluetooth dingle and replacing it in. I have an MPOW headset. 

• Like 1

MJ Riley

ATC Rtd 2017

This software may be of interest to you.  VOICEMEETER by VB-AUDIO – The world´s most used Virtual Audio Mixer & Sound Tool   

This will end the issue of changing or reconnecting audio devices.  I use it to just mix things all together but the output I decide.  Mostly I use headphones but sometimes I use desktop or monitor speakers.  X Plane for example will not allow you to change output device and it won't reconnect either.  Big bummer!

It will isolate your audio devices from the real devices so you are reconnecting to Voicemeeter and not the application which never realized that anything happened.

Basic or Banana level are free and I don't believe they nag at this level.  Basic would meet your needs.  Is it complicated?  No but it can be hard to get your mind around it.  Assign your mic for hardware input 1 and your output A1 and A2 to desktop and mic.   Point Mic input to B1 and point Desktop or voicemeeter vaio to A1 or A2 as desired.   Make you default device Voicemeeter VAIO.

I also like to use Ear Trumpet to manage audio for the windows applications along with voicemeeter to make the mixing connections.  It is well supported via Discord voicemeeter (discord.com) and there are many youtube videos to assist in setup.

I like desktop on A1 as this is when I would want to use my keyboard mute key.  Not true for headphones.

I have a suspected issue with using Hibernate/resume on windows 11 that results in static.  I make sure I shutdown the engine and the app and restart it every morning and it has been okay.

Are there other audio mixing applications.  Yes I found another recently but I didn't like it as it was more adware than anything.  It did work but I really prefer Voicemeeter and currently using Potato version.

• Like 2